Sony says it is "no longer" interested in making handheld consoles.

TazDevilz1986

I leave Vita only when somehow there is a Vita style controller (like Stadia) that allows me to play PS4/PS5 games lag free with all the wifi everywhere world that we are supposed to be living in soon.

Google Stadia sucks, but the same system but with a VIta connecting to PS4, then now you have my attention. Using Vita to play PS4 games while at home is awesome, even with the crappy way you have to touch the screen to use L2, L3, R2 and R3 but if I can have that accessible on the move. Yeah then I'll be happy with leaving Vita to RIP.

People play phone games all the time on public transport, because let's be real - what's the alternative? The Vita isn't for everybody and pretty much dust in the wind nowadays, the 3DS is old news too and the Switch basically needs a bag to carry around. Like there is absolutely no competition whatsoever.

I still use my Vita all the time. Commuting sucks and the Vita makes it so much better. Sony dropping it like that makes me sad.

• Like 2

Not loving this news, but I'm not too surprised by it either. One thing I hate about mobile is that with few exceptions, phone games generally use touch screen.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sony come up with a PlayStation branded mobile controller for $100 or less.

I'll keep and play my Vita until (God forbid) it breaks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Most handfield "gamers" are casuals, and casuals only play phone/mobile "games" like Candy Crush, they don't know/care about PS Vita or 3DS. Nothing else.

And Sony should release a big update removing all cheaters (players who used HENkaku cheats to get impossible scores of 1 Billion in a game) from leaderboards. I'm sick of seeing cheaters in leaderboards of games like Unit 13 and COD Black Ops Declassified.

• Like 1