Klart

Support of console versions discontinued!

82 posts in this topic

I can't believe there isn't anyone slamming them for this, they can get fucked lmao. Seems they've built enough goodwill from saying "we aren't like other developers, we'll give you this armor for free" but I guess it might be indicative of the fact no one is playing it on console, who knows. 

 

I don't really care that much, I just think they're getting away with murder acting like they can't support massive console install bases.

 

No worries, I'll buy Cyberpunk preowned now. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

I can't believe there isn't anyone slamming them for this, they can get fucked lmao. Seems they've built enough goodwill from saying "we aren't like other developers, we'll give you this armor for free" but I guess it might be indicative of the fact no one is playing it on console, who knows. 

 

I don't really care that much, I just think they're getting away with murder acting like they can't support massive console install bases.

 

No worries, I'll buy Cyberpunk preowned now. 

 

Yes you're absolutely right, it won't do CD Projekt Red any favours in the long run.  Good will as a developer is something they constantly parade and carry on about and what they're managed to achieve here is pretty pathetic.  I am annoyed because I spent money supporting the game by buying both expansions, the marketing on their behalf for both Gwent and Thronebreaker was also beyond average.  I have already asked them on twitter if as a PS4 player, now that they're clearly focusing on being a mobile game developer do they plan to stop support to Cyberpunk and any DLCs after less than a year on consoles. 

 

Could you imagine the hatred on the internet if Bethesda did what CD Projekt Red have done.  I am with you mate, it's not lost on me at all and developer goodwill is worth more than maintaining some cross platform support, 'especially' with both PlayStation and Xbox. It's too difficult or costly to support the console versions of their game and keep them up to date?  Really?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is quite a lot of time left, platinum is quite easy. Only the arena can be difficult for people who have never played CCG. Good luck to all those who haven't managed to do it yet and those who have already done it.🙃

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, syai0306 said:

Participation in Arena Mode with ore will end on December 9

 

What does that mean, 'with ore'?  The English page said nothing about Arena mode being eliminated, just that cross play was discontinued.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To get into Arena you need ore which you can earn in game. I’m hoping we don’t lose this ability because it will make the arena trophies unobtainable. It’s already hard enough as it is without a time limit.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Japanese official news applicable part

  • コンソール版(PS4・Xbox One)のアリーナモードについて*、現在は新規で課金アイテム『鏡の破片』を買うことは出来ず、既存の『鏡の破片』もしくは鉱石にて入場が可能です。ただし12月9日(月)以降は鉱石での入場も不可能となる予定です
* 2019.12.06追記:アリーナモードの現状および今後の対応について追記いたしました

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, syai0306 said:

Japanese official news applicable part

  • コンソール版(PS4・Xbox One)のアリーナモードについて*、現在は新規で課金アイテム『鏡の破片』を買うことは出来ず、既存の『鏡の破片』もしくは鉱石にて入場が可能です。ただし12月9日(月)以降は鉱石での入場も不可能となる予定です
* 2019.12.06追記:アリーナモードの現状および今後の対応について追記いたしました

 

 

It seems only the Japanese page states anything about ore being stopped from being used. No message about English language versions. It might just be a region thing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CreateYourID said:

日本語のページだけが、鉱石の使用が停止されていることについて何でも述べているようです。英語版についてのメッセージはありません。それは単なる地域的なものかもしれません。

Yes. The description is "planned" and is subject to change.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 2:27 AM, Salt_AU said:

 

Yes you're absolutely right, it won't do CD Projekt Red any favours in the long run.  Good will as a developer is something they constantly parade and carry on about and what they're managed to achieve here is pretty pathetic.  I am annoyed because I spent money supporting the game by buying both expansions, the marketing on their behalf for both Gwent and Thronebreaker was also beyond average.  I have already asked them on twitter if as a PS4 player, now that they're clearly focusing on being a mobile game developer do they plan to stop support to Cyberpunk and any DLCs after less than a year on consoles. 

 

Could you imagine the hatred on the internet if Bethesda did what CD Projekt Red have done.  I am with you mate, it's not lost on me at all and developer goodwill is worth more than maintaining some cross platform support, 'especially' with both PlayStation and Xbox. It's too difficult or costly to support the console versions of their game and keep them up to date?  Really?

Bethesda just did worse. They announced they stop supporting their mobile card game TES Legends. The promised console versions were never even released...

 

Sad times for card game fans

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7 December 2019 at 0:11 PM, BlackCatBurrito said:

I can't believe there isn't anyone slamming them for this, they can get fucked lmao. Seems they've built enough goodwill from saying "we aren't like other developers, we'll give you this armor for free" but I guess it might be indicative of the fact no one is playing it on console, who knows. 

 

I don't really care that much, I just think they're getting away with murder acting like they can't support massive console install bases.

 

No worries, I'll buy Cyberpunk preowned now. 

People aren't shitting on them because this isn't some big name game everyone knows and plays.

 

Yeah think you're overreacting a bit there. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would seem arena was removed from the game entirely, it's no longer next to the play option on the main menu.  That part truly is a dick move...

 

Let's hope it wasnt intentionally done like that, and that they'll give another update putting it back in.  Pester them on social media etc

Edited by AJ_-_808
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Feral said:

People aren't shitting on them because this isn't some big name game everyone knows and plays.

 

Yeah think you're overreacting a bit there. 

The overreaction of a 30 second comment on a game forum that 10 people will see hehehehehehehehidbcwdvucipbv[spjepje0f-vj

 

They released a game, let people spend money on it & didn't support it properly. Simple as that, shit move. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ozzy_1907 said:

The last update dedicated for the console versions of GWENT (9th December, 2019) disables the following:
1. Matchmaking with other platforms
2. Ranked progression and ranked matches
3. Seasonal and other events
4. Arena mode

In last week's announcement they only mentioned number 1. (Number 3 might be expected also) but disabling 2 and 4 without notice is not cool. This is coming from someone who has the plat.

 

I went from rank 29 to 28 after arena was disabled, so are you sure about number 2?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

 

I went from rank 29 to 28 after arena was disabled, so are you sure about number 2?

I copied this from gwent website. Also when i logged in to the game there was no ranked match option.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ozzy_1907 said:

I copied this from gwent website. Also when i logged in to the game there was no ranked match option.

I might be confused then, but isnt play --> classic by default ranked? I won a match in that and gained a rank.

 

Unless there's another leaderboard type ranked system? Sorry, I'm brand new to gwent

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a ranked match option besides classic and arena. This mode was also removed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sigh Sent some time out to grind this game after the announcement last week but it sounds like it's not worth it now. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

 

アリーナが無効になった後、ランク29から28に移動したので、2番については確かですか?

This season end 10 hours later.
Edited by syai0306
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ozzy_1907 said:

The last update dedicated for the console versions of GWENT (9th December, 2019) disables the following:
1. Matchmaking with other platforms
2. Ranked progression and ranked matches
3. Seasonal and other events
4. Arena mode

In last week's announcement they only mentioned number 1. (Number 3 might be expected also) but disabling 2 and 4 without notice is not cool. This is coming from someone who has the plat.

 

So that it's then, platinum is unobtainable if you don't have the Arena trophy and the trophy for playing a ranked match, CD Projekt Red gave just one days notice, if that.  As @BlackCatBurrito correctly points out, they let people spend money on it and then pull the support.  I don't game on a PC, a PC is for emails and spreadsheets.  Phones are for, well, making phone calls and I can't get trophies on either of them. In the time I have to play games, its on a console, so they can stick their GOG offer where the sun doesn't shine.

 

CD Projekt Red, the developer gamers get overly infatuated over because of their goodwill.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was never gonna get 100% on all my games but it is still annoying when I am completely unable to do so.
Wish they would just pop the trophies for people if they are gonna take the game down. Would give us that nice 100% without it being unattainable and the dates would still show whatever you got a trophy after auto pop or not.

Anyway, gonna try and get as many as possible, wonder if it is possible to raise the rank to A still?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 6:51 AM, KnightAtomic said:

I was never gonna get 100% on all my games but it is still annoying when I am completely unable to do so.
Wish they would just pop the trophies for people if they are gonna take the game down. Would give us that nice 100% without it being unattainable and the dates would still show whatever you got a trophy after auto pop or not.

Anyway, gonna try and get as many as possible, wonder if it is possible to raise the rank to A still?

Yes it is. I have A rank at 37% and I don't have any of the ranked or arena trophies.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.