Guide of The Year Awards 2019 - Nominations Thread

Dreggit

Guide of the year: Devil May Cry 5: very interesting and detailed guide and I’ll be safe if i ever get to start up this game 

Walkthrough: Persona 5. The guide goes is very good detailed and this is a game I’ve been wanting to do 

Original Content: Hollow Knight: a lot of helpful tips and navigation through your this game 

• Like 2

Here are my votings:

Guide of the Year: WWE 2K19

This guide was really helpful throughout the journey as it contained lots of life saver tips for Million Dollar Tower and made everything in the game like cakewalk. Also, this guide encouraged me to attempt the game itself and record my Million Dollar Tower run.

Walkthrough: God of War

As being a huge God of War fan and reading lots of detailed stuff in this guide, it made me feel the Rage of Sparda. Will probably attempt the game once it goes on sales.

Gameplay: Call of Duty WWII Shadow War DLC

This guide was so detailed that made me complete the DLC itself in under 3 hours (I was pausing the game by getting nervous or so but still, managed to one attempt the easter egg by this guide).

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 1:39 AM, BlindMango said:

Hey everyone, remember to give reasons for each guide being your favorite pick - thanks! :P 

I really think this should be optional. Everyone's opinions are correct anyway. Searching through 400+ guides is already a daunting tasking, and this makes it more of a chore, and ultimately you guys will decide the merits of the nominations anyway (which are usually easy to spot.)

I'll nominate the best overall guide is Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 by @TurtlePM.  The amount of overall details, walkthroughs & strategies, original content and pictures, easy to read formatting for a semi niche game is amazing. Just about every category you're handing out awards for seems to be covered here.

I'll nominate Megaman 11 by @LucasIIGD for the Original content guide. The tables, strategies, and weaknesses sheets are very helpful.

Good luck guys.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

Trophy Guide:Devil May Cry 5 Trophy Guide was so well written and it explained every step in a way that even an idiot like me would understand. Thanks to it explaining every step, I didn't need to use other hunting related sites.

Walktrough Guide:Persona 5 -Complete 100% Walktrough made my P5 experience hella easier and mad smoother.

Imported Game Guide: Bullet Girls Phantasma Trophy Guide I found this guide after using a japanese one while playing it but I would 100% used this instead of that one. 

• Like 2

Guide of the Year: Devil May Cry 5 - Its a very detail guide and feel confident when I start it in the future. I'll be able to platinum it with ease.

DLC Guide: Resident Evil 2 - Ultimate Survival Guide. It written very detail plus I like the speedrun guide is there aswell.

Original Content: Hollow Knight -

Tons of information on the game and well organized

• Like 3

I really appreciate the votes I'm getting for the Phantasy Star guides. It means a lot. :)

My nominations are:

Guide of the Year: Crypt of the NecroDancer Trophy Guide

A very well written and detailed guide with a lot of information that will get players started on what they need to know about the game and its trophies whenever they play the game.

Exceptional Use of Formatting: Resident Evil 2 Trophy Guide (by angelbless45)

Really diggin' how great the formatting is done with this guide, especially since it adds on to how very well organized and detailed it is!

Exceptional Gameplay Guide: Tokyo Xanadu - Collectibles Guide

The use of screenshots, along with detailed descriptions of where each item can be found out, make for a great collectible guide that should be used while playing through this game. I will definitely use this whenever I go back to playing the game! :)

Exceptional Niche Game Guide: Habroxia Trophy Guide

Knowing Velvet and her love of indie games, she really knows how to go all out with an amazing and well written guide for a game like this!

• Like 3