How hard is the platinum?

6 hours ago, Maayz17 said:

I meant 7/10 because it would be a lot more grindy to get 3 million credits and winning the championships and doing online tracks without skipping some races. If a game has a lot of grind I give it a higher score.

The grind still wouldn’t be that long and grind doesn’t make a game harder just longer so again it’s laughable that you think this is a 7/10 difficulty.

• Like 2

On 09/12/2019 at 1:30 AM, rolltideroll157 said:

Lol it is nowhere near 7/10 without those features. On the easiest difficulty setting the AI is basically retarded so in 99% of your races you will win while being 10-15 seconds ahead of the rest. So even without rewind and retire from the race this game is still only 3 or 4/ 10 difficulty no more than that at all.

Exactly right. In fact I turned off rewind because this gives me a 30% race bonus. Not much, but it all adds up.

And I reckon "Retire from race" should only be used in the end game. Since you have to drive 300 miles anyway, it feels like a pointless waste of time. You may as well do the races and use this option to grind XP and Cr once you've racked up the 300, Once you've upgraded a bike, the 250 races are pretty easy to win.

The only trouble I'm having is getting the 10 Holeshots (on 9 now), but  I'm combining this with "You're one of the family". It's tricky getting Holeshots from trap 22, but I've found that using Realistic/Short makes it a tad easier. There's short track called "Easy Holeshot" online, so I set up up a full custom Championship using only that track. You'll probably only need to do 3 laps in Qualifying to set an unbeatable time, then you can quit to pit and forward time. This will allow you to choose your trap; I tend to use #3. Once the race starts if you mess up and don't make the corner first, just pause and Restart.

Playing a Championship means youi can plough through 9 custom tracks, hopefuly make headway on the Hotshots trophy and rack up much needed XP/Cr when you win it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Xemik said:

Exactly right. In fact I turned off rewind because this gives me a 30% race bonus. Not much, but it all adds up.

And I reckon "Retire from race" should only be used in the end game. Since you have to drive 300 miles anyway, it feels like a pointless waste of time. You may as well do the races and use this option to grind XP and Cr once you've racked up the 300, Once you've upgraded a bike, the 250 races are pretty easy to win.

The only trouble I'm having is getting the 10 Holeshots (on 9 now), but  I'm combining this with "You're one of the family". It's tricky getting Holeshots from trap 22, but I've found that using Realistic/Short makes it a tad easier. There's short track called "Easy Holeshot" online, so I set up up a full custom Championship using only that track. You'll probably only need to do 3 laps in Qualifying to set an unbeatable time, then you can quit to pit and forward time. This will allow you to choose your trap; I tend to use #3. Once the race starts if you mess up and don't make the corner first, just pause and Restart.

Playing a Championship means youi can plough through 9 custom tracks, hopefuly make headway on the Hotshots trophy and rack up much needed XP/Cr when you win it.

I agree, but I still think it's faster if you use retire from race to win the championships and choose a good online track to grind the 300 miles trophy. I did it this way.

I used an online one called "killer track" with the 450 bike. It is really just straight lines that cover most of the stadium and it gives you a lot of mileage so it's better than to keep reloading the official tracks. I turned on the semi-pro setting because it sets a qualifying session that lasts 20 minutes.

As for the difficulty, like I said, I think it would be a lot grindier without the retire from race mechanic as one would either have to play on the hardest setting to get more prestige and money, or to play a LOT of races on the easiest setting. And many people are just terrible at racing games, myself included, so it would be not necessarily more difficult, but more frustating.

Ok, I agree. It really wouldn't make it more difficult, but as I said, I considered the grind when coming up with that number, but at the end of the day it's arbitrary. If you only consider how difficult it is to win a race I would give it a 3/10.

19 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

The grind still wouldn’t be that long and grind doesn’t make a game harder just longer so again it’s laughable that you think this is a 7/10 difficulty.

Ok, I agree. It really wouldn't make it more difficult, but as I said, I considered the grind when coming up with that number, but at the end of the day it's arbitrary. If you only consider how difficult it is to win a race I would give it a 3/10.

I should have been more clear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maayz17 said:

I agree, but I still think it's faster if you use retire from race to win the championships and choose a good online track to grind the 300 miles trophy. I did it this way.

You may be right, but I chose my approach to hopefully limit the amount of grinding I'd have to do. Besides, I quite enjoyed the game (in short bursts) and playing the championships was great respite from the boredom of racing the same track over and over. ;)

I used an online one called "killer track" with the 450 bike. It is really just straight lines that cover most of the stadium and it gives you a lot of mileage so it's better than to keep reloading the official tracks. I turned on the semi-pro setting because it sets a qualifying session that lasts 20 minutes.

I'll look that one up, thanks. I only have the money and miles to do now. I actually meant Semi-pro when I stated Realistic since the former only has qualifying.

One reason I set up a custom championship was because I didn't need to reload the track manually after each race and, as I said, I got a tidy little bonus after I'd won it.

As for the difficulty, like I said, I think it would be a lot grindier without the retire from race mechanic as one would either have to play on the hardest setting to get more prestige and money, or to play a LOT of races on the easiest setting. And many people are just terrible at racing games, myself included, so it would be not necessarily more difficult, but more frustating.

I played all the championships to score the mileage, because Prestige is unlikely to be a grind. I'm at level 124 with 500,000 SX Cr to go and just under 100 miles. I figured once I got the miles done, if would use the Retire option with all Realistic settings to grind the cash if I hadn't hit it already.

• Like 1

For the mileage grind, I just did a Time Attack on a rectangular track. You have unlimited time, and the trophy will pop immediately. One thing to keep in mind however, is the mileage won't update your stats until you quit the Time Attack. I bring this up, because when I did this, the game crashed on me at some point after I passed 300 miles. I got the trophies, but when the game restarted, I still only had 100 miles. But it's an option if you don't want to grind out races if you already have SX/Prestige needed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Xemik said:

That's great, but you do know it's currently free with PS Plus, right?

Yes but I don’t feel like spending money for PlayStation Plus and I know the 14 day free trial exists but I want to play the game in my own time and not be pressured by a time limit.

Edited by BrettyBoy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

Yes but I don’t feel like spending money for PlayStation Plus and I know the 14 day free trial exists but I want to play the game in my own time and not be pressured by a time limit.

Ok, fair enough, but depending how much it's going to cost, you might be better off being given PS Plus as a gift instead. ;) A word of caution though. Nobody is playing multiplayer, but if you want the plat' you will need to download custom tracks. I don't know if this requires PS+, so you might want to check this.

Also, I believe this is included in PS Now, too, so I reckon it's a bit of a cheek including it in PS+.

Anyway, I would never have bought this, but I did enjoy it; made a nice change to my usual games.

• Like 2

On 20/12/2019 at 9:03 AM, Xemik said:

Ok, fair enough, but depending how much it's going to cost, you might be better off being given PS Plus as a gift instead. ;) A word of caution though. Nobody is playing multiplayer, but if you want the plat' you will need to download custom tracks. I don't know if this requires PS+, so you might want to check this.

Also, I believe this is included in PS Now, too, so I reckon it's a bit of a cheek including it in PS+.

Anyway, I would never have bought this, but I did enjoy it; made a nice change to my usual games.

Downloading the game right now since I have temp PlayStation Plus just to get the online trophies out the road.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

2 or 3 out of 10 difficulty wise. Very easy. But the only reason I played/platinumed it is because my nephew started it on my main account and earned a trophy so my OCD kicked in. Game was garbage and I'd rather play something actually fun lmao