Ashen Trophy Thoughts?

Rise_GKM

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 8:45 PM, Riztopher said:

Got the 100% on xbox it's not too difficult

How hard was the Children of Sissana achievement? It's the only achievement literally no-one has on PS4 right now, and from what I've seen on a few posts a lot of people say that difficulty is insanely difficult unless you're straight co-oping with someone (and even then it's still really tough).

• Like 2

On 12/3/2019 at 0:13 AM, iGGTheEnd said:

Cuphead is on Switch so there is hope for PS4,  I would kill for Cuphead on PS4 its such a good game.

It's a Microsoft IP, I believe.  We are more likely to figure out a way to see the inside of a black hole than to see that masterpiece come out on Playstation. ;_;

On 12/3/2019 at 1:50 AM, Rise_GKM said:

Yes, but it's more simple in terms of mechanics 

I couldn't help but notice your avatar.  Not that I'm one to talk considering what the woman in my avatar was wearing at the time that photo was taken.

Edited by BlindMango
Merged posts (Requested by the user)

Easy enough to get most trophies, nothing is missable, you can always go back to other areas where you may have missed something to do a kill specific trophy or finish a quest you didn't do - though as quest rewards unlock higher tier crafting options, upgrade your companion, as well as give you money & additional stamina or health you shouldn't have that issue.

The only "hard" trophy on here is going to be the Children of Sissna trophy. Beat the first boss on it after about 10 tries and worked my way to Sindre's View to work on taking on the 2nd boss. You have to be a LOT more careful with fighting, go in, swing once, maybe twice, dodge out. It's not even the lower health that's the issue, it's the lower stamina.

Also it should be noted that when you start Children of Sissna it says: "Start with lower stamina and health" - you keep this the entire game. Every reward you get that raises your stam/health, be it quest reward or feather, is cut in half. 

And, from what I've read, killing the final boss without a co-op partner is nearly impossible. I say nearly because at least one person has a video of them doing the kills with no damage on this difficulty - but it's not going to be something most people can achieve.

We'll see how many, if anyone at  all (no one has as of this posting) gets that trophy. I'm at least trying for it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

If you were to estimate how much time and how hard is the platinum of this game? 

Well, first run took me all told about 25 hours or so, but I did a fair bit of exploration, and I got stuck in a few places. You need to do at least 1+ playthru's as you won't unlock 'Children of Sissna' mode until you beat the 3rd boss, which is somewhere vaugely near the halfway point, but a little shy of that. So you could do your first run up until then, then start a new game on CoS mode, and then play through the whole game that way.

It's going to be largely dependent on skill and if you can get steady co-op or not vs. using the AI companions - but I'd say for 2 runs, and plat, it'd take anywhere between 30-50 hours. Right now I'd rate the plat at about a 8/10, largely due to the difficulty in CoS mode only. Every other trophies is easy enough to get with a little patience.

I'm still forging my way through, it's pretty tough keeping the companions alive - their health/stam pools are the same as your so they can die pretty easily also - and tougher still trying to fight the adds without your companion there to take some of the aggro off you... haven't quite made it to the first dungeon yet. Both bosses I've fought so far the companions died about 1/3rd the way through the fight so I had to do the rest solo.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 03/12/2019 at 1:13 AM, iGGTheEnd said:

Cuphead is on Switch so there is hope for PS4,  I would kill for Cuphead on PS4 its such a good game.

Well it now has been on PS4 for a while. I agree, it's the just the most stylish bullet hell game.

On another note, if someone wants to play Ashen co op, on children of Sissna mode together, then add me, or send me a PSN msg.

• 1 year later...