Vanquish/Bayonetta 1 Remaster Bundle 2/18/2020

DEI2EK

I remember that a remaster of this and Bayonetta in a double pack was rumoured a few years ago, but nothing came of that which was disappointing. Seems like Vanquish is definitely happening now, though, and I couldn't be happier. It's probably the best third person shooter I've played in terms of pure gameplay. So fast and fluid. The thought of getting the platinum again scares me, but if I did it once, I can do it again... :P

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I remember that a remaster of this and Bayonetta in a double pack was rumoured a few years ago, but nothing came of that which was disappointing. Seems like Vanquish is definitely happening now, though, and I couldn't be happier. It's probably the best third person shooter I've played in terms of pure gameplay. So fast and fluid. The thought of getting the platinum again scares me, but if I did it once, I can do it again... :P

funny story

still a rumor though now so 

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/12/rumour_bayonetta_joins_vanquish_in_remaster_double_pack_coming_february_2020

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DEI2EK said:

Huh... and here I thought that rumour was officially dead. :P I would love to see a Bayonetta remaster too since I haven't played it yet and the PS3 version seems kind of ass. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Huh... and here I thought that rumour was officially dead. :P I would love to see a Bayonetta remaster too since I haven't played it yet and the PS3 version seems kind of ass. :lol:

It’s very good, one of the best action games out there, though I still haven’t played the second despite owning it on both Wii U and switch

2 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

It’s very good, one of the best action games out there, though I still haven’t played the second despite owning it on both Wii U and switch

Of that I'm sure. It looks awesome! I recently bought Bayonetta 2 on Switch which comes with the first game too, but I'd rather play it with trophies. :D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Platinum just finished Astral Chain and is working on Babylon's Fall and Bayonetta 3, cut your crap.

Is Bayonetta 3 on the PS?

17 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

God forbid they release the game on another platform and allow new people to play the game for the first time. Especially when the original game wasn't even available digitally and finding a physical copy is very difficult/expensive. 

The butthurt over ports and remasters is so bizarre. 

No 'butthurt' here, I would just rather they release new games as opposed to the same ones again.

23 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

Especially when the original game wasn't even available digitally and finding a physical copy is very difficult/expensive. 

The original game is available digitally on both PS3 and 360. 

Vanquish was one of my favourite games from last gen, so I'm really looking forward to this. Not looking forward to doing challenge 6 again though.

53 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Is Bayonetta 3 on the PS?

No 'butthurt' here, I would just rather they release new games as opposed to the same ones again.

Irrelevant when the original complaint was no original ideas and I mentioned they just released a new game and are working on 2 more.

16 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Irrelevant when the original complaint was no original ideas and I mentioned they just released a new game and are working on 2 more.

Well I am a PS player hence PSN profiles so if it isn't then it is of no use to me. Throw in that the 2nd one wasn't and odds aren't great.

Not to mention I am not poking at this developer alone, I am talking the industry as a whole.

Great. Now I gotta worry about both RE3 and Vanquish (never played the original), if it's coming to PS4 also, alongside other titles this gen. Only reason I actually care for this is because of the 60fps feature. There are a couple of remastered last gen games that have remained at 30fps. Hope difficulty is around the same level as the original release, too.

I feel like I need to give Bayonetta another chance. I played it briefly a long time ago, but it didn't really appeal to me. But there are a lot of people who swear by it, so I might give this a go...

...or just find a copy of the PS3 version (or the digital version, etc.)

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

Color me interested. Vanquish was tough as nails. I came back to it around December last year and made it Platinum #99. Of course, Challenge 6 was what was holding me back originally. Pretty much, it was a heart-attack-inducing experience when I finally managed to defeat one of Bogeys at the end and needed to focus on knocking the last one out. Excellent, excellent game... Plus, butt-sliding, there's always that too. xD

GloomyAdoredAmericancrow-size_restricted

As for Bayonetta, everyone loves it but I have yet to finish the PS3 version of the game. :hmm: Not a bad title but it has failed to hook me in the long run for some reason. I just don't get it. Whatever, I'll probably end up getting this collection in the future if it does come out. There's no such thing as too much Platinum Games anyhow. :awesome: 

• Like 1