Guide of The Year Awards 2019 - Nominations Thread

Dreggit

Exceptional Walkthrough Guide

I have a challenge for future voters - the Persona 5 Walkthrough guide has gotten a lot of love in the exceptional walkthrough category, but remember we will be awarding awards to 3 different walkthrough guides and we need votes for other walkthrough guides as well, not only that one! For those that haven't voted yet, please help and nominate some other walkthrough guides you liked, because Persona is for sure on the nomination list at this point xD 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I have a challenge for future voters - the Persona 5 Walkthrough guide has gotten a lot of love in the exceptional walkthrough category, but remember we will be awarding awards to 3 different walkthrough guides and we need votes for other walkthrough guides as well, not only that one! For those that haven't voted yet, please help and nominate some other walkthrough guides you liked, because Persona is for sure on the nomination list at this point xD 

Looks like Optinooby is going to win this, so I will add 2 more nominations for Exceptional Walkthrough Guide from different authors:

Both of these are extremely detailed and contain lots of original content by the guide author(s).

(I will also add these to my previous submission post.)

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

It seems the Persona 5 Walkthrough is getting a lot of love, rightly so. Must have taken a lot of work to get that monstrous thing done lol.

As I have already voted for the Exceptional Walkthrough with Persona 5 however 2 I highly recommend for people to check out before casting their votes as well is the God of War 100% Trophy Walkthrough & the Dying Light - The Bozak Horde walkthrough. Both go into detail really well & have some good time investments involved so they should also be looked at before making a final vote. At this point like @BlindMango said Persona 5 is already gonna be on the Nomination list at this point from it being in almost everyone's list so we should start giving the other walkthroughs a look over.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 2:50 AM, BlindMango said:

Like some others have already done, if needed, I'll post one more just in case and to help spread out the voting numbers and give recognition to others:

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & The Secret Hideout Walkthrough: The step-by-step descriptions in this guide are very well thought out and very well executed. The use of bolding and colorizing the text in this guide makes it very easy to follow along to and makes everything easy to find.

Edited by Z-Yux
Deleted 2nd nomination.

Alrighty everyone, I've added all of the nomination so far to the second post in this thread, shown here.

21 hours ago, HusKy said:

Looks like Optinooby is going to win this, so I will add 2 more nominations for Exceptional Walkthrough Guide from different authors...

20 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

It seems the Persona 5 Walkthrough is getting a lot of love, rightly so. Must have taken a lot of work to get that monstrous thing done lol....

54 minutes ago, Z-Yux said:

Like some others have already done, if needed, I'll post a couple more just in case and to help spread out the voting numbers and give recognition to others...

Nice, thanks to all of you! However I can only take one walkthrough nomination from each of you, so I've taken ObsiEez's Bozak Horde's walkthrough nominaiton since the God of War 100% guide already has a nomination, and I've taken HusKy's Woven walkthrough since the other one is the Bozak guide which ObsiEez has nominated. I've deducted both of your Persona 5 nominations though (Don't worry, it still has 12 nominations after doing that lol)

@Z-Yux - I can only do one walkthrough guide nomination per person, so you'll want to pick which one out of those two you like the most :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

Alrighty everyone, I've added all of the nomination so far to the second post in this thread, shown here.

Nice, thanks to all of you! However I can only take one walkthrough nomination from each of you, so I've taken ObsiEez's Bozak Horde's walkthrough nominaiton since the God of War 100% guide already has a nomination, and I've taken HusKy's Woven walkthrough since the other one is the Bozak guide which ObsiEez has nominated. I've deducted both of your Persona 5 nominations though (Don't worry, it still has 12 nominations after doing that lol)

@Z-Yux - I can only do one walkthrough guide nomination per person, so you'll want to pick which one out of those two you like the most :P 

Yeah cause at this point the Persona 5 walkthrough has gotten the most attention & will be in the top contenders I predict, Gotta spread the awareness of some other really great guides as well since this year was a pretty peak year for guides.

Best Niche/Indie game

IKARUGA Trophy Guide

This guide is one of the best explanations of not only how to obtain the platinum but also explaining how to play the game and that helps for a tough game like this. I've played the GameCube version back in the day and there was tricks and techniques in this guide that I never even knew of.

If you're looking to try and platinum Ikaruga. This guide alone can get you there as long as you put the time in.

Maybe one of the best guides this year.

Exceptional Walkthrough Guide:

Persona 5 Complete 100% Walkthrough

Yet another guide that goes above and beyond on explaining not only how to obtain the trophy but also the mechanics of the game.

Time management is a huge factor and may be the reason why people struggle to plat it. This goes through everything you need to do and explains exactly when do certain events.

While I didn't use the guide myself. I would deffinatley recommend it to anyone looking to get platinum.

Guide of the Year:

Crypt of the NecroDancer Trophy Guide

A almost perfect guide on how to plat Crypt of the NecroDancer.

This game is a little different from other plats because there isn't any crazy collectables or level up systems. You litteraly have to be good at the game or you have no chance. This guide, no matter how good you are now will make you twice as good and that's mostly the the information on what items do what.

in terms of improving. Look no further than this guide. It has everything you need and is explaining very well.

Exceptional Gameplay Guide:

Crypt of The NecroDancer - Ultimate Boss Guide

In terms of watching gameplay. This is THE guide. The time it would of took to not only get good to be able to pull this off but also creating 30+ minute videos of all bosses and going through how to beat them would of took extreme skill and dedication.

Edited by The_UW_98
  • Like 3

really wanted to vote in this so scanned the list of guides...turns out I've only browsed one of them and don't remember it being that great...had a second look at it to jog the memory...additional content has been added to the game which can affect how trophies are earned...guide not updated...pet peeve...voting fail...

tl:dr...nothing to see here...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

really wanted to vote in this so scanned the list of guides...turns out I've only browsed one of them and don't remember it being that great...had a second look at it to jog the memory...additional content has been added to the game which can affect how trophies are earned...guide not updated...pet peeve...voting fail...

tl:dr...nothing to see here...

Can you please PM me this guide

• Like 1

Guide of the Year: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Trophy Guide

For me its the guide of the year because it comes with so much extra information, just look at the Tips & Strategies section it contains everything important and is well explained.

The roadmap is as spoiler free as possible and makes sure you dont miss anything or make a mistake, the whole guide is also filled with orginal content.  

I just could enjoy the game following this guide and smoothly earn my platinum.

DLC Guides: Borderlands 2 - Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary DLC Trophy Guide

The guide provides everything you need and makes a good job clearing things up, helps you to get the trophies in one sitting easily.

Walkthrough Guides: Dying Light - The Bozak Horde Walkthrough

It had to be Persona 5 or Dying Light while i didnt even played both yet.

Both guides are amazing in their step by step explanations and they making a good job to not overwhelm you with information.

I cant decide and just go for the current Underdog here. 

Guides With Great Formatting: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Trophy Guide
Every player bead is listed in a table and well explained, if you have problems finding certain things only using text there is still a video attached at the bottom for this trophies.

Every usefull or necessary item is listed with their ingame pictues, certain items for specific ending are pointed out so you dont miss them.

As well every boss has some explanation ordered in their different phases and a video.

• Like 3

Guide of the year: Borderlands 3 - great and clear guide, had everything in it to make the plat super quick

DLC guide: Borderlands 2 Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary DLC Guide - makes getting the trophies quick and easy

Walkthrough Guide: Persona 5 - Complete 100% Walkthrough: just wow, so detailed, so much work for it, it's great.

Gameplay Guide: Resident Evil 2 - Ultimate Survival Guide - didn't go for the plat for this one but it was really helpful as someone who never played a resident evil game before with the maps and item locations

• Like 1

Guide of the Year - Devil May Cry 5

Did this on an Alt account and due to being my first go at a DMC game I was exceptionally lost but this guide was thoughtful and extremely useful and because of it I'll be going back to play the older titles in the near future 

Walkthrough- Persona 5

For how massive this game is and the foresight it takes to build such a detailed breakdown is note worthy

Original Content - Hollow Knight 

Tons of helpful tips and tricks maps builds and everything in between

• Like 2

Hi everyone, here are my votes a bit late. They were a huge amount of great guides this year and here are only some particular contributions which catched my attention:

Gameplay guide: Batman: Arkham Origins - Multiplayer Guide by @Roronora_Zoro666

1. The game is quite old now and even if it does not cover the whole game (which besides does not exist on psnprofiles.com for now, who wants to write it? ?), it is still a solid contribution. 
  2. I did the mp part one year ago and it asks for a long grind and a motivated team, it would have been helpful to have it. I was quite pleased for other players when I saw it happening. It is well-written and gives all the details (like sall the pecific commands) to go smoothly in the multiplayer, above all if it is the first Batman Arkham game you play. 

DLC Guide: Resident Evil 2 - The Ghost Survivors DLC Trophy Guide by @angelbless45

This guide is a solid contribution by providing specific strategies for each trophy, several videos, many details, pictures, taking the player by the hand. It looks like almost a walkthrough guide to me. Anyway, it sounds to fit exactly what we can expect for a well-written DLC Guide. 

Guides With Original Content: Skate 2 - Perfectionist Guide by @Roronora_Zoro666

1. The writer did an impressive work on the different guides about Skate 2. I am not interested in this game at all but I realized all the work he did and all the details he gave. I was just « Wow, this is an awesome job!! ».
  2. This is a very complete guide with many details, with many explanations, methods, videos. 

Guide of the Year: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Trophy Guide by @BlackTorito

1. Solid contribution: many details, a lot of explanations for the bosses. A great work of analysis and synthesis. 
  2. The roadmap is great (okay I admit I love guide writers giving many details and explanations)
  3. The formatting is amazing (see for instance the pictures in the tables).

For all these reasons, I am happy to nominate these different guides. 

• Like 4