Road Map to a Quick Platinum

Wow, nice road map. I wish I had this back when I got the plat on PS Now about a month ago, the PSNT guide was great (thx Da-Eastside) but it didn't have the 670% glitch included so I played normally on easy, finished every race, and it took me about a week and a half to plat. This must make the grind so much easier... cheers ?

• Like 1

After finishing step 2 you should have enough money to fully upgrade your bike and then start step 3 and it should be easy.

Got like 80% of the trophies. Now if only i can connect to the shitty servers so i can get the rest..

Edited by XXIIlII

2 hours ago, de_digibeet said:

That's how I got my three holeshots :P.
Four by now, if you hold L1 and R2 before the start, and count about 6 seconds and then release L1, if you time it right, you start before the pack does. On some tracks you can make it (with some rewinds ...) to a holeshot this way.

1 hour ago, jdh0921 said:

I did it a little different, but probably doesn't make a difference...

At the start I'd hit L2 to back up as far back as possible. Then Hold L1+R2 before the start for 4 seconds and release L1. Gives me a little speed as well as a jump, seemed to work pretty well for me. Once ended up beating everyone by over a second getting to the turn.

My variation was a bit different as well. If your timing is precise, you can hold L2 to reverse and about 6 seconds in (maybe a second longer or shorter since I got a feel for it and not exactly timed it) accelerate with R2. Didn't hold L1 at all and I basically passed the gate right as it went down to the very second.

• Like 1

Anyone know the best way to replay a race for a main event trophy? Will selecting the track from the Single Event category count or will you have to repeat it in career mode for it to count as a main event?

The game glitched on me in Detroit. I won the race by quite a bit but my final placement was 4th place. 

No point in starting another thread so I'll ask here. Which number matters for the Inexhaustible trophy? Because on the screen with SX challanges, it shows that I've driven 155 miles, but in statistics (the ones when you press the touchpad) it shows only 98 miles covered. No trophy for 150 miles, so I'd guess the latter matters, but I could swear 50 miles trophy popped after getting them in SX challenges.

15 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

No point in starting another thread so I'll ask here. Which number matters for the Inexhaustible trophy? Because on the screen with SX challanges, it shows that I've driven 155 miles, but in statistics (the ones when you press the touchpad) it shows only 98 miles covered. No trophy for 150 miles, so I'd guess the latter matters, but I could swear 50 miles trophy popped after getting them in SX challenges.

The SX challenge one shows distance travelled in kilometres as if you look at the bar it has 1609 as the max limit on that challenge. 

So for Inexhaustible, that SX challenge would need to read 482km (which equals 300 miles). I was confused also when the 50 miles one didn't trigger initially.

51 minutes ago, groomyboy said:

The SX challenge one shows distance travelled in kilometres as if you look at the bar it has 1609 as the max limit on that challenge. 

So for Inexhaustible, that SX challenge would need to read 482km (which equals 300 miles). I was confused also when the 50 miles one didn't trigger initially.

Well that makes sense. I somehow overlooked that and it seems so obvious now. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, euantp_ said:

Read you question? DO YOU NEED 1st PLACE TO WIN?

Obviously?

"or top 3 is fine?"

Read the full question before replying.

Some games don't require you to be 1st to win, that's why i asked.

Edited by XXIIlII

15 hours ago, Mio said:

I'm only on race 6 of my first championship and I have earnt over 500k already with about 3 hours ingame time on stats, I don't think the grind is as bad if you're playing it legit. The game really isn't that difficult if you take some time to learn each track. I'm currently racing against hard AI on medium length races and winning by over 10-20 seconds, considering bumping the AI up to realistic for more credits but that might be too unforgiving. 

You do mention an important point, of doing medium length races. Those give a 250% XP bonus, which is why the grind for SX/Prestige/Mileage for you will be minimal. I'm presuming most people are doing the shorter lengths, which is what makes it a little more of a grind. Here's the different distances / XP Bonuses for people who might not be familiar if doing legitimately:

Short Races (Default) - 0% XP Bonus - Main Event lasts 3 minutes + 2 laps

Medium Races - 250% XP Bonus - Main Event lasts 10 minutes + 2 laps

Realistic Races - 500% XP Bonus - Main Event lasts 20 minutes + 2 laps

Here's what the approximately mileage you'll earn for each race depending on which modes are selected:

Short Races - 2 to 3 Miles per race.

Medium Races - 6 to 8 Miles per race.

Realistic Races - 12 to 16 Miles per race.

14 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Anyone know the best way to replay a race for a main event trophy? Will selecting the track from the Single Event category count or will you have to repeat it in career mode for it to count as a main event?

The game glitched on me in Detroit. I won the race by quite a bit but my final placement was 4th place. 

You can do this as a Single Event, doesn't have to be career mode.

While we’re all waiting for the servers to be fixed, has anyone found an alternative method for the 300 miles trophy?

I did some experimenting last night on different tracks, finding large open areas to rubber band the controller. Initially it seemed to work OK, but every time I would check on the game my rider would be stationary and driving into a wall (which doesn’t count unfortunately). It would be nice to get this one out of the way during the downtime.

18 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

While we’re all waiting for the servers to be fixed, has anyone found an alternative method for the 300 miles trophy?

I did some experimenting last night on different tracks, finding large open areas to rubber band the controller. Initially it seemed to work OK, but every time I would check on the game my rider would be stationary and driving into a wall (which doesn’t count unfortunately). It would be nice to get this one out of the way during the downtime.

I did it exactly like this, had some things to do so just left it on full throttle. You don't even need the screen, the light on the controller lets you know if your bike got stuck, just need to reverse and turn a bit to make it go again. You could go to a wider spot on a track (I think anaheim 1 has one), rubber band left stick fully left/right and put a match or something behind the right trigger so it drives slowly. You'll drive in circles, but it needs to be really slow to not get off track so I guess it won't be faster than the 'normal' method. At least it shouldn't get stuck, I've only tried it briefly to see if it'll work.

1 hour ago, the1andonly654 said:

I did it exactly like this, had some things to do so just left it on full throttle. You don't even need the screen, the light on the controller lets you know if your bike got stuck, just need to reverse and turn a bit to make it go again. You could go to a wider spot on a track (I think anaheim 1 has one), rubber band left stick fully left/right and put a match or something behind the right trigger so it drives slowly. You'll drive in circles, but it needs to be really slow to not get off track so I guess it won't be faster than the 'normal' method. At least it shouldn't get stuck, I've only tried it briefly to see if it'll work.

Thanks. I will try this and see if it’s any more successful. Ideally I’d want to do this while sleeping, but in the worse case scenario I could always do it during my playtime, and just work on a PS3 game or something. 

Edited by dieselmanchild

Why do you need to win 100 races? The trophy is for 50 wins. Or am I missing something?
And for completing 30 online tracks, can't you just ride 1 lap of time trial on an online track? Saves a lot of time for this trophy.
I thougt I unlocked "Thanks for Coming" on an online time trial map.

13 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Why do you need to win 100 races? The trophy is for 50 wins. Or am I missing something?
And for completing 30 online tracks, can't you just ride 1 lap of time trial on an online track? Saves a lot of time for this trophy.
I thougt I unlocked "Thanks for Coming" on an online time trial map.

It's 50 wins. I just brain faded when I wrote that. I have it correct on the guide, just not here. I'll fix it here, thanks for the heads up.

I think it has to be a single event, as you need to complete a Main Event for the trophy to pop. Time Attack doesn't have a main event, so it should not be able to trigger the trophy. Just tried it on a dummy account, and Time Attack wouldn't pop the trophy, even after doing 10 laps.

Just a heads up but you can easily farm the 30 custom tracks by doing a custom championship, selecting online tracks and using the retire from event to reach the required 30, you will have to do one legit afterwards for the trophies to pop but this is how I did it, much faster than having to actually finish each race individually 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jdh0921 said:

It's 50 wins. I just brain faded when I wrote that. I have it correct on the guide, just not here. I'll fix it here, thanks for the heads up.

I think it has to be a single event, as you need to complete a Main Event for the trophy to pop. Time Attack doesn't have a main event, so it should not be able to trigger the trophy. Just tried it on a dummy account, and Time Attack wouldn't pop the trophy, even after doing 10 laps.

I did this at the same time as the 50 jumps trophy. I choose timetrial because I could keep playing if I messed up. 
I did play another match before on an online track and completed it but the trophy didn't unlock. But it unlocked at the timetrial map

I used syneidesis1 method and it worked. Just make a tournament with 17 events, then a tournament with 12 events. Then you have just one event left to do. And again I started an online track in timetrial. Finished 1 lap on a short track (about 10 seconds) and all the trophies for completing 30 custom online tracks popped

2 images so you can see it is in timetrial:

5n6BJh8.jpg
xMomvkB.jpg

Edited by Mr_Marty84
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, syneidesis1 said:

Just a heads up but you can easily farm the 30 custom tracks by doing a custom championship, selecting online tracks and using the retire from event to reach the required 30, you will have to do one legit afterwards for the trophies to pop but this is how I did it, much faster than having to actually finish each race individually 

If only i knew this before getting the trophy.

Anyway i just got the plat so thanks again OP.

• Like 1