Anyone get a Festive email?

SadisticSymphony

For me it works thank you for that!

Didn´t understand your description of the method at all, so I Googled a bit About showing emails in plain text. For Gmal it´s possible Right between the "Reply button" with the 3 dots. You can Show the email in plain text and search for Base 64 for the passage he mentioned in the first post.

Hope this helps a bit more!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inuty said:

Didn´t understand your description of the method at all, so I Googled a bit About showing emails in plain text. For Gmal it´s possible Right between the "Reply button" with the 3 dots. You can Show the email in plain text and search for Base 64 for the passage he mentioned in the first post.

Yeah apologies, I was kinda excited typing it out lol

I'm not sure what the criteria are for sending out an email, could be random, could be based on how much you've spent over a period of time, could be how long you've been a subscriber to PS+ etc loads of possibilities - If we assume the distribution list is based off email addresses attached to PS+ subs - They have over 30 million subscribers, which likely means they are sending them out in batches via an auto-mailer to registered email addresses based on a specific distribution list.

So if you haven't received one you either don't meet the offer criteria (whatever that is), your email address isn't updated on your account and it got sent to an old address, or you will be included in an upcoming batch of email distribution.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

Just now, Helyx said:

That doesn't fit the twelve character formatting though, so it wont work.

No, you're right, the word redacted basically means "to cover text" so I've used that word in place of the codes I received, :D otherwise people would snatch them

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

That doesn't fit the twelve character formatting though, so it wont work.

And FYI, the discount codes are 10 characters

1 hour ago, Inuty said:

Thank you for this! Turns out I have a couple of hidden codes afterall! I'm guessing 10% and 20% (the first two), but it doesn't actually say.. The third shows 'None Available'.

Considering I've never gotten an email like that and I have multiple accounts since 2010, this shit is probably Ps Plus exclusive or something, they don't bother telling us the criteria obviously because Sony... You have to decode base 64 to get hidden codes and this isn't the first time this is happening either, if this doesn't tell you what a half assed """"feature"""" this is idk what will.

2 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

So another one of these ridiculous emails that have a code but won’t show it when viewing in HTML. Time to go turn my PC on and see if I got a code.

Yep, was hoping the hassle I went through with the last ones for the Summer Sale was a mistake and wouldnt have to be done again (even though I gave the code away on here) but yet again Sony cannot just put the codes in the email for viewing via HTML and I'm not sure how to find the code via Hotmail/Outlook without jumping through hoops and downloading other software.

Edited by Martain2