Tips & Trix

So here we go! This is a fucking hard game, so a tips & trix section feels just about right to have for this game. 

So ill get us started with the most obvious ones:

• Hustle for those gems, you will need them!
  • Sell your anti air as soon as you don't need them, also i have noticed that keep those air guns as low as you can, and get more arrows instead they will upgrade faster and be more usefull in the end. 

So Im kind of new to this game, that's why I don't feel that i can drop more tips at this point. Instead i have a question if you press Square you will get a circle of options what are those? The tutorial didn't go through that and Im yet to understand what they do exactly. 

Just to be cleare this is not a tutorial thread stricktly tips for what you have find works good. If i wanted to just cleare every map on the first try i would just look at youtube. So only general tips for the game all in all so to say. 

Square drops bombs. I think you meant triangle. Triangle is basically your picto-chat for co-op.

Hey Darth! Nice to see someone I 'know' talking about PJM somewhere! So are you playing this particular version?

---------------------

Tips ... learn what kind of towers work on what kind of monsters the best. I won't give away what trial and error can do.

I've been playing this game since PS3 PJM & Encore, then PJMD on my PSP and PS Vita. So if anyone needs help, just ask.

• Like 1

Hey Darth! Nice to see someone I 'know' talking about PJM somewhere! So are you playing this particular version?

---------------------

Tips ... learn what kind of towers work on what kind of monsters the best. I won't give away what trial and error can do.

I've been playing this game since PS3 PJM & Encore, then PJMD on my PSP and PS Vita. So if anyone needs help, just ask.

Yeah, not as much as I played the PS3/PSP versions but it's getting there. Mind if I add you over PSN?

• 8 months later...

Unless I'm missing something it looks like I can no longer post tips to the various trophies.  Oh well...

For the trophy "Wave Goodbye" it says to "Clear an entire wave of enemies using only a bomb".  I don't know if this was a glitch or an additional (and very vague) loophole, but I got this trophy to pop when going for the "Kill Off!" challenge in the Tiki Hut.  By the time the boss wave rolled around, I only had black trap towers on my map.  Once the boss was killed, the trophy popped.

Tower Collector:

• It is essential that you buy the gem tower first and place it in range of as many towers as possible.  Without any additional leveling, the gem tower will get all towers in range to almost purple so simply walk them up the rest of the way to purple for the additional gems.  (Thanks to onuosfan for this tip)
  • It is very important that you have one of every tower on the map when the boss is killed.  I made the mistake of tearing down my last laser tower after seeing the green check mark pop up in the bottom right corner.  The trophy description is a little vague (clear the stage by building every type of tower) in that you may think as long as you build it once during the challenge you are fine.  This is false, they MUST all be on the map at the end of the challenge.
  • Don't buy the interest.  You will need to tear down purple or black towers in order to get enough gems to buy all of the towers so wasting 7 (or 7+8 or 7+8+9) gems for the varying levels of interest will surely cause you to fail this challenge.  If you can pass this challenge and buy everything, then you are truly a legend at this game.
  • You will also need to kill almost all of the enemies otherwise you run the risk of missing the ones that drop gems and will need to walk more towers to purple or black.
  • To actually kill all the enemies in this challenge (minus the boss), you only really need to purchase the gem tower, laser tower and fire tower coupled with arrows, cannons and anti air.  Be sure to have a mortar tower on the map prior to the start of the boss wave and then basically spend the majority of the boss wave building the remaining towers you need.  You will most likely be low on coins until you start tearing down purple and black towers but if you still can't afford the lightning tower or hive, ONLY tear down duplicate towers to prevent any accidents forcing you to replay the challenge.
  • And of course pray.  (Thanks to simula67 for this tip :D )

Good Luck!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 years later...

For good guides on every level, check this channel (playlists for all rainbow levels and all medals):

Spoiler

1 and 2 

and

Hardest trophy / medal challenge - Tower Collector

I recommend using this video, not the one from the Ainzi guides I linked to above.

Spoiler

1 and 2 

and

Wave Goodbye Trophy Problems - PS Vita 2023

To unlock the bomb, you have to unlock it first by completing some islands (special missions). In medal challenge you have it unlocked by default.

Doing it on the medal challenge (green flag) didnt work for me. Doing it on Tiki Level 1 didnt work either.

This video worked for me (Level: Tiki, special2 , lines of attack)

Edited by servus99