Finally Posting

InvaderJakee

Hey everyone! I'm "new" here. I made a profile here what seems like years ago, but never really got involved with the community here. I've been playing games a lot more recently and thought that I should finally post here. I'm not really a trophy hunter, I have limited time to dedicate to that, but I do enjoy setting goals in games that I do enjoy playing.

Some info about myself: I work at a custom cabinet shop drafting shop plans in CAD software and programming a CNC machine in CAM Software.

I drink 1-5 cups of coffee a day depending on circumstances, gotta make it through the day somehow.

I absolutely love music, I'm currently learning Cakewalk by Bandlab. My past experience has only been Ableton and Garage Band. My favorite instrument to play is Guitar, but I know a few others (not quite as well, some I haven't touched in years.)

Some of my favorite games of all time include The Legend of Dragoon, Vagrant Story, KH Series, FF10 (not a fan of FF10-2, sorry), The Last of Us, The Elder Scrolls (specifically Oblivion) Borderlands Series, Horizon Zero Dawn, and I'm sure I could name 100 more.

I play a bunch of games all at "once" because I easily get bored and like to switch things up.

SO I'm currently playing:

Death Stranding (phenomenal in a way that can't be explained without playing it)

MediEvil (Missed this as a kid, having fun with it now.)

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (Just started this with a few buddies)

Borderlands GOTY (Actually hunting the trophies here, but need someone for the Co-op trophies.)

and Smite on and off with some other friends.

I'm not too worried about my completion rate, but I would like more platinum trophies. Maybe some of you guys can help. or give me the motivation I need!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Welcome and hit up the Gaming Sessions for some Co-Op to meet some members or hunt for some trophies.

I'll definitely be doing this! Just need a couple co-op trophies in BL. Thought about getting one of my buddies to do it couch co-op but he's not gonna be getting off Iceborne anytime soon lol. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Welcome from the shadows! Iceborne is sooooo good! :D You have listed some great games. :] Enjoy your continued stay and happy hunting!

Thank you! I was really shocked when I looked at the amount of content Iceborne has. It's such a steal at it's price. Only fought the first 2 new monsters, so I've got a lot to do there. Was thinking about going for both base game and Iceborne plat. That'll take me a good collective 1000 hours (at least) with all the crowns.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, InvaderJakee said:

Thank you! I was really shocked when I looked at the amount of content Iceborne has. It's such a steal at it's price. Only fought the first 2 new monsters, so I've got a lot to do there. Was thinking about going for both base game and Iceborne plat. That'll take me a good collective 1000 hours (at least) with all the crowns.

Yea, the amount of content is crazy. And lots of the new monsters are really fun to fight. 1000 hours is probably on the longer side of it, tbh. I did the base game in ~340 hours, with lots of hunting with friends and not going for trophies. But yea, it is a LONG plat, but it is SO SATISFYING to complete it. I am def going to make Iceborne plat another milestone :D

2 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Yea, the amount of content is crazy. And lots of the new monsters are really fun to fight. 1000 hours is probably on the longer side of it, tbh. I did the base game in ~340 hours, with lots of hunting with friends and not going for trophies. But yea, it is a LONG plat, but it is SO SATISFYING to complete it. I am def going to make Iceborne plat another milestone :D

1000 hours might have been a bit of hyperbole lol, but yeah its definitely gonna take me some time. Good thing the game is so much fun though, and the co-op aspect makes the time go by faster. I'll probably be grinding on this for a while!

• Like 1

Welcome @InvaderJakee.  Be careful getting too close to @Squirlruler (aka SquirlGod), he says he wants to play games like Borderlands GOTY edition with you, and then just never plays ... or maybe that was me?  Either way, watch out for him.

Sounds like you will fit in here just fine, and I hope you meet lots of fun people to go through this trophy hunting journey with.  I look forward to seeing you around.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jaia2442 said:

Hi and welcome. 1f44b.png

I saw you listed Oblivion as one of your favorite games. It's one of mine too but hate the fact that it doesn't have trophy support. Would be nice to have a Oblivion platinum in my collection.

I would absolutely love if Oblivion had a trophy list. I put so many hours into that game. Me and my buddy always go back and forth with Oblivion vs. Skyrim lol. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Skyrim, but Oblivion was just it for me.

17 hours ago, Sir_Bee said:

Welcome @InvaderJakee.  Be careful getting too close to @Squirlruler (aka SquirlGod), he says he wants to play games like Borderlands GOTY edition with you, and then just never plays ... or maybe that was me?  Either way, watch out for him.

Sounds like you will fit in here just fine, and I hope you meet lots of fun people to go through this trophy hunting journey with.  I look forward to seeing you around.

Hahaha I'll keep my eyes open. I really need to post in the Gaming Sessions, I'll do that after work today. Thank you for the welcome, I'm sure I'll be around for a while!

• Like 2