What are your 5 favorite plats from 2019?

iGGTheEnd

I didn't play many games released this year but shout out to AI: The Somnium Files for being great and proving Uchikoshi still has it.

And despite being released in 2012 on PC, The House in Fata Morgana finally released on PS4 and Vita this year and it's the most perfect visual novel ever and you all need to read it.

• Like 1

1. Dragon Quest XI

2. Tales of Vesperia

3. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

4. Prey

5. Assassin’s Creed Origins

I won’t be getting anymore platinums this year that can top these. Great games!

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

•  RE2 remake  - First scary game plat I manage.
  •  Days Gone - Really enjoyed this one despite it having some issues.
  •  Death Stranding - Odd/Mysterious game, didn't become boring to me.
  •  Borderlands 3 - Well it's Borderlands, and I love the series.
  •  Sekiro - Just as with Borderlands, I'm a huge FromSoft fan. Along with RE2 I both platted and 100% steam for these games.

Main reason for these 5 to be top is because the trophy lists never became a chore to me, you all know when you're really fed up with the game and just grinding out the final trophies.

Few honorable mentions which could probably have made the list:

• Control
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Judgment
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen order

As you can see from the list I'm really satisfied with the games of 2019. Even tho this year didn't have any RDR2 or God of War levels of game, we still got alot of top games in my eyes. However my body is oh so ready for 2020 with TLoU 2, FF7, Cyberpunk, Persona 5R, (most likely RE3 remake too from the PSN leak earlier this week.) And this list is still only the first half, and I might have forgotten some of the top of my head.

Edited by Misshandlad
  • Like 2

As a guy who only started trophy hunting two years ago, and want to complete all the old gems, most of my list are games from way back.

Easily the two games ive had the most fun getting a plat from this year are:

Almighty Skyrim and Beat Saber. Skyrim was a blast that ive tried a few times years ago, but never gotten into until now. Beat Saber on the other hand is a game I nearly couldnt wait for, and I was so excited to finally play it, that ive got a lot of the top 5 first trophies from it.

Other than those two, the three other favorites ive chosen are:

The first God of War, ps3 edition. Platted the ps4 one, and just had to do the rest of the series, but only gotten the first and ascension so far.

Call of duty Modern Warfare (2019). This had to be my 50th plat as ive always loved cod (until recent years), especially modern warfare. Mw3 was the game I got my first trophy from, so this had to be something special. Also really enjoyed the campaign, even though it was a bit short.

Last but certainly not least, Sly 3: honor among thieves. This is also a special game for me, as it was one of the only games me and my mate played on the ps2 waaaay back, and I just had to revisit and plat the whole series.

• Like 3

I've been trophy hunting for 3 & a half years now & I'd have to say this was my favorite year in terms of the games I've platinumed. My list is in particular order of my favorites.

Borderlands 3
1Lb3fb02.png 

Platinum Obtained October 5th 2019 4:09am

Absolutely loved this game. Aside from a few bugs & glitches when it came to the gameplay, there wasn't really anything wrong with my experience. I was one of the lucky few who didn't encounter any of the glitched trophies before they were patched as I played Day 1. The closest thing was the Eridian Slabs being miss counted but there was a fix for it so it wasn't a big deal. Highly recommend this any for anyone as the platinum isn't too difficult & it's extremely fun.

Persona 4 Golden

1L03861e.png

Platinum Obtained August 16th 2019 2:33pm

I'm a huge fan of Persona & was saving this for my 150th platinum since Persona 5 was my 50th. This game is an absolute masterpiece in terms of story & characters. The gameplay when it comes to the dungeons is a bit bland but it was a PS2 game originally so I can give that a pass. Easily one of my favorite platinums this year and highly recommend to any JRPG fans. Bought a PS Vita solely to play this game & I don't regret it one bit.

Superhot VR

1Lc25097.png
Platinum Obtained November 22nd 2019 11:33pm

My very first platinum under 1% on PSNProfiles & I'm super proud of it. I'm overweight so moving around & being active is quite the chore, which this game REALLY wants you to do. I say anyone can platinum this game with some time & practice if a fat man such as myself can get this platinum. Not only that, but you feel like such a badass playing this game just moving around & shooting faceless dudes in slow motion in the comfort of your living room.

Resident Evil 2

1L51af80.png
Platinum Obtained February 11th 2019 1:08pm 

I never played a lot of the original Resident Evil 2 on PS1, only got to about the gun store which is the start of the game. I just couldn't get used to the tank controls so I was so happy when they announced a remake & oh my god it did not disappoint. The platinum is so much easier than the other Resident Evil games which is kind of a shame however the game is so much better than the others in my opinion. I can't wait until they remake Resident Evil 3 as well as I'd like to experience that one as well as I've never played that one.

Kingdom Hearts 3

1L773d3c.png

Platinum Obtained February 6th 2019 11:15am

My game of the year. I'm an extreme Kingdom Hearts fan as it's one of my favorite series of all time. This game was worth the wait in my opinion. There was still a bunch of stuff I would have liked to see that I won't get into however. My only real issue with the game was how easy it was, overall & for the platinum. Even playing on Standard, which is my starting difficulty for all Kingdom Hearts games, I had never died once & have only gotten close maybe 3 or 4 times. As for the platinum you don't ever need to go into proud difficulty so the entire platinum can be obtained on Beginner difficulty, making the game even easier. With all that out of the way however, the game was still amazing & I can't wait for the Re:Mind DLC to drop.

• Like 3

I find this thread really nice, brings me back memories from this year. I've earned 20 platinums in 2019 with plans to make it to 21.
My list is probably gonna be a little uncommon to some people.
in order of earning them:
Mortal Kombat X(L) - with fighting games being my favorite genre I gotta admit that I rarely played Mortal Kombat in my life except the first 3 games and a bit of ninth. However I found XL sooo good that I needed to platinum it. I'm not really into platinums longer than 40 hours because I get bored real quick but I never felt boredom playing this one. The whole game is amazing, feels really smooth and probably is one of my favorite fighting games right now. Also fatalities are enjoyable and it's probably my favorite roster of characters in the series (extra points to XL for having Alien and Predator - I really needed them in a fighting game)

Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood - A bundle of two Castlevania games considered to be in a group of the best in the series. Before I only played Castlevania on Gameboy Advance but I never finished it as I didn't like the Metroidvania gameplay back in the day. After I played these two, I probably fell in love with the series and genre and I'm really looking forward to play more Metroidvanias. If you never played these games and like Metroidvania then please do yourself a favor and buy this bundle - I promise you will enjoy it.

Late Shift - I really enjoyed platinuming Night Trap and was looking forward to play this game. I was really surprised how much I have enjoyed it. Honestly I've did all the choices just to see the scenes and platinum was a nice addition. Planning to buy the second stack.

The Surge - Thanks to Playstation Plus (well; I bought Agumented Edition because I had the game from playstation plus anyway. I wanted to enjoy it with the dlcs from the start which happened to be a nice idea since the second dlc gives you possibility to fast travel and both dlcs make your life easier.) it was my first soulslike game and I really loved it. Can't wait to buy the second one with the season pass and to try out other soulslike games.

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel - Originally I've bought the game becuase It had Big Boi and B.o.B in it. It turned out to be one of my favorite games ever that reminded me of another game that I love (50 Cent: Blood on the Sand) and It still makes me sad that EA killed the series. This type of gameplay is something I don't see often in video games and it's kinda bummer 

• Like 3

1. God of War (2018) - Father and Son

1L13ff8b.png

The best of the entire series I have ever played. A fun fact, this is the 10th platinum I've had, and it occurred in October 10 at 10 A.M.

2. God of War III - King of the Hill

1La1bc76.png

After two long years of hiatus into this game, I've decided to dig its watery grave for the platinum, once again.

3. Marvel's Spider-Man - Be Greater

1La2014d.png

Exciting and exhilarating game to be platinumed, though the 100% might take a little time.

4. Plague Inc. Evolved - Fully Evolved

1Lcd51a0.png

After 100% Plague Inc. on Steam, it was time for me to play this version plat it, and I did! The :gold: Scenario Master trophy was the last to be obtained, thanks to the pesky Mad Cow Disease scenario, and through luck, I've finally won it, and it was worth the 30 attempts. Man, the first time I touched this game was the mobile version, then my friend recommended me to play this game, and that's how I touched in the PS4 version, as well.

5. Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter - Life of a Consulting Detective

1L75ed0b.png

Not a bad game to plat, albeit there are some missable parts, which includes the puzzle scenarios.

35 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

I've been trophy hunting for 3 & a half years now & I'd have to say this was my favorite year in terms of the games I've platinumed. My list is in particular order of my favorites.

Borderlands 3
1Lb3fb02.png 

Persona 4 Golden

1L03861e.png

Superhot VR

1Lc25097.png

Resident Evil 2

1L51af80.png

Kingdom Hearts 3

1L773d3c.png

Very nice ones there I just busted out my VR again this weekend and have been looking to start Superhot VR,  I still need to get around to RE2 the disc has been in my ps4 since it was released.  I also bought a Vita a couple of months ago for Persona 4 but just haven't gotten around to starting it yet.

• Like 1

For plats that I earned in 2019, my list would have to be

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Spider-man

Honorable Mentions

• The Division
  • Transistor
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
  • Minit
Edited by spacey_dweeb
  • Like 2

I'd love to name only games that have released this year, but doing something like prioritizing backlog limits experiencing recently released games around the time they release.

That said, I've had multiple unexpected quality over quantity game experiences this year. My mostly undoubted top 5 favorite platinums of 2019 are:

1.  1L6e1515.png or 1La3bd5d.png

The Long Walk                                        The Final Season

(The Walking Dead Collection)              (The Walking Dead: The Final Season)

The reasoning behind why it's a tie between these two games is slightly complicated but reasonable. The games compliment each other and come together to make a whole, in short. In a slightly more developed explanation, I wouldn't have appreciated TFS to its fullest if I hadn't revisited the main character Clementine's origin via the collection (the first release, not the second and new definitive release) first. Too much information and details had been forgotten across all seasons, even with the fairly good integrated recap in TFS of everything that's happened so far up to its point. So... if I were to have listed TFS without TWDC, it'd have felt incomplete and thus wrong.

2. 1L836de7.png

The Legend Begins

(GOD EATER RESURRECTION)

3. 1Ld10ba1.png

Halls of Valhalla

(Mad Max)

4. 1L891f42.png

Gnasty's Demise

(Spyro the Dragon)

5. 1L7e8de1.png

GRIP Legend

(GRIP: Combat Racing)

Deciding on this as the 5th one was actually a tough decision that I wasn't expecting; I didn't expect this game to make top 5 initially. This essentially stole "Teamwork Makes the Dream Work" (1S853e91.png) place because of the arduous carkour challenges and the developers actually listening to the fans by changing/toning down (multiple) grind based trophy requirements for being way too demanding upon launch (which I respect highly, as it's stupid rare for developers to actually make any changes to trophy requirements, and will both remember and use as a point of reference).

This list would have been excruciatingly harder to make if I had played many of the quality games that released this year, multiple of which are currently in my backlog.

Honorable mention (limited, because I still don't like the concept of being able to essentially bypass the established numerical restrictions by listing more answers past it): 

1L2e73ff.png

Master of Tomb Raider: Underworld

Edited by EcoShifter

This was my second year of trophy hunting and definitely wasn't as good as the first in terms of games, but there were a few highlights:

Death Mark - A very creepy and atmospheric little game with excellent sound design. I received it as a Christmas gift and completed it on New Year's Day. 

Collar X Malice - A darker Otome with a surprisingly well constructed plot and interesting villains. Loved all the characters and twists. 

Subnautica - Most underrated horror game of all time. I'm absolutely terrified of Leviathans and had to force myself to go back to the Aurora or search for schematics in the Dunes and spent forever expanding and decorating my base just to put off doing it. Finally getting the platinum actually felt like an achievement. 

Resident Evil 7 - Despite dreading the no item box speedrun I found it to be fun, and Madhouse wasn't difficult at all with the circular saw. First Resident Evil platinum.  

Slime Rancher - Ridiculously cute and wholesome game. Played it to relax after getting the Hard Mode trophy for Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and I was a little sad when I finally reached the end because it was so nice compared to the grim and disturbing games I usually play. 

Have to go with top 4 since I've only earned 4 this year.

1. The Witcher III - Not only is it my favourite game, the plat is an arse kicker that is so satisfying to earn.

2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Awesome game and the plat is a lot of fun.

3. The Sinking City - Any game with a trophy that gets you to put shit on the KKK is a winner in my book.

4. Prototype 2 - This is only here because I wanted to be close to the specified number of plats in the OP. Fuck this game, it's just shit.

• Like 1

In order of unlocked it goes this:

15th Jan 2019 Dishonored PS3

Lfdd582.png

Early this year i was searching for a good choice for :platinum: #225 and i remembered how much fun i had sneaking around the city of Dunwall so i booted it up again, played 3 times through the campaign and got the :platinum: ... i do prefer stealth and low chaos playthrough over kill offensive and high chaos but while i played the first on high difficulty, i got the second on easy difficulty...

21st Feb 2019 Assassin's Creed Chronicles Vita

Lcb9014.png

This was quite a surprise but when i read that there's a 2D title of Assassin's Creed i jumped in right away and it played really well. High emphasis on stealth as a puzzle as of limited possibilities to go through a level. It relates to real world history events and mixes them up with their own interpretation as usual and i laughed the most over the Russian Part as i knew the most of the real events compared to China and India... :D

25h Apr 2019 Ratchet & Clank PS4

L800d7e.png

I had played Ratchet 1-3 for a bit each on PS2 and i was curious how the reboot would be and i think they made a good game. Jumping around this world was fun, the story felt a bit weird though (Ratchet & Clank meet and are best friends right on spot?!) but the best in this game (and the entire franchise too) are the crazy weapons. Have you ever seen a game in which you shoot a disco ball at an enemy to make it dance? Even a big robot boss? Well then go play Ratchet & Clank PS4 right away :D

13th Oct 2019 Steins;Gate 0

Le8d369.png

I had high expectations starting this one and oh boy it is brilliant. I was happy and sad many times when the story goes around the earlier title (Steins;Gate) and i am totally amazed how well they include science and sci-fi for this VN. Pls give us more for the Vita and not just PS4...

12th Nov 2019 Unravel 2

Le5bb8a.png

First i was disappointed that there's only local coop and i played it through Shareplay with a friend but we loved it. It looks beautiful. 2D Platformer with puzzles. All puzzles weren't too difficult though. What scared me for a while are the speedrun trophies for completing mission 2 to 7 and all bonus episodes (1-20). It took several hours especially for mission 2 and i called in another friend via shareplay to help me but in the end we made it. This is the proudest :platinum: i got this year :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2