Starcade_Legend

Starcade_Legend's Dispute

16 posts in this topic

Starcade_Legend

Ninja Gaiden Σ2
Ninja Gaiden Σ2 • Reason: Cleared Acolyte skipped Warrior then cleared Mentor, impossible.<br /> <br /> So before I get into my own personal details on this matter, I request 3 things from PSNProfiles that can help expedite this dispute:<br /> <br /> 1) A screenshot of my Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 trophies on January 22nd, when I first joined this website.<br /> 2) The name of the Premium member who originally reported me and/or the moderator specifically handling this dispute.<br /> 3) The reason why my (1) reported trophy warranted to supercede the 5 questionable minimum trophies per list for me to be flagged.<br /> <br /> So, my dispute. I got a PS4 PRO around August of 2018. One of the first things I did was pickup an annual PSNow subscription, which I figured was a better deal than buying a PS3. I had beaten Ninja Gaiden on the original Xbox, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 more times and ways than I can count, more times than someone should be playing any one video game if they consider themselves a trophy hunter. Anyway, I love the series (never played NG3), so when there was an opportunity to play the game again for a platinum (albeit with a hair of PS Now lag, I jumped on it. I remember starting sometime in the fall of 2018 and paused after completing the campaign and Mastered Path to get a serious partner (and figure out how I would beat Team Missions with the lag found in PS Now. I later got a PS3; it was absolutely necessary).<br /> <br /> Dates were a bit all over the place because I was trying to do the normal campaign & Mastered Path at the same time (I.e. I would do a couple of levels of Warrior and Acolyte Mastered Path while going through the Mentor campaign). That’s the extent of the *special circumstances* for me. I have no idea about the weird time differences, I don’t know if there’s a known glitch to this game. But I do have a theory:<br /> <br /> I’ve possibly been hacked and someone altered that ONE weird trophy just to have me look crazy. Not the TEAM MISSIONS trophy mind you, but the order of beating Acolyte and Mentor story modes.<br /> <br /> That’s it, that’s all I’ve got. I guess I could go off into some ‘Tin foil hat’ theories, but if you have a copy of the trophy list to show where my NGS2 trophies were at on January 22nd, maybe that could help shed some light on this situation. Thanks for the dispute platform.

Edited by Starcade_Legend
On the 3rd main paragraph, I mentioned how I would play Acolyte and Warrior. I added ‘Mastered Path’ to those two.

In response to request#2, You don’t have to be Premium to report, just have the game on your profile. Also, mods don’t handle disputes, the Cheater Removers from the Staff link do.

My mistake; the Cheater Removal Team member that’s dealing with my dispute specifically, then.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, to save the conversation from derailing early, I would appreciate it if members chiming in (not including staff) would not obnoxiously remind me to ‘just’ hide my list.  As much as it’s only one game and business could go on as normal if I were to hide my game...I spent a lot of time and effort overall into that franchise, into that platinum.  And I didn’t sign up for PSNProfiles to ‘hide trophies or game lists’.  I’ve got nothing to hide, I did nothing wrong but enjoy my game to the fullest.  I know that is an option for users;  I’m not entertaining that option. 

If you'd like to contact @grimydawg directly for more details, he processed your report. To prevent possible harassment, the person who initially reported you is not revealed. 

The timestamps you are currently displaying is when PSNProfiles first recorded each trophy. There's not really a screenshot we can provide, other than what you already see in your report. There isn't a necessary five trophies that need to be awry. The three required trophies that need to be checked are more to reference one thing to the next. Typically we want to see more than one, but depending on various circumstances, sometimes one trophy is enough depending on the reason for the flag. Also note there may be more wrong than what was initially reported, since currently there's no way to update a report.

As far as the merit of the report, earning The Path of the Warrior is required in order to earn The Path of the Mentor.

No problem, B1rvine.  Thanks for your clarity on those details.

So I’ve been doing some thinking/reminiscing.  If my memory serves me correctly, when I started up NGS2 on PS Now, either all difficulties were unlocked automatically from the beginning or I had to play through Acolyte and all difficulties were unlocked after that.  The reason I say that is because I remember being startled on how all difficulties were suddenly unlocked early (in contrast to the disc-based version), and I chose Acolyte difficulty at first just to get my ‘Ninja legs’ back, after not playing the game for awhile.  That’s the only explanation I have.  I just recently gave my PS4 Pro to a relative (great timing!)...is there a staff or PSNProfiles member that can verify that claim and report their findings here?  I’ll go buy another PS4 (or give staff my PS Now access via my PSN ID) and boot up the game to clear my name, if I have to.  As much as this is a fair due process for members being flagged on PSNProfiles, this is embarrassing for me and I’m sure will have negative implications in my relationships with other boosters/forum members/trophy hunters, if I don’t thoroughly investigate this.  I’d like the community’s help in resolving this issue.

3 hours ago, Starcade_Legend said:

But I do have a theory:<br /> <br /> I’ve possibly been hacked and someone altered that ONE weird trophy just to have me look crazy.

It's probably a safe bet to throw that theory out the window, but out of curiosity, has anyone but you EVER had access to your account?

3 hours ago, B1rvine said:

As far as the merit of the report, earning The Path of the Warrior is required in order to earn The Path of the Mentor.

Are their any different versions of the game that may be running on PSNow that could possibly have all difficulties unlocked from the start?

49 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

It's probably a safe bet to throw that theory out the window, but out of curiosity, has anyone but you EVER had access to your account?

Are their any different versions of the game that may be running on PSNow that could possibly have all difficulties unlocked from the start?

To your first question, not that I’m aware of.

To the different versions on PS Now...everything looked the same (title, characters), but again, although it was last year when I started the campaign, I do remember being startled on how quickly all difficulty levels were open to be played.  It had to be a thing of them all being available at the start or as I went through the game as Acolyte they were all unlocked.  Those are the only things I can think of...

I just started up the PS Now version, the only difficulties available from the start are.

1. Path of the acolyte

2. Path of the warrior

You have to beat warrior difficulty to unlock mentor, acolyte won't do that for you

18 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

I just started up the PS Now version, the only difficulties available from the start are.

1. Path of the acolyte

2. Path of the warrior

Correct.  I’m looking on YouTube and seeing the same thing from people starting up the game on PS Now, on their first run.

I’m trying to think of what I did to have mentor difficulty unlock, without beating the game on Warrior difficulty...maybe something with Team Missions?  I remember beating the earlier Team Missions early on (Acolyte-Mentor, I believe).  Does anyone know if that could have triggered the Mentor difficulty?  🤔

39 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You have to beat warrior difficulty to unlock mentor, acolyte won't do that for you

You can unlock mentor difficulty by playing acolyte difficulty so if this is the only thing someone has against the person in the dispute then I think the flag should be lifted. Judging by everything else I've seen on the list, it looks legit.

Edited by Sergen

22 minutes ago, Sergen said:

You can unlock mentor difficulty by playing acolyte difficulty so if this is the only thing someone has against the person in the dispute then I think the flag should be lifted. Judging by everything else I've seen on the list, it looks legit.

Sergen, I was just about to confirm that as well.  I’ve got a buddy that JUST finished Acolyte on his PS Now account, and Mentor popped up immediately also for him.  This was without any Team Missions completed first.  I don’t remember it giving me that type of leeway on the disc version...🤔

Against my better judgment of NOT getting involved with this, especially on an identifying account, here we are.

I am the only true active moderator over at Reddit's /r/PlayStationNow sub, and Starcade_Legend reached out to me via private PM asking me to load up PlayStation Now to confirm that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 had all difficulties unlocked from the beginning.

It does not.

Now, I see that someone else here has already confirmed that, but as I know a lot about PlayStation Now let me elaborate more on how the service works so that you fine people can go back to doing your just duty of determining whether or not this player is cheating.

PlayStation Now runs solely on downloaded games. The games are streamed directly from a real console. So this means that Starcade_Legend was playing via PlayStation Now either on PS4 or PC, which was then connected to a real PlayStation 3 console, with a copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 downloaded onto it, and streamed via the service.

PlayStation Now doesn't offer, or do anything "special" or out of the norm for any games. It has already been confirmed here that:

1. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 only loads up Acolyte and Warrior difficulties at the start.

2. The game goes on a difficulty-by-difficulty basis thereafter and does not unlock the full spectrum of difficulties upon simple completion of Acolyte.

The only things left for you to confirm is whether or not this is the same for the downloaded version from the PlayStation Store, if the aforementioned confirmations came from disc-based users, as that (digital download) is what is running on PlayStation Now. Additionally, the game may be in an unpatched state, as many are, so if the game ever did unlock difficulties early on at any point in its lifecycle or have glitched trophy pops, that needs to be taken into account as well.

Let me know if I can help in any other way. Don't come and torch me, though.

Edit: After a very brief Google search, it seems that 9-10 years ago, people could simply watch replays and get trophies for things; including Mentor difficulty completion. I do not know if this is what is happening here, but as a last bid of playing Switzerland, here are a couple links to take into consideration.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2009/10/whoops_trophy_glitch_discovered_in_ninja_gaiden_sigma_ii

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/958890-ninja-gaiden-sigma-2/55548939

Additionally, if the PlayStation Now version of this game is in an unpatched state, that has nothing to do with Starcade_Legend and everything to do with Sony; aka, the user could not have purposefully opted to play unpatched.

Edited by HumanAbandonware

11 minutes ago, HumanAbandonware said:

Against my better judgment of NOT getting involved with this, especially on an identifying account, here we are.

I am the only true active moderator over at Reddit's /r/PlayStationNow sub, and Starcade_Legend reached out to me via private PM asking me to load up PlayStation Now to confirm that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 had all difficulties unlocked from the beginning.

It does not.

Now, I see that someone else here has already confirmed that, but as I know a lot about PlayStation Now let me elaborate more on how the service works so that you fine people can go back to doing your just duty of determining whether or not this player is cheating.

PlayStation Now runs solely on downloaded games. The games are streamed directly from a real console. So this means that Starcade_Legend was playing via PlayStation Now either on PS4 or PC, which was then connected to a real PlayStation 3 console, with a copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 downloaded onto it, and streamed via the service.

PlayStation Now doesn't offer, or do anything "special" or out of the norm for any games. It has already been confirmed here that:

1. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 only loads up Acolyte and Warrior difficulties at the start.

2. The game goes on a difficulty-by-difficulty basis thereafter and does not unlock the full spectrum of difficulties upon simple completion of Acolyte.

The only things left for you to confirm is whether or not this is the same for the downloaded version from the PlayStation Store, if the aforementioned confirmations came from disc-based users, as that (digital download) is what is running on PlayStation Now. Additionally, the game may be in an unpatched state, as many are, so if the game ever did unlock difficulties early on at any point in its lifecycle or have glitched trophy pops, that needs to be taken into account as well.

Let me know if I can help in any other way. Don't come and torch me, though.

For context, HumanAbandonware (and a host of other individuals) were contacted by me to get some insight on NGS2 for the PS Now service, once I had started the dispute.

i appreciate your help and insight on the matter, HumanAbandonware.  I just wasn’t sure if all difficulties (or Mentor, specifically) unlocked at the beginning SOLELY for the PS Now version, or (unlike what I was lead to believe from most guides for NGS2 years ago) the Mentor difficulty unlocked after beating Acolyte difficulty.  Regardless, I believe years ago I just followed everyone else’s ‘Rule of thumb’ by starting the game on Warrior difficulty, and assumed it was mandatory to unlocking other difficulties, as I believe most people assumed.  Years later via the PS Now service, I felt it necessary to get myself up to speed with Acolyte difficulty first, and was pleasantly surprised that Mentor unlocked immediately after completion.  Yet, I still needed to eventually finish the game on Warrior difficulty, regardless.  Such is life.

I’ve just received notice from the Cheater Team that this dispute has been resolved.  Although it was alarming for me to notice a flag on my profile, I appreciate the Cheater Team, Staff, and members doing their due diligence to keep a degree of checks and balances in the trophy community.  Keep up the good work!  😁  

6 hours ago, HumanAbandonware said:

Edit: After a very brief Google search, it seems that 9-10 years ago, people could simply watch replays and get trophies for things; including Mentor difficulty completion. I do not know if this is what is happening here, but as a last bid of playing Switzerland, here are a couple links to take into consideration.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2009/10/whoops_trophy_glitch_discovered_in_ninja_gaiden_sigma_ii

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/958890-ninja-gaiden-sigma-2/55548939

Additionally, if the PlayStation Now version of this game is in an unpatched state, that has nothing to do with Starcade_Legend and everything to do with Sony; aka, the user could not have purposefully opted to play unpatched.

Edited 6 hours ago by HumanAbandonware

Oh my goodness.  You’ve hit the nail on the head with the ‘patches’ point in relation to PS Now, HumanAbandonware. There were a number of pre-patched games on PS Now that really disturbed me (Resident Evil 6 missing ‘Hunk’ patch and no DLC available play/buy) is the biggest culprit) that made getting a cheap PS3 almost necessary.  I love PS Now, I absolutely vouch for the service’s potential, but...there are a few glaring issues with the service at the moment that could make it a minefield for trophy hunters.

On topic, if push comes to shove with the Acolyte-to-Mentor dispute, I could make a YouTube video of an Acolyte run to unlock Mentor, if that would help.  Outside of that, I’m not sure what else I could do.