Campaign trophies not unlocking and missions not appearing in Mission Select during first Veteran playthrough.

So far I'm halfway in "Exodus" in Act 2. I've just completed "The Hornet's Nest" on Veteran and I've not had the "Turistas" trophy unlock for beating both "Takedown" and "The Hornet's Nest" on Veteran yet. I'm also sure I've killed more than 7 chickens in less than 10 seconds, and the "Colonel Sanderson" trophy hasn't popped either (no matter, I'll probably come back for it when I clean up the Intel and mission related trophies). Another thing is that once I select "Resume Game" on the Campaign menu, it puts me into "Exodus" as expected, but once I go to "Mission Select", only 3 missions of Act 1 are available, with Cliffhanger not marked as complete. Here's a video to better explain the campaign glitch.

Has anyone else come across this issue, and if so how did you manage to fix it if you could? I've tried turning my PS3 on and off again, ejecting the disc, quitting the game and booting back up, logging out etc.

Edited by frontzie
Typo in title

It sounds to me like you have a bad disc that isn't reading properly but before getting a replacement, have you tried deleting and reinstalling the patch?

The only time I've heard of trophies glitching in this game, was a brief period after it first launched and patch screwed up the trophy unlocks so nothing popped but that was fixed a few days later with another patch.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Just now, HuntingFever said:

It sounds to me like you have a bad disc that isn't reading properly but before getting a replacement, have you tried deleting and reinstalling the patch?

I've tried that deleting the patch and retrying, I doubt it's a bad disc as it's a copy I picked up new, and I take care of my games. This is a console I have repaired (HDMI port replacement), but I don't think that that would be linked with a game glitch?

1 minute ago, frontzie said:

I've tried that deleting the patch and retrying, I doubt it's a bad disc as it's a copy I picked up new, and I take care of my games. This is a console I have repaired (HDMI port replacement), but I don't think that that would be linked with a game glitch?

Even brand new games can have issues if the disc isn't manufactured correctly. As for the HDMI Port repair causing the problem, it's possible but extremely unlikely. Another thing you can try is entering safe mode and running through the file system and database repair options in case your hard drive has some bad data buried somewhere on it.

I brought the internal hard drive into work and did some scans, had quite a few read and write errors which I believe could have caused the corrupt gamesave. I've replaced with my spare PS4 Slim drive, and currently starting from the beginning, will update this if I come across any other faults.

EDIT: Well, looks like it was the hard drive failing causing glitches. Managed to unlock the trophies.

Edited by frontzie
see edit
  • Like 1