EsperKinAaron

BGM Trophy Locked?

13 posts in this topic

I'm looking to finish the BGM collection in the gallery, but I'm missing three songs. I have the original copy of the game, before the "complete" edition. 

Two of these are from the classic DLC battles, but I'm missing one under "London March", in BGM gallery menu. Does anyone know which one that is? Also, now that the two classic outfit related songs are part of the 100% completion, does that make the gallery trophy DLC locked? Thanks for any replies. 

Unfortunately, yes. :(

While updating the game, SNK had to update the conditions for certain trophies to make use of DLC, which sadly means that DLC is required to unlock the trophy for completing the gallery, therefore increasing the amount of work needed to unlock the platinum trophy.

As for the song under "London March", I will have to load the game up again and double check, but IIRC, it's probably one of the theme songs for the second wave of DLC characters (Oswald, Heidern, Najd, and Blue Mary).

16 hours ago, Mikel said:

While updating the game, SNK had to update the conditions for certain trophies to make use of DLC, which sadly means that DLC is required to unlock the trophy for completing the gallery, therefore increasing the amount of work needed to unlock the platinum trophy.

As for the song under "London March", I will have to load the game up again and double check, but IIRC, it's probably one of the theme songs for the second wave of DLC characters (Oswald, Heidern, Najd, and Blue Mary).

I think I checked for all the DLC character songs, but it doesn't matter either way. I wouldn't buy the costumes just for a trophy. >.<''

Thank you for replying. I thought this post got lost in cyberspace. 

Absolute piss move. If i knew this i would never start it! 

What are the chances of dlc going on sake. SNK really lost for me here. And ive been quite supporting through the years 

Edited by Vergil

21 hours ago, Mikel said:

2 hours ago, Vergil said:

Absolute piss move. If i knew this i would never start it! 

What are the chances of dlc going on sake. SNK really lost for me here. And ive been quite supporting through the years 

Would downgrading the game's patch not work for this? The guide doesn't indicate that it is an online trophy so I'd think that downgrading to a version where DLC isn't required would likely remove the requirement for owning DLC.

I guess you can try this out for KOF XIV and confirm it @Vergil at least it will save you needing to buy the DLC if it works.

Edited by Sergen

If I'm not wrong, you don't actually need to own the DLC, you just need to fight a match with someone with the dlc costume on. 

That's because those gallery things unlock online as well. 

I could help, but I'm not sure if I will be around my ps4 during Saturday (that's the only day that I have access to it most of the time). But if you want to try, drop me a message / Friend Request on psn stating this trophy/game. 

It wouldn't take to long to play 2 matches, and I think that I have the game and dlc installed, since I did went back to it 2 weeks ago. 

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

Would downgrading the game's patch not work for this? The guide doesn't indicate that it is an online trophy so I'd think that downgrading to a version where DLC isn't required would likely remove the requirement for owning DLC.

I guess you can try this out for KOF XIV and confirm it @Vergil at least it will save you needing to buy the DLC if it works.

Thanks. 

I could try it. However im not so good with those sort of things. So it probably wouldn't happen right away. But if i manage it i will definitely post back here. 

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

If I'm not wrong, you don't actually need to own the DLC, you just need to fight a match with someone with the dlc costume on. 

That's because those gallery things unlock online as well. 

I could help, but I'm not sure if I will be around my ps4 during Saturday (that's the only day that I have access to it most of the time). But if you want to try, drop me a message / Friend Request on psn stating this trophy/game. 

It wouldn't take to long to play 2 matches, and I think that I have the game and dlc installed, since I did went back to it 2 weeks ago. 

Is it just against Kyo Iori then you need to fight? 

16 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Is it just against Kyo Iori then you need to fight? 

I don't think so. 

Anyway, after looking further, this is what's needed:

- A Kiss for Geese, Cyber Edit: Ryo vs. Geese (Added in Version 2.00)

- Pasta: Andy vs. Tung (Added in Version 2.00)

- London March: Billy vs. Hein (Added in Version 2.00)

The only that requires Iori and Kyo, look like it requires both to be in Classic costume in the same match, according to this https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/181157-the-king-of-fighters-xiv/76539058

But I was quite sure that it only required to fight against one in the classic costume. 

19 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I don't think so. 

Anyway, after looking further, this is what's needed:

- A Kiss for Geese, Cyber Edit: Ryo vs. Geese (Added in Version 2.00)

- Pasta: Andy vs. Tung (Added in Version 2.00)

- London March: Billy vs. Hein (Added in Version 2.00)

The only that requires Iori and Kyo, look like it requires both to be in Classic costume in the same match, according to this https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/181157-the-king-of-fighters-xiv/76539058

But I was quite sure that it only required to fight against one in the classic costume. 

So Technically the above fights you could just boost with someone. And for the Kyo vs Iori you would need to buy the costumes. Or at least one while the other player has one as well 

Edit: ok. You would still need to buy that pack since Heid is dlc character... 

Edit 2: sorry for all silly questions, 

Edited by Vergil

14 minutes ago, Vergil said:

So Technically the above fights you could just boost with someone. And for the Kyo vs Iori you would need to buy the costumes. Or at least one while the other player has one as well 

Edit: ok. You would still need to buy that pack since Heid is dlc character... 

Edit 2: sorry for all silly questions, 

Ya, probably. 

But if you want to try to boost it before buying the dlc, let me know and we may find a time to try it. 

19 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ya, probably. 

But if you want to try to boost it before buying the dlc, let me know and we may find a time to try it.

Sure that would be great if you have the time. 

I can only play late hours. Like after 9pm gmt 

Edited by Vergil

4 hours ago, Vergil said:

Sure that would be great if you have the time. 

I can only play late hours. Like after 9pm gmt 

Ok, I will message you on psn after I get off work, to schedule a time to boost.