How much people from The Hitman community didn't love absolution

shai_sr12345

Hi everyone. 

In the last few days i decided after getting my new physical copy of hitman absolution on the ps3 becouse my copy was somehow destroyed and play and complete the missings trophies (even though i will not get the platinum becouse the co op service shut down and that are 8 missing trophies to complete that i will never get). 

I started to see how much i liked the hitman absolution game and the whole plot point and everything about it the setting, characters, mission and etc it was special game for me to try when i first play this for the first game in the series that i was playing in that time. 

After that i was continued to the next games in the series thouse are hitman 2016 & Hitman2. 

But what I want to know it's not the first time that I hear that from certain people that hitman absolution is a forgotten title and forgotten entery in the series becouse somehow the game is super worse in the perpose of hitman game. 

Tell me if i wrong but what is in absolution that is not presents a hitman title because I don't find answers for that. 

I know that the series have 4 games before the absolution title (the 4 games are codename 47, hitman 2 silent assassin, hitman contracts and hitman blood money) but never played them I going soon to try and get the trilogy version to the ps3 and play the silent assassin, blood money and contracts probably soon

Hope to get answers for the questions 

• 9 months later...

Hey, 

As some one that had only just got into the Hitman series the hate I see directed towards absolution was "it wasn't a Hitman game". 

Meaning people didn't agree with 47's actions, they didn't think the level design was open like other hitman games but too linear and the mechanics were to gamey? I. E locking onto enemies and killing them with an ability. 

I'm about to play for the first time myself, Hitman or not the environment details in this game were ahead of its time. I'm excited to play it. 

It was actually my first Hitman game, so I had a weird intro to the series. I get why people shit on it. It was more story based, the levels are definitely smaller and more linear, and the game became more stealth-based then assassination based. But the game is really fun in the parts where you're in a small level in which you have to assassinate someone. The game is a bit boring when you're simply traversing and stealthing around.

• 8 months later...

Game is super frustrating to play on hard the first time. Enemies have hawk eye vision and when disguises don’t hide you, its extremely frustrating. When you throw things to distract, freaking everyone hears it, its a joke. The qte fights are absolutely horrible because you have zero time to react (needed for a challenge). Its also very hard or impossible or super tedious to kill a target without being seen. You want to kill a target in a cool way? You can but an npc will see it and theres no way out of that unless you lose points. Basically all this equals to a lot of game overs and the fact there is few checkpoints makes you almost quit the game.