Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KANERKB

Is survive worth playing and getting plat for.

10 posts in this topic

I picked it up due a friend going on about how we need a good co op game and he was bugging me to get this and I did afew months back and didn't play it and was just now thinking of going into it with him but my question to everyone who has the plat and or not is. Is it worth buying and if so why and if not why. Also also want to know is it possible to say go into someone's game and just get most of the trophies such as the foodie one and so on kind of like how people have minecraft maps ready to use for people who need the on a rail trophy and so on.

Only ask as if I end up playing it and enjoying it to get the plat is it possible to do that to cut time on the grind as I heard it is grindy but people say the same about 7 days to die and I found it fun and abit grindy but do able and better than people say.

Edited by KANERKB

Considering you've forfeit your immortal soul simply by purchasing this unholy soulless cash grab... I'd say no.

If you're willing to commit and put in the time, then perhaps. Just over 2% rarity so you'd have that to brag about, at least. Personally, after 10 arduous hours  I thought this game was terrible, I have it on Xbox One because I don't want this trash on my trophy list.

There are far better games to waste your time with. Consider this one a loss and move on, buddy. 

23 minutes ago, AK-1138 said:

Considering you've forfeit your immortal soul simply by purchasing this unholy soulless cash grab... I'd say no.

14 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

If you're willing to commit and put in the time, then perhaps. Just over 2% rarity so you'd have that to brag about, at least. Personally, after 10 arduous hours  I thought this game was terrible, I have it on Xbox One because I don't want this trash on my trophy list.

3 minutes ago, DreddPirateRobb said:

There are far better games to waste your time with. Consider this one a loss and move on, buddy. 

These^

This game is a rancid turd that should be avoided like the plague so trade it in and spend the money on something which is actually good and worth playing.

The start of the game will have you fooled into thinking it's a decent game. Start playing a little further & you'll realize this game is soulless & absolutely terrible. Konami has butchered the Metal Gear series with this one

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

3 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

3 hours ago, DreddPirateRobb said:

ah, I thought I ask as just wanting to know as a lot of people say homefront is crap and I liked it along with wolfenstein 2010 and even to a degree Rambo the video game even though it is dum for needing to reload ammo and so on. I also didn't really care for the metal gear series of games I only liked rising because of the gameplay and the normal series just annoys me in terms of stealth and plot.  rather splinter cell and well thought I ask about this as I liked rising a lot.

3 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

I would say I would forfeit my soul for just buying a game. I mean at least you can put it down and give it away and I only payed £1 in a charity store for it

3 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Ah, was it at all good in co op at all? as if you played it does it play well and so on?

I actually enjoyed the game up until the story was finished. With no real direction in post-game though, it got boring quickly and I gave up on the Plat. 

Person who has forfeit their soul, I guess.

My advice would be, unless you have 4 people who are devoted to mindlessly grinding one coop level on the hardest difficulty over and over again, I would suggest against starting this game. Having only 2 people is really not a good idea, and the online is dead for obvious reasons. Enemies come in such huge bulks on the hardest difficulties that they will either overwhelm you quickly, or you have to waste more resources than you obtain per game, and considering that coop is also the best place to grind for loot, well... I think you get the point.

Granted, over time, there were patches that made coop more bearable, drills can be boosted multiple times to make each wave much shorter than they were during launch and extreme difficulty exists, allowing to get larger quantities of loot, but at the same time, many videos showing how you can do this stuff solo are outdated. If I remember correctly, the last wave now destroys all defenses you've placed and gives a very short amount of time to set them up again, but once the final wave starts, tens to hundreds of enemies are dropped in quick bursts, very close to the drill, in every direction, not just preset lines that could be blocked beforehand.

Don't get me wrong, I personally enjoyed the coop in this game, I'd say it's the best thing about it. However there are only 2 game modes and only one of them is actually decent for grinding. The lack of enemy variety also kinda hurts it in the long run.

If you still feel like giving it a try and you're aware of all the grinding that you have to do both in single player and multiplayer, I can really only offer one piece of advice that hasn't been written in the trophy guide. If the grind to max out all 4 classes in the end becomes too mindnumbing, you could just log in for 5 minutes every day and let the game autocomplete the second single player base defense. All you need to do is make sure the outer perimeter is covered by fences and it should hold easily, you just have to replace them every once in a while. This needs a lot of iron and only gives 1 million xp every day (22 hours), but is low maintenance and still gets you closer to the platinum.

4 hours ago, KANERKB said:

Ah, was it at all good in co op at all? as if you played it does it play well and so on?

I had a friend with me for about half the time I played it before she gave up on it and I would have always thought she had more patience than I! Honestly, as someone who really doesn't like co-op or multiplayer outside of dicking around in older games and Borderlands, take my opinion with a grain of salt because it's obviously not my thing to be playing what I consider trash with more than one person, it was marginally better than being alone and I got a good few hours in both co-op and solo, at least enough to get enough measure of the game, not sure if the multiplayer mechanics really made much difference in the end, perhaps it made some of the waves more bearable even though it really isn't that hard and the AI is dumb as fook.