Road Map to a Quick Platinum

23 minutes ago, ying-KARINA said:

great guide but...

the fxxking milestone is pushing a new update.

could op or anyone who already platted the game be kind to test the retire tricks still working on the latest patch or not ? 1f602.png

Just tried it with an alternate account, still works on version 1.12, if that's the update you're talking about. Retiring gives you full 670% bonus. 

• Like 2

Just now, XXIIlII said:

Do i need to be in 1st place to win the race? or top 3 is fine?

Nice guide btw, will start the game now.

For the exploit? You don't need to start the race at all. Though it seemed if I get a good start and get into first before retiring I was in first at the end more often. 

4 minutes ago, XXIIlII said:

What about the ones without the exploit?

For the track trophies and the 450 class, you will want to win all the races + championship. The 250 class you need to win one of the championships and podium the other. Let me know if I'm not answering what you are asking properly. :)

20 minutes ago, jdh0921 said:

For the track trophies and the 450 class, you will want to win all the races + championship. The 250 class you need to win one of the championships and podium the other. Let me know if I'm not answering what you are asking properly. :)

Probably he is asking what is the best way to ensure a win on truck races and chanpionship (for 450 class). From what you said, lowering difficulty settings and abusing rewind, should allow us to get a win. Isn't it right?

Can't we use the exploit here, in any case or form to easy the work?

Edited by Dilust

1 hour ago, Dilust said:

Probably he is asking what is the best way to ensure a win on truck races and chanpionship (for 450 class). From what you said, lowering difficulty settings and abusing rewind, should allow us to get a win. Isn't it right?

Can't we use the exploit here, in any case or form to easy the work?

You can do rewind and set everything to easy definitely. You can even use the exploit if you want. The only problem doing the exploit is, if you don't have the trophies for winning at each track, you won't get them using the exploit. You have to win those legitimately to earn them. 

2 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Could you explain what a holeshot is? I have no idea.

It's the rider who gets to the first turn before anyone else, you'll see a white line on the ground with a sign overhead that says holeshot.

Edited by Asmund89

5 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

How long would it take to do all the races legit? just out of curiosity as i like racing games and motocross

Probably about 20-25 hours legit. The trophy that'll cause the biggest headache is getting three million in SX (Cash). You earn 12-18K per race, plus a bonus for winning championships. 

• Like 2

You'll earn a bit more if you pick a better sponsor. The higher the requirement for the sponsor the larger their bonus. I'm currently riding with oakly or gopro and they require me to finish in the top3.
15k for winning, 8.6k for sponsor objective in the 250 class, with all the bonuses mentioned in the first post set to zero. I'm aiming for holeshot starts to get that done first, got three so far.

Nice! The Hole Shots is probably the hardest single trophy to earn. It's not even THAT hard, it's the AI that divebomb that corner that make it harder than it needs to be. (Though sometimes you can use that to your advantage by sneaking on the inside line of the wad of bikes that inevitably happens in that first turn.

That's how I got my three holeshots :P.
Four by now, if you hold L1 and R2 before the start, and count about 6 seconds and then release L1, if you time it right, you start before the pack does. On some tracks you can make it (with some rewinds ...) to a holeshot this way.

Edited by de_digibeet

12 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

For some reason i can't Connect to the mp Servers to Access the Editor. The Last trophies i need is driving 50 custom Tracks, anyone has the same problem?

Yeah, I was just about to post the same thing. Since yesterday I’ve been getting an error “Cannot connect to milestone services” messages. I’m hoping it’s just an influx of Ps Plus users and not something that will make the online stuff impossible to do.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah, I was just about to post the same thing. Since yesterday I’ve been getting an error “Cannot connect to milestone services” messages. I’m hoping it’s just an influx of Ps Plus users and not something that will make the online stuff impossible to do.

The servers worked earlier today, after they sent a patch out this morning. Worked for a few hours then the problems resurfaced. So I think it is just an overload, and not a closure. Especially since they sent a patch out today.

1 hour ago, de_digibeet said:

That's how I got my three holeshots :P.
Four by now, if you hold L1 and R2 before the start, and count about 6 seconds and then release L1, if you time it right, you start before the pack does. On some tracks you can make it (with some rewinds ...) to a holeshot this way.

I did it a little different, but probably doesn't make a difference...

At the start I'd hit L2 to back up as far back as possible. Then Hold L1+R2 before the start for 4 seconds and release L1. Gives me a little speed as well as a jump, seemed to work pretty well for me. Once ended up beating everyone by over a second getting to the turn.

• Like 1

Good to know. Will keep trying.

In another matter, I’m finding it more difficult than expected to win races legitimately lol. Even after playing for fun and practicing last night without worrying about placing. Do you have any tips on winning? Despite having an upgraded bike I’m finding it hard to take corners and speed over the bumps without losing momentum or skidding out of bounds. Even on the easiest settings, the AI all drives like total professionals and break away from me within the first lap or 2.

Any tips? ? 

EDIT: Nevermind! The above tips were amazing and once I started doing that I was able to get a bit of a head start out of the gate, getting a couple hole shots and an early lead in the race (which is then easy to maintain using rewind). Thanks a ton both of you!

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 4