I_Will_win96

Will For Honor change trophies like Rainbow Six Siege?

11 posts in this topic

Just wondering if people think that what Ubisoft did with the trophies in Rainbow Six Siege, that we could see similar changes in other titles such as For Honor

I think it would be interesting especially for multiplayer type games to update over time, since matchmaking queues get longer and longer.

I also really want to Plat and 100% For Honor but can't for the life of me get the 5 killstreak trophy, I'm sub par at the game and can get a 3 and 4 sometimes. So I would welcome a change to the For Honor list like we saw with R6S. 

You mean, they will add new trophies to the game? Or change their image? I do not know what they did to RSS and I love For Honor so I am quite curious. Please elaborate :D (might convince me to reinstall the game)

Also to give a little hint...Learn to play either as Shugoki or Warden (shugo is a damage monster and Warden has some sick 50-50 moves), level them up until you unlock the healing abilities and always gank the enemy, be as dishonorable as possible. For that trophy, the hardest part is actually finding matches in Elimination or Skirmish. Never try to fight the guys head-on. Running can also be recommended xD 

I believe I got it in Season 4 when people were still interested in those modes..

3 minutes ago, Copanele said:

You mean, they will add new trophies to the game? Or change their image? I do not know what they did to RSS and I love For Honor so I am quite curious. Please elaborate :D (might convince me to reinstall the game)

Ubisoft had literally gone back and changed the requirements for a majority of the trophies for Rainbow Six Siege, making some easier and some harder.

Here is the updated list we have now: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4097-tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege

Playstationlifestyle has screenshots of the original list: https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/11/30/rainbow-six-siege-trophy-list-revealed-platinum-requires-reach-clearance-level-50/#/slide/1

Brain Surgeon got easier, Master is completely different, etc.

I’m not sure if a rework is viable to For Honor as it was for R6S.

The old Siege list was mostly T-Hunt related trophies and very grindy and it’s the least played mode in the game. The new ones are almost all required to do in Casual or Ranked.

Ooooh I see, ok , thanks for the clarification. No, I doubt Ubisoft will bother with For Honor. The game is pretty solid as it is trophy-wise. At most they'd update the For Honor! trophy where you have to see the results at the end of a season to unlock it

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Ooooh I see, ok , thanks for the clarification. No, I doubt Ubisoft will bother with For Honor. The game is pretty solid as it is trophy-wise. At most they'd update the For Honor! trophy where you have to see the results at the end of a season to unlock it

Is this one a must play pal? I thought it looked awesome on release, I just haven't got round to it.

4 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Is this one a must play pal? I thought it looked awesome on release, I just haven't got round to it.

For Honor is a game you either love or hate with a passion.

To explain: the game's principles are amazing. You have unique combat, stances, solid customization and mechanics and some awesome modes, from 1on1 duels to 2v2, siege modes, domination, capture the flag etc. Graphics are also top notch. I mean...where else can you put an armored knight vs a Samurai ?

But in practice...it's an Ubisoft game. Which means servers and connectivity are kinda meh (they were utter shit in the first seasons when they were p2p, now they are dedicated servers so the connectivity is still ok), on consoles you have to be lucky to parry certain attacks (due to console limitations, your movements are a frame too late, this issue is fixed on PC) and the characters are imbalanced in regular duels. The main focus of the game seems to be 4v4 matches, because regarding duels some characters are OP (Berserker) while others are really weak (Centurion). What is worse, some modes (Elimination, Skirmish and Tribute) are dead, nobody plays those.

Also Ubisoft has a nasty tendency to ...nerf some characters while buffing others and messing everything around based on some stupid numbers and statistics. I gave up trying to follow how they buff and nerf characters, most of the time it makes no sense.

Honestly play this game if you find it interesting, I think it even was for free on PSPlus at one time. It's an awesome game but...you know, the devil is in the details. I could get past all its outcomes and have massive fun with the game, but I also understand the frustration of those who try it and hate it. It's just not for everyone. Myself, I played Warden for the Deus Vult memes and because he looks sick in the shiny armor.

One rule must be set in stone though : Avoid the community like the plague. And I mean the reddit community. Trust me you don't want to go there xD 

I never even knew they did this too Siege. I mean at least all of us original holders have the timestamps to show our pain from grinding terrorist hunt over and over. But man it sucks alot not seeing my 2,500 kills trophies that trophy was so bugged most people didn't hit it till at least 3k or more kills instead.

I hope so, Rainow Six Siege is a 1/10 Difficulty now, I hope they do the same for this Game.

I never express myself about this hackneyed topic (perceived elitism vs perceived levelling down) because it always derails, but I, for one, would feel strongly against it.

It's enough already to see so many fillers and shovelwares produced to cater to a specific audience, I certainly hope Ubisoft doesn't scale down the trophy requirements for For Honour. The OP define themselves as "sub par" (not my words); well, sorry (really) but tough luck. This game is a mainly PvP game relying on skills, build, gear, etc. that has nearly 6k plat owners on this website alone. It's far from impossible and scaling it down would feel unfair to me, almost an insult to the skill and dedication of all the people that got it before.

It's not like it needs a patch to fix a glitchy trophy, nor one with ludicrous requirements, like the ones they had for Shopaholic in Tomb Raider (2013), where they patched it so that you didn't have to grind senselessly to get to the point where you could buy The General (which didn't require skill or whatnot, just a humungous load of time of doing the same uninteresting things).

/rant (sorry, I'm usually a jolly fellow, but screw me if I'm not tired of reading bollocks like that :)).

^ as someone who has the plat for this game and just a person in general, I think you're taking trophies way too seriously. I couldn't care less if they switch the requirements to something easier, not that they will. 

At the end of the day, it's about having fun. And For Honor certainly was a fun game for me. It's a shame that Elimination is supposedly dead. That was always a lot of fun.