SecondGenesis

Anyone get a Festive email?

166 posts in this topic

I'm struggling to work out how to view the codes via hotmail/outlook? what have others used? Is there a specific part of the code I need to be looking t and how is it identifiable for someone not familiar with code? 

Edited by gazdavis11

2 hours ago, gazdavis11 said:

I'm struggling to work out how to view the codes via hotmail/outlook? what have others used? Is there a specific part of the code I need to be looking t and how is it identifiable for someone not familiar with code? 

Can't help for Hotmail. To see the message in plain text (gmail) with Chrome I press CTRL + U or, better, open the email - look right side of the screen - press the 3 dots - click show original

Edit: try if these can help

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/read-email-messages-in-plain-text-16dfe54a-fadc-4261-b2ce-19ad072ed7e3

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/view-e-mail-message-plain-text-microsoft-outlook-2016

Edited by X_Wizi_X

55 minutes ago, X_Wizi_X said:

Can't help for Hotmail. To see the message in plain text (gmail) with Chrome I press CTRL + U or, better, open the email - look right side of the screen - press the 3 dots - click show original

Edit: try if these can help

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/read-email-messages-in-plain-text-16dfe54a-fadc-4261-b2ce-19ad072ed7e3

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/view-e-mail-message-plain-text-microsoft-outlook-2016

Could i forward the email to a Gmail account? Would that work?

10 minutes ago, gazdavis11 said:

Try this if it does work

https://www.techjunkie.com/forward-hotmail-to-gmail/

I don't know much about Hotmail, but I use the forward option with a local email provider (alice) to receive all those (secondary account) mails with my main gmail account.

However, when I created my psn account I used a not-gmail email. Months after, I created a gmail account and went into ps4 settings to change it

24 minutes ago, gazdavis11 said:

You can just send the e-mail to your Gmail account and that will work just fine.

However, you can also view the source via Outlook.com - open the e-mail, click the ". . ." and then choose "Show source of the message" (or something like that, I use different language).

2 minutes ago, HusKy said:

You can just send the e-mail to your Gmail account and that will work just fine.

However, you can also view the source via Outlook.com - open the e-mail, click the ". . ." and then choose "Show source of the message" (or something like that, I use different language).

Within the code what should I be looking out for? 

10 minutes ago, HusKy said:

It doesn't work. I tried to decode the mail for my friends yesterday by having them send me their mails, but when I tried to view the source of the mail, I couldn't find the base-64 encrypted wall-of-text. Had to teach them how to do it themselves. Ain't that right, @APCGrayLocked? 😂

20 minutes ago, gazdavis11 said:

Within the code what should I be looking out for? 

When you look at the source code find the big wall of text that is after 'base 64', copy that into this website https://www.base64decode.org/ and you should find a discount code/s if there is one in it.

22 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Thank you for this, think i've managed to find my codes using this method.

Edited by Martain2

No codes for me are showing, but i'm like fuck it let me call them. And i showed them my email and they going to solve the issue asap. I told them a friend of mine had a 30% code, witch he did actually. I said to them i have my rights to get a code also.

The second line of text is saying:

Especially for you

But wait, TazDevilz1986. There is more! This Christmas you can expand your collection at a great price! Make the holidays even more fun with this special gift: save on the items in your PS Store shopping cart. Use your personal code when paying. Valid until 12/19/2019 11:59 PM GMT.

So i replied back to the email they sended me with screenshots and stuff and the original email. If you guys don't have codes, just call them. 30% is a 30%.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

28 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

No codes for me are showing, but i'm like fuck it let me call them. And i showed them my email and they going to solve the issue asap. I told them a friend of mine had a 30% code, witch he did actually. I said to them i have my rights to get a code also.

The second line of text is saying:

Especially for you

But wait, TazDevilz1986. There is more! This Christmas you can expand your collection at a great price! Make the holidays even more fun with this special gift: save on the items in your PS Store shopping cart. Use your personal code when paying. Valid until 12/19/2019 11:59 PM GMT.

So i replied back to the email they sended me with screenshots and stuff and the original email. If you guys don't have codes, just call them. 30% is a 30%.

That's awesome mate, glad to hear you got something out of it :)

I find it so weird I never seem to get those emails, even though I’m subscribed to their emails.

1 hour ago, LupusLance34 said:

It doesn't work. I tried to decode the mail for my friends yesterday by having them send me their mails, but when I tried to view the source of the mail, I couldn't find the base-64 encrypted wall-of-text. Had to teach them how to do it themselves. Ain't that right, @APCGrayLocked1f602.png

I did 2 tests:

- Outlook.com (website) -> Gmail.com - original plain-text version was stripped and replaced with new plain-text version generated from HTML version of the email, also encoding was changed from base64 to quoted-printable

- Mail.app (macOS app connected to Outlook.com via IMAP/SMTP) -> Gmail.com - original plain-text version was stripped and replaced with new plain-text version generated from HTML version of the email, encoding kept as base64

Needless to say, it's possible to resend the e-mail but it won't work with Outlook's SMTP servers because those seem to process the e-mail and they actually change the contents. :|

11 minutes ago, The_Snooze said:

I didn't get a email. 1f641.png I hope I do at some point; I just want the free theme. 

If you have a EU account you can have my theme code as I won't use it.

i never get the emails either. doubt this is the U.S., just like the one during the summer was only for EU. i hope we get one as we haven't got any in ages. if there is a U.S. one going would someone lend theirs? i would happily put it to use. 

honestly though, since a ton of people don't get the emails they should just put one singular code for use on the playstation store like they use to some years back. it prevents head aches.

when i switched from AOL to gmail i started getting newsletters, but they have stopped coming through at some point. i have unchecked and checked the boxes and don't receive anything anymore.

1 hour ago, Martain2 said:

If you have a EU account you can have my theme code as I won't use it.

Thanks a lot. I'll make a EU account if you really don't mind giving me your code. 

18 minutes ago, The_Snooze said:

Thanks a lot. I'll make a EU account if you really don't mind giving me your code. 

Feel free, I never bother using anything except the standard themes.

Let me know when you have done it and i'll PM you

Thanks OP! Last summer I got no mail, but this time I managed to find 2 hidden discount codes 😀

Thank you @SecondGenesis, for letting us know about this!

Got the e-mail, decoded the base64 message aaaaand... nothing.

The part in question says (translated from Greek): "What would you say if we gave you something to help you grow your collection this Xmas? To celebrate the season with style, enjoy something special, for you. Save 0 (ZERO :() on items in your PS Store basket. Use your personal CODE at checkout. Valid until 19/12/2019."

At first, I thought that zero could mean nothing, since the digit in front of it might not have been decoded properly. Buuuut, I then check the code itself and it was the same one that I used to redeem the theme. Of course, I gave it a shot at checkout and, of course, it was invalid. 😂

edit: Apparently, they send me the theme code twice, albeit with slightly different message (newest one was also promoting the ongoing sale). After decoding the older one, I got the same format as @SecondGenesis. Unfortunately, it is only 10%, but, hey, it is something at least.

Edited by Deadsh0tdoubleG

I got an email with a code for the theme but even after messing around for ages trying to decode the email, I can't find any trace of a discount code :(.

I'm upset that my account didn't get the email, I'm NA... :(

12 hours ago, gazdavis11 said:

For those having trouble with outlook:

Km8d3B.jpg

Then just copy the required part and paste on

https://www.base64decode.org/

Got my email yesterday with a 10% code, got MediEvil for less than £15. When I looked into it, the email said I also had the free theme but the code was the same as the discount, weird.

''A festive gift just for you thezooniverse

Get your PS4™ looking just the part for the holidays with our specially made theme, which you can download from PS Store with your code below. 
You've got until 19/12/2019 to claim your gift so don't miss out!

LK8CCGJ9EG

How about a little something extra to help expand your collection this Christmas?
 To celebrate the season in style, enjoy a little something special just for you: save 10% on the items in your PS Store basket!  Just use your personal code LK8CCGJ9EG at the checkout. Valid until 19/12/2019''