Milestone Services Question.

Hey everyone...

I know this was mentioned before, but it looks like from last year.

Now that the game is on PS+, are services no longer available on this game? I've been trying for awhile and it just keeps saying I can't access Milestone services.

Without that, it would make this game missable for the Platinum.

Something tells me the servers are super flaky. They worked fine yesterday, but today can't seem to connect to them. This game's been a dumpster fire for me ever since I started it. At least I was able to rubber band the 300 mile trophy before the game crashed.

• Like 1

I did this game last month before the plus influx and the servers were tolerable enough on my end(at least the ugc tracks as i didn't bother with the actual multiplayer). Maybe something broke on thier end as i would assume the game would have been deserted before the plus addition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jdh0921 said:

Something tells me the servers are super flaky. They worked fine yesterday, but today can't seem to connect to them. This game's been a dumpster fire for me ever since I started it. At least I was able to rubber band the 300 mile trophy before the game crashed.

How did you rubberband for that trophy? What track did you use?

8 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

How did you rubberband for that trophy? What track did you use?

I've been using the Las Vegas track after selecting 450 class and using the longest race length. By the time the race finishes its a bit over 20 mins and you get about 10 miles of distance. If the servers come back you can search for a track with the number 300 and find a track with long straights to also rubberband on.

• Like 1

I think it should work? I just did this plat yesterday, the UGC part to be exact. It's just Milestone usually has terrible servers. Like I noticed it sometimes kept track of my miles and sometimes it didn't. Their other games like Ducati are similar. 20 online races sure but it only counts if you're hosting. At the moment I'd just say keep retrying or restart the game at a later time. 

3 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

The servers have been working fine the past few hours 

Every time i try says cant connect, just tried again after reading this, if you look no one has earned a track edit trophy since 2 pm

Edited by Asmund89

4 hours ago, BigBlueSulley said:

There was just an update that has got the servers working again for me. Not even sure if that's how servers are supposed to work but you can get the online trophies again.

worked for a little bit now not working for me again, anyone else?

• Like 1

They seem to be working for me at the moment, maybe the servers are full? The rarity has gone down 10% on PSNP, so could be a sign a lot of people are trying to do these trophies. Most likely spooked by yesterday's outage.

4 minutes ago, KTILLA23 said:

There not working for me either. Is there anyway around this?

No workaround that I'm aware of. You need the online to access the custom tracks.

Edited by jdh0921
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jdh0921 said:

They seem to be working for me at the moment, maybe the servers are full?

No workaround that I'm aware of. You need the online to access the custom tracks.

That's odd i can't get on the severs for nothing. I have tried closing the game and restarting a few times and still can't see to get on them. This is very annoying, it seems to be random if you can get on it or not. 

2 minutes ago, KTILLA23 said:

That's odd i can't get on the severs for nothing. I have tried closing the game and restarting a few times and still can't see to get on them. This is very annoying, it seems to be random if you can get on it or not. 

Agreed, is annoying for sure. I've been in game for a couple of hours, and haven't restarted or logged out. Maybe that's why it is working okay for me. Also just to confirm you are updated to 1.12 as well, correct? They didn't work before the update. (It's a silly question, but worth asking)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jdh0921 said:

Agreed, is annoying for sure. I've been in game for a couple of hours, and haven't restarted or logged out. Maybe that's why it is working okay for me. Also just to confirm you are updated to 1.12 as well, correct? They didn't work before the update. (It's a silly question, but worth asking)

Yes i downloaded the update right when i booted my PS4 so it's not that so i don't think the update improved the servers. It seems reading around and in this thread  even that Milestone games all have awful servers. As you say there server can be overloaded because there a smaller team and maybe coming on earlier in the morning, or before 3-4pm in the UK is a better time to try to get on. Thank you for trying to help but sadly i don't think there is much i can do as of right now.  I do wonder if it can be tied to what time to accuse the servers maybe?

Edited by KTILLA23

Servers worked for me a few hours ago, I could race on downloaded tracks. At the moment I can't though.
Game version 1.12 (downloaded it this morning), EU region.
Though I didn't get my trophy for completing a downloaded track on my first event. After finishing the 2nd I did get the trophy. At that rate, completing 30 events could well take 40+ events.

According to PSNP, this is the 6th most popular game at the moment. I'm willing to bet it's server overload. Hopefully it'll clear up soon. Was doing fine until the game crashed while I was doing custom races. Once I restarted the game, I couldn't log back in.

4 minutes ago, jdh0921 said:

According to PSNP, this is the 6th most popular game at the moment. I'm willing to bet it's server overload. Hopefully it'll clear up soon. Was doing fine until the game crashed while I was doing custom races. Once I restarted the game, I couldn't log back in.

How did you get in, was it simple or did you spam track editor etc. Wired or wireless connection. I have yet to see see the track editor open even once just looking for tips.