Support of console versions discontinued!

Klart

I can't believe there isn't anyone slamming them for this, they can get fucked lmao. Seems they've built enough goodwill from saying "we aren't like other developers, we'll give you this armor for free" but I guess it might be indicative of the fact no one is playing it on console, who knows. 

I don't really care that much, I just think they're getting away with murder acting like they can't support massive console install bases.

No worries, I'll buy Cyberpunk preowned now. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

I can't believe there isn't anyone slamming them for this, they can get fucked lmao. Seems they've built enough goodwill from saying "we aren't like other developers, we'll give you this armor for free" but I guess it might be indicative of the fact no one is playing it on console, who knows. 

I don't really care that much, I just think they're getting away with murder acting like they can't support massive console install bases.

Yes you're absolutely right, it won't do CD Projekt Red any favours in the long run.  Good will as a developer is something they constantly parade and carry on about and what they're managed to achieve here is pretty pathetic.  I am annoyed because I spent money supporting the game by buying both expansions, the marketing on their behalf for both Gwent and Thronebreaker was also beyond average.  I have already asked them on twitter if as a PS4 player, now that they're clearly focusing on being a mobile game developer do they plan to stop support to Cyberpunk and any DLCs after less than a year on consoles. 

Could you imagine the hatred on the internet if Bethesda did what CD Projekt Red have done.  I am with you mate, it's not lost on me at all and developer goodwill is worth more than maintaining some cross platform support, 'especially' with both PlayStation and Xbox. It's too difficult or costly to support the console versions of their game and keep them up to date?  Really?

• Like 2

There is quite a lot of time left, platinum is quite easy. Only the arena can be difficult for people who have never played CCG. Good luck to all those who haven't managed to do it yet and those who have already done it.?

Japanese official news applicable part

• コンソール版(PS4・Xbox One)のアリーナモードについて*、現在は新規で課金アイテム『鏡の破片』を買うことは出来ず、既存の『鏡の破片』もしくは鉱石にて入場が可能です。ただし12月9日(月)以降は鉱石での入場も不可能となる予定です
* 2019.12.06追記:アリーナモードの現状および今後の対応について追記いたしました

8 minutes ago, syai0306 said:

Japanese official news applicable part

• コンソール版(PS4・Xbox One)のアリーナモードについて*、現在は新規で課金アイテム『鏡の破片』を買うことは出来ず、既存の『鏡の破片』もしくは鉱石にて入場が可能です。ただし12月9日(月)以降は鉱石での入場も不可能となる予定です
* 2019.12.06追記:アリーナモードの現状および今後の対応について追記いたしました

It seems only the Japanese page states anything about ore being stopped from being used. No message about English language versions. It might just be a region thing.

27 minutes ago, CreateYourID said:

日本語のページだけが、鉱石の使用が停止されていることについて何でも述べているようです。英語版についてのメッセージはありません。それは単なる地域的なものかもしれません。

Yes. The description is "planned" and is subject to change.

On 7/12/2019 at 2:27 AM, Salt_AU said:

Yes you're absolutely right, it won't do CD Projekt Red any favours in the long run.  Good will as a developer is something they constantly parade and carry on about and what they're managed to achieve here is pretty pathetic.  I am annoyed because I spent money supporting the game by buying both expansions, the marketing on their behalf for both Gwent and Thronebreaker was also beyond average.  I have already asked them on twitter if as a PS4 player, now that they're clearly focusing on being a mobile game developer do they plan to stop support to Cyberpunk and any DLCs after less than a year on consoles. 

Could you imagine the hatred on the internet if Bethesda did what CD Projekt Red have done.  I am with you mate, it's not lost on me at all and developer goodwill is worth more than maintaining some cross platform support, 'especially' with both PlayStation and Xbox. It's too difficult or costly to support the console versions of their game and keep them up to date?  Really?

Bethesda just did worse. They announced they stop supporting their mobile card game TES Legends. The promised console versions were never even released...

Sad times for card game fans

On 7 December 2019 at 0:11 PM, BlackCatBurrito said:

People aren't shitting on them because this isn't some big name game everyone knows and plays.

Yeah think you're overreacting a bit there. 

• Like 2

It would seem arena was removed from the game entirely, it's no longer next to the play option on the main menu.  That part truly is a dick move...

Let's hope it wasnt intentionally done like that, and that they'll give another update putting it back in.  Pester them on social media etc

Edited by AJ_-_808

1 hour ago, Feral said:

People aren't shitting on them because this isn't some big name game everyone knows and plays.

Yeah think you're overreacting a bit there. 

The overreaction of a 30 second comment on a game forum that 10 people will see hehehehehehehehidbcwdvucipbv[spjepje0f-vj

They released a game, let people spend money on it & didn't support it properly. Simple as that, shit move. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ozzy_1907 said:

The last update dedicated for the console versions of GWENT (9th December, 2019) disables the following:
1. Matchmaking with other platforms
2. Ranked progression and ranked matches
3. Seasonal and other events
4. Arena mode

In last week's announcement they only mentioned number 1. (Number 3 might be expected also) but disabling 2 and 4 without notice is not cool. This is coming from someone who has the plat.

I went from rank 29 to 28 after arena was disabled, so are you sure about number 2?

1 minute ago, Ozzy_1907 said:

I copied this from gwent website. Also when i logged in to the game there was no ranked match option.

I might be confused then, but isnt play --> classic by default ranked? I won a match in that and gained a rank.

Unless there's another leaderboard type ranked system? Sorry, I'm brand new to gwent

11 hours ago, Ozzy_1907 said:

The last update dedicated for the console versions of GWENT (9th December, 2019) disables the following:
1. Matchmaking with other platforms
2. Ranked progression and ranked matches
3. Seasonal and other events
4. Arena mode

In last week's announcement they only mentioned number 1. (Number 3 might be expected also) but disabling 2 and 4 without notice is not cool. This is coming from someone who has the plat.

So that it's then, platinum is unobtainable if you don't have the Arena trophy and the trophy for playing a ranked match, CD Projekt Red gave just one days notice, if that.  As @BlackCatBurrito correctly points out, they let people spend money on it and then pull the support.  I don't game on a PC, a PC is for emails and spreadsheets.  Phones are for, well, making phone calls and I can't get trophies on either of them. In the time I have to play games, its on a console, so they can stick their GOG offer where the sun doesn't shine.

CD Projekt Red, the developer gamers get overly infatuated over because of their goodwill.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I was never gonna get 100% on all my games but it is still annoying when I am completely unable to do so.
Wish they would just pop the trophies for people if they are gonna take the game down. Would give us that nice 100% without it being unattainable and the dates would still show whatever you got a trophy after auto pop or not.

Anyway, gonna try and get as many as possible, wonder if it is possible to raise the rank to A still?

On 1/14/2020 at 6:51 AM, KnightAtomic said:

I was never gonna get 100% on all my games but it is still annoying when I am completely unable to do so.
Wish they would just pop the trophies for people if they are gonna take the game down. Would give us that nice 100% without it being unattainable and the dates would still show whatever you got a trophy after auto pop or not.

Anyway, gonna try and get as many as possible, wonder if it is possible to raise the rank to A still?

Yes it is. I have A rank at 37% and I don't have any of the ranked or arena trophies.

• Like 1