Support of console versions discontinued!

Klart

• 4 weeks later...

There is only one trophy that I miss and that is the „Complete an arena run with at least 6 wins“ which now I can’t obtain anymore. I am super disappointed by the decision CD Projekt Red made here, and how they don’t care about so many consoles player! The official statement is that there is a six month transition period but they switched off the arena mode without a transition period. The transition period is only for them to make people move their account to the PC! If they don’t give people a proper transition period, or somehow make it possible to obtain the trophy I will learn my lesson and stay away from CD Projekt Red and their games. I did enjoy the Witcher 3 Game and was looking forward to Cyberpunk but now knowing that they let people down over night... no thanks. There are enough other games to play from developers who care.

I also don’t understand why people can still download it for free in the PlayStation Store.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RikuKelev said:

Any updates on Arena mode?

Make noise on the gwent forums and Twitter. That's the only way itll be addressed.

I'm currently in a PM conversation with one of their HQ community managers and will post the result at the end.  His first reply ended with "that's all we can offer at the moment"

"At the moment" might leave some wiggle room, so I'm appealing to him again

• Like 2

Here's as far as I got with them ☹️

I'm sure you and your team have been bombarded with requests from console players since arena & ranked were disabled, so I hope this doesnt fall on deaf ears.

If you are not the right person to contact, would you kindly pass this message along?

I had been hoping CDPR would come around with the bee season and reverse their decision to abruptly halt arena & ranked on console and allow us 1 last hurrah or at least a proper transition period. They stated 6 months, but disabled half the game after a couple days. 

CDPR used to be very well known for being more for their playerbase than other developers. Disabling console features with no warning has seriously damaged their reputation among console gamers. 

I would ask that they re-enable console features for a proper send-off, 30 days, or even if only for 1 season. If it isnt cost effective, at least give us a chance to crowdfund the cost. At the very least, consider the damage done to future sales, as this action has spawned a small, but growing number of people that are essentially boycotting cyberpunk and other future CDPR games. Is it with it?

Sincerely,

Vattier

Hi!

I'm sorry that you feel this way, but this was a tough decision that we had to make.

During the transition period the game has to stay in the unchanged form. Players can use this time to transfer their account to a different platform to continue playing GWENT, or, if they do not wish to do so, they can just play the version that was available back when we announced our plans regarding consoles. We're sorry if you feel that's not enough, but that's all we can offer at the moment.

Best regards,
Vattier
Community Manager

A

The game could remain in an unchanged form, just re-enable the arena & ranked progression and let the console players play amongst themselves. No cross platform or updates needed. 

At the very least, please consider updating the now unobtainable trophies/achievements to something that can be accomplished in the current state of the game.

Disabling features without a proper announcement has left us with a lot of negative feelings towards CDPR, and either option would alleviate much of that. To put it simply, we feel betrayed by a developer we had praised in the past, but this could still be fixed.

The console playerbase may be smaller than the other platforms, but every disenchanted customer is a loss to future sales, including on other platforms.
  • Like 2

Advanced issue found

56 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Here's as far as I got with them ☹️

Seriously man, mad respect for reaching out to them and explaining the situation in such a cohesive way. Don't think I would explain it better myself.

I hope they will eventually do something about it...although, chances are rather slim

15 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Here's as far as I got with them 2639.png

I'm sure you and your team have been bombarded with requests from console players since arena & ranked were disabled, so I hope this doesnt fall on deaf ears.

If you are not the right person to contact, would you kindly pass this message along?

I had been hoping CDPR would come around with the bee season and reverse their decision to abruptly halt arena & ranked on console and allow us 1 last hurrah or at least a proper transition period. They stated 6 months, but disabled half the game after a couple days. 

CDPR used to be very well known for being more for their playerbase than other developers. Disabling console features with no warning has seriously damaged their reputation among console gamers. 

I would ask that they re-enable console features for a proper send-off, 30 days, or even if only for 1 season. If it isnt cost effective, at least give us a chance to crowdfund the cost. At the very least, consider the damage done to future sales, as this action has spawned a small, but growing number of people that are essentially boycotting cyberpunk and other future CDPR games. Is it with it?

Sincerely,

Vattier

Hi!

I'm sorry that you feel this way, but this was a tough decision that we had to make.

During the transition period the game has to stay in the unchanged form. Players can use this time to transfer their account to a different platform to continue playing GWENT, or, if they do not wish to do so, they can just play the version that was available back when we announced our plans regarding consoles. We're sorry if you feel that's not enough, but that's all we can offer at the moment.

Best regards,
Vattier
Community Manager

A

The game could remain in an unchanged form, just re-enable the arena & ranked progression and let the console players play amongst themselves. No cross platform or updates needed. 

At the very least, please consider updating the now unobtainable trophies/achievements to something that can be accomplished in the current state of the game.

Disabling features without a proper announcement has left us with a lot of negative feelings towards CDPR, and either option would alleviate much of that. To put it simply, we feel betrayed by a developer we had praised in the past, but this could still be fixed.

The console playerbase may be smaller than the other platforms, but every disenchanted customer is a loss to future sales, including on other platforms.

Great job,man??You proceeded an amazing work.

A few moments ago I wrote a new message on their forums,but I still needs a 5 messages to open a big thread.So if anyone had a possibility to made it right now,please do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

This will probably get as far as every other attempt, which is no where, but maybe if enough people lodge a complaint with econsumer.gov (bbb international), we can get them to re-enable it for the last couple months itll still be available on console?

Cant hurt to try

May you tell us what we need to do?

Btw, for anyone interested - since they aren't responding much on their forums, here's 3 email address for cdpr

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Their company just hit a value of 8 billion dollars.  It's pathetic that they wont re-enable the full game for the remaining couple months.

Edited by AJ_-_808

As much as sudden unobtainable trophies suck, I can see why they decided to just kill off arena and ranked from the console versions altogether while disabling cross-platform matchmaking. I suspect if the ever had arena matchmaking with purely console players, it would have missed a lot of the more serious, high-end playerbase, and would have been kind of a joke to begin with. If they enabled it now, that the game is dead, it'd certainly be a boostfest more than anything.

It'd be optimal if they could bring back arena as it was, but I doubt that'll happen, as it'd require them to update the console versions in order to have a certain standard to the matchmaking experience, which does seems to be something they really don't want to compromise.

• Like 1

In addition to what @IDiivil already told, Arena matchmaking - more precisely the brain of the  deck building- requires many conditions to fill when proposing cards to build the deck whereas the game has now moved forward a lot (like for instance with the last expansion Merchants of Ofir giving new strong cards like Radeyah, etc or rebalancing a bunch of cards a few weeks ago). In addition there are some theme cards (weather effects, Revenants of Kaedwen, shields) in the kind of cards proposed (I observed that the last weeks). So it would be a pain in the ass for the devs to rebuild a new deck building brain restricted to the old consoles version. So yeah it is 99,99% dead for the Arena - unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 7:52 PM, AJ_-_808 said:

Btw, for anyone interested - since they aren't responding much on their forums, here's 3 email address for cdpr

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Their company just hit a value of 8 billion dollars.  It's pathetic that they wont re-enable the full game for the remaining couple months.

Sent an email. Yup, doubt it will do anything...but doesn't hurt to try.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2020 at 8:34 AM, ShockyMackyDCA said:

I planned to write them on their emails in next few days,but due the pandemie period CDPR instructed their employees to work on the distance. So,does it make any sence for asking them about our problem or we suppose to wait for ps4 hacking?)))))

I think this is now beyond hope my friend.

On 12/6/2019 at 7:11 PM, BlackCatBurrito said:

I can't believe there isn't anyone slamming them for this, they can get fucked lmao. Seems they've built enough goodwill from saying "we aren't like other developers, we'll give you this armor for free" but I guess it might be indicative of the fact no one is playing it on console, who knows. 

I don't really care that much, I just think they're getting away with murder acting like they can't support massive console install bases.

No worries, I'll buy Cyberpunk preowned now. 

I mean, okay, you do that. You're still supporting them so it's not like you're doing anything. Hmm I don't really follow them that much, or any developer for that matter, but I'm pretty sure they built up goodwill by making good games, which they have. And because I honestly don't believe that they thought this was gonna be big or last anyway. The console versions apparently didn't make that much money, so guess what they're gonna do? They're not gonna support something that I assume, correct me if I'm wrong, cost money to maintain. I don't know a lot about tech and online networks and whatever but I think you have to pay to keep them active don't you? 

On 12/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, BlackCatBurrito said:

The overreaction of a 30 second comment on a game forum that 10 people will see hehehehehehehehidbcwdvucipbv[spjepje0f-vj

They released a game, let people spend money on it & didn't support it properly. Simple as that, shit move. 

That's still overreacting, and you did it again when you responded to the person. 

"let people spend money on it" No, you spent money on it of your own accord. They never had control of your money and therefore could never have "let" you do anything with it. I haven't checked any of their statements, but if the information in another comment was correct (if not ignore this) then they only made 4% of the money made on that game on consoles, why would they continue to support something that barely supporting them? That's not a shit move, that's being a good business. Then again I have no idea how much it cost them or how much money they make so maybe it was a shit move.

On 2/7/2020 at 6:03 AM, mannumberone said:

There is only one trophy that I miss and that is the „Complete an arena run with at least 6 wins“ which now I can’t obtain anymore. I am super disappointed by the decision CD Projekt Red made here, and how they don’t care about so many consoles player! The official statement is that there is a six month transition period but they switched off the arena mode without a transition period. The transition period is only for them to make people move their account to the PC! If they don’t give people a proper transition period, or somehow make it possible to obtain the trophy I will learn my lesson and stay away from CD Projekt Red and their games. I did enjoy the Witcher 3 Game and was looking forward to Cyberpunk but now knowing that they let people down over night... no thanks. There are enough other games to play from developers who care.

I also don’t understand why people can still download it for free in the PlayStation Store.

How many people do you think actually played a card game ripoff, even if it was from a developer like CDPR? Pretty sure most of their fanbase is on PC, considering that's where they started and where most people play games. And that most of their console fanbase cares about The Witcher 3, not the ripoff card game. I know this is a trophy hunting site but you have to understand that developers (most of them, looking at you My name is Mayo) don't make games for easy trophies or trophies at all, it's just a side note for most of them. From what I read (correct me if I'm wrong) the already very small (relatively) fanbase for this game was dwindling and of that 4% (again correct me if I'm wrong, I think I read this in a different comment) was actually paying for stuff. It's a F2P game, I still don't see why people think that F2p games are supposed to be these masterpieces that the developers should actually care about. 

Edited by BellandDog

44 minutes ago, BellandDog said:

That's still overreacting, and you did it again when you responded to the person. 

"let people spend money on it" No, you spent money on it of your own accord. They never had control of your money and therefore could never have "let" you do anything with it. I haven't checked any of their statements, but if the information in another comment was correct (if not ignore this) then they only made 4% of the money made on that game on consoles, why would they continue to support something that barely supporting them? That's not a shit move, that's being a good business. Then again I have no idea how much it cost them or how much money they make so maybe it was a shit move.

How many people do you think actually played a card game ripoff, even if it was from a developer like CDPR? Pretty sure most of their fanbase is on PC, considering that's where they started and where most people play games. And that most of their console fanbase cares about The Witcher 3, not the ripoff card game. I know this is a trophy hunting site but you have to understand that developers (most of them, looking at you My name is Mayo) don't make games for easy trophies or trophies at all, it's just a side note for most of them. From what I read (correct me if I'm wrong) the already very small (relatively) fanbase for this game was dwindling and of that 4% (again correct me if I'm wrong, I think I read this in a different comment) was actually paying for stuff. It's a F2P game, I still don't see why people think that F2p games are supposed to be these masterpieces that the developers should actually care about. 

Everyone here understand this decision and reasons why they done it.But we cannot accept the way how they informed us about it.Do you think five days before stopping support without any details is a good & fair move?

Edited by ShockyMackyDCA

48 minutes ago, ShockyMackyDCA said:

Everyone here understand this decision and reasons why they done it.But we cannot accept the way how they informed us about it.Do you think five days before stopping support without any details is a good & fair move?

Obviously, some of the people here can't accept understand the decision and reasons, but besides that no I don't think that's that fair of a move. Nor did I say it was. I don't plan on going back and reading but I said something along the lines of "correct me if I'm wrong" and "I haven't been keeping up with project red"

But in the end, yes I do believe they could have given you far more time to get stuff done. 

• 4 weeks later...

Borrowed from another thread.  Just going to leave this here as an addition to the previous email addresses.  I dont think calling would help, especially with covid 19 running rampant, but meh.

--------

https://twitter.com/cdprojektred

https://twitter.com/witchergame

phone: +48 22 519 69 00

Business inquiries – CD PROJEKT RED:
E-mail: [email protected]

Contact for investors and journalists:

General Meetings of Shareholders related inquiries:

Data Protection Officer:
Michał Sztąberek

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 10:23 PM, AJ_-_808 said:

Borrowed from another thread.  Just going to leave this here as an addition to the previous email addresses.  I dont think calling would help, especially with covid 19 running rampant, but meh.

--------

https://twitter.com/cdprojektred

https://twitter.com/witchergame

Business inquiries – CD PROJEKT RED:

Contact for investors and journalists:

General Meetings of Shareholders related inquiries:

Data Protection Officer:
Michał Sztąberek

At this rate, it feels like beating a dead horse with a spoon...but I have sent another email to all emails :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so they're still actively updating gwent on PC and whatnot.

I wrote up a petition to get the trophy requirements changed.  Longshot, but why not at this point - nothing to lose.  If enough people sign, maybe we can get their attention?  Feel free to share on other forums/social media

http://chng.it/vfPdjjw4Fr

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 2