Can I use and external hard drive to install ps4 games?

Deathon6

I was thinking about getting an external hard drive for my ps4 and computer. 

What I would like to know is if it's possible to install games from the store or from a physical disc on to an external hard drive? 

I would also like to partition this hard drive so some of it is ps4 compatible and some of it is computer compatible. 

I would also like to connect it to a router making it a network drive. Can the ps4 write data to an external network drive or does it have to be physically plugged into the console? 

So what if I use a computer to format the drive and partition half of it to exfat. Then when plug it into the ps4 and it ask me to format it I select no. The ps4 should still be able to use the exfat partition while ignoring the ntfs partition. 

Edited by Deathon6

I found this hard drive on Best Buy.

This is what the description says. (I've underlined and bold the important part.)

Make extra copies of all your files with this Seagate Backup Plus hub. It has 4TB of storage capacity to hold years of pictures and videos or extensive digital entertainment libraries. This Seagate Backup Plus hub includes two USB ports and is compatible with multiple devices and platforms for cross-functional storage.

So does that mean I can connect it to a router making it a network drive for sharing it with multiple computers and plug my ps4 into it via one of the available usb slots on the drive?