Winds-of-Neptune

Some Important Tips for RE HD you may not know.

49 posts in this topic

I have never played an RE game before but bought this off of a sale a while ago. Will use what ever tips I can

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I have never played an RE game before but bought this off of a sale a while ago. Will use what ever tips I can

 

Glad I could help. :)👍

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. This would be great once I start the game. I don't know why but I feel I'm purposely putting it off. The early RE all scares me. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 10:56 PM, NERVergoproxy said:

Thank you. This would be great once I start the game. I don't know why but I feel I'm purposely putting it off. The early RE all scares me. 

 

I put it off for the longest time.  But decided to go for it.  It is a good game.  Takes a while to get used to the controls and gameplay but you will get it down soon enough.  There is alot of strategy and item management involved with the game.  Minimum is 3 playthroughs but that is for the pros.  I'm on my 6th playthrough now which isnt bad because you will get right into the game after some hours and your first playthrough.  It is quite a challenge if you are going for the platinum.  Much patience.

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Winds-of-Neptune said:

Feel free to add your tips, I will adjust the thread and credit you as well.

 

A minor one, but: zombies on stairs can't grab and bite you, their only attack in this case is vomit which is quite easy to avoid. So feel free to run into them when pushing past if you fear you might be surrounded.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AFRising said:

 

A minor one, but: zombies on stairs can't grab and bite you, their only attack in this case is vomit which is quite easy to avoid. So feel free to run into them when pushing past if you fear you might be surrounded.

 

Added, thank you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get Rebecca to heal your wounds for a "free" heal in the medical room and i think on another later occasion also?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More general tips than for pure survival.
Stair skating can help with the speed run trophy. Rapidly pressing x on stairs is a lot faster than just running down it normally.
Saving Richard must be done in 5 minutes or he will die. The antidote can be found in the medical room where Rebecca is.
Combining ammo and guns in the inventory is faster than just reloading in game.
Jill is weaker than Chris in terms of health, but has 8 inventory slots instead of 6.
Aiming a weapon then pressing up or down actually aims your weapon. I believe, that aiming a shotgun up towards a zombies head is 100% critical chance.
In invisible mode you can actually see zombies in mirrors and water puddles.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 4:49 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

I have never played an RE game before but bought this off of a sale a while ago. Will use what ever tips I can

Hopefully you like the series. I enjoy them very much

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 1:08 AM, BestUsername---- said:

More general tips than for pure survival.
Stair skating can help with the speed run trophy. Rapidly pressing x on stairs is a lot faster than just running down it normally.
Saving Richard must be done in 5 minutes or he will die. The antidote can be found in the medical room where Rebecca is.
Combining ammo and guns in the inventory is faster than just reloading in game.
Jill is weaker than Chris in terms of health, but has 8 inventory slots instead of 6.
Aiming a weapon then pressing up or down actually aims your weapon. I believe, that aiming a shotgun up towards a zombies head is 100% critical chance.
In invisible mode you can actually see zombies in mirrors and water puddles.

 

Thank you for the great tips.  Will add them shortly.  Although I don't think the shotgun is always 100% critical while aiming at zombies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more for you - while aiming with L1, you can hit L2 (I think it’s L2 anyway, may want to check) to auto-aim at the closest zombie. It’s useful when aiming at enemies that are off-screen, and also because the camera is a bit awkward in this game at times.

 

Doesn't work on Hard/Pure Survival though. Not sure about Invisible Enemies, I did that as my knife-only run (that was a mistake...wouldn’t recommend trying this) so I never had to aim.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

One more for you - while aiming with L1, you can hit L2 (I think it’s L2 anyway, may want to check) to auto-aim at the closest zombie. It’s useful when aiming at enemies that are off-screen, and also because the camera is a bit awkward in this game at times.

 

Doesn't work on Hard/Pure Survival though. Not sure about Invisible Enemies, I did that as my knife-only run (that was a mistake...wouldn’t recommend trying this) so I never had to aim.

 

Thanks will add soon.  Auto aim is disabled for Invisible Enemies & Hard/Survival Mode.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great tips and tricks. 👍

 

I got the game a while ago through PS Plus, but I haven't played it because I suck at speedruns. :facepalm:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/12/2019 at 3:01 AM, Winds-of-Neptune said:

 

I put it off for the longest time.  But decided to go for it.  It is a good game.  Takes a while to get used to the controls and gameplay but you will get it down soon enough.  There is alot of strategy and item management involved with the game.  Minimum is 4 playthroughs but that is for the pros.  I'm on my 6th playthrough now which isnt bad because you will get right into the game after some hours and your first playthrough.  It is quite a challenge if you are going for the platinum.  Much patience.

 

I guess irrelevant, but its actually 3 minimum playthroughs buddy ;)

Edited by Optinooby
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Optinooby said:

 

I guess irrelevant, but its actually 3 minimum playthroughs buddy ;)

 

Oops... thanks I'll fix that.  Combining your knife only and invisible enemies playthrough is not recommended for your sanity though. 😁

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Winds-of-Neptune said:

 

Oops... thanks I'll fix that.  Combining your knife only and invisible enemies playthrough is not recommended for your sanity though. 1f601.png

 

Tell me about it, when I look back on it, I have no idea what I was thinking

 

Plant 42 knife only when you cant see the tentacles was an absolute nightmare.

 

Worse thing is that I actually put it into a guide expecting it be helpful for others lol.

 

Now I know better, 4 is more comfortable ;)

 

Its crazy how many playthroughs the older REs needed, and yet RE7 needs a miniumum 2 and RE2R needs a minimum 2.7.

 

Hopefully RE3 will be 2ish as well ;)

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/12/2019 at 9:57 AM, Optinooby said:

 

I guess irrelevant, but its actually 3 minimum playthroughs buddy ;)

Only if you load your save file in the ending

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did my playthroughs like this...but only because I played GameCube version so I had some more experience.

1. Knife only on Very Easy with Chris, Rebecca and Jill saved.
2. Speedrun on Normal with Jill, No one saved.
3. Pure Survival with Jill, Barry and Chris saved
4. Nook and Cranny on Normal with Jill with the infinite rocket launcher, No one saved.
5. No Save Run with Jill on Very Easy with Rocket Launcher, No one saved.
6. Invisible Mode with Chris on Very Easy, No one saved

Wait, sorry. I meant I finished my first run with knife only on very easy with Chris, not Jill. Trust me do it with Chris, you won't need the extra inventory space for ammo, but you will need the extra health.

This way since I didn't beat it with Chris on Normal,  I didn't have to worry about the bomber zombie. I think 6 playthroughs is doable for a newbie to the series.

Some more info on my runs.

  • I finished my first run (knife only) in less than 5 hours and actually had the infinite handgun for the speed run, but I don't think that's needed since you will have to dodge almost all the enemies and use other weapons in order to effectively speed run.
  • I chose Jill for Pure Survival because of her 8 inventory slots and by the time you do this mode your health shouldn't be a problem. So you should be able to hold more key items.
  • Nook and Cranny I did on normal instead of very easy because on lower difficulties there are more items to pick up and even with Jill you will have to backtrack and re-enter rooms. Very Hard has barley any items but Normal is fine as you can drop items and use health items if you need to pick up other items.
  • You can probably combine the no save run and speedrun playthroughs into one if you're feeling adventurous. 
Edited by BestUsername----
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MNBHjkli said:

Only if you load your save file in the ending

 

Oh yea, you're right, I did do that actually! Did it about 4 years ago so vaguely remember but as I said to the TC, it was VERY STUPID routing considering I did it for others lol

 

Doubt any wants to see but just in case, here is first part and you should find others from this

 

Edited by Optinooby
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might actually give it a try at this platinum, it would be nice to have this and RE2 and RE3 remakes in a raw.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2020 at 0:53 AM, tosSx17 said:

I might actually give it a try at this platinum, it would be nice to have this and RE2 and RE3 remakes in a raw.

 

Yes, do it!! 😃👍

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m on a mad RE hype rn. I used to play this game on the DS and the PSP a lot, but never experienced the Remaster. Since I’m afraid of the huge spiders, I wanted to complete the first run with a video walkthrough within 3 hours. Can I use the inf rocket launcher for every other run then? 
my plan is to get this thing to clear out the spiders ASAP before I have to look at them for too long 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

I’m on a mad RE hype rn. I used to play this game on the DS and the PSP a lot, but never experienced the Remaster. Since I’m afraid of the huge spiders, I wanted to complete the first run with a video walkthrough within 3 hours. Can I use the inf rocket launcher for every other run then? 
my plan is to get this thing to clear out the spiders ASAP before I have to look at them for too long 

No, you can't use the infinite launcher for Real Survival and Invisible Enemies modes and a knife only run.. But everything else other than those game modes you can use it. I recommend using the infinite rocket for Nook and Cranny and No Save trophies.



Also I don't know if you didn't notice @Winds-of-Neptune but I changed some info that didn't make it into your initial post. 
 

did my playthroughs like this...but only because I played GameCube version so I had some more experience.

1. Knife only on Very Easy with Chris, Rebecca and Jill saved.
2. Speedrun on Normal with Jill, No one saved.
3. Pure Survival with Jill, Barry and Chris saved
4. Nook and Cranny on Normal with Jill with the infinite rocket launcher, No one saved.
5. No Save Run with Jill on Very Easy with Rocket Launcher, No one saved.
6. Invisible Mode with Chris on Very Easy, No one saved

I finished my first run with knife only on very easy with Chris, not Jill. Trust me do it with Chris, you won't need the extra inventory space for ammo, but you will need the extra health.

This way since I didn't beat it with Chris on Normal,  I didn't have to worry about the bomber zombie. I think 6 playthroughs is doable for a newbie to the series.

Some more info on my runs.

  • I finished my first run (knife only) in less than 5 hours and actually had the infinite handgun for the speed run, but I don't think that's needed since you will have to dodge almost all the enemies and use other weapons in order to effectively speed run.
  • I chose Jill for Pure Survival because of her 8 inventory slots and by the time you do this mode your health shouldn't be a problem. So you should be able to hold more key items.
  • Nook and Cranny I did on normal instead of very easy because on lower difficulties there are more items to pick up and even with Jill you will have to backtrack and re-enter rooms. Very Hard has barley any items but Normal is fine as you can drop items and use health items if you need to pick up other items.
  • You can probably combine the no save run and speedrun playthroughs into one if you're feeling adventurous. 
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 8:08 AM, BestUsername---- said:

No, you can't use the infinite launcher for Real Survival and Invisible Enemies modes and a knife only run.. But everything else other than those game modes you can use it. I recommend using the infinite rocket for Nook and Cranny and No Save trophies.



Also I don't know if you didn't notice @Winds-of-Neptune but I changed some info that didn't make it into your initial post. 
 

did my playthroughs like this...but only because I played GameCube version so I had some more experience.

1. Knife only on Very Easy with Chris, Rebecca and Jill saved.
2. Speedrun on Normal with Jill, No one saved.
3. Pure Survival with Jill, Barry and Chris saved
4. Nook and Cranny on Normal with Jill with the infinite rocket launcher, No one saved.
5. No Save Run with Jill on Very Easy with Rocket Launcher, No one saved.
6. Invisible Mode with Chris on Very Easy, No one saved

I finished my first run with knife only on very easy with Chris, not Jill. Trust me do it with Chris, you won't need the extra inventory space for ammo, but you will need the extra health.

This way since I didn't beat it with Chris on Normal,  I didn't have to worry about the bomber zombie. I think 6 playthroughs is doable for a newbie to the series.

Some more info on my runs.

  • I finished my first run (knife only) in less than 5 hours and actually had the infinite handgun for the speed run, but I don't think that's needed since you will have to dodge almost all the enemies and use other weapons in order to effectively speed run.
  • I chose Jill for Pure Survival because of her 8 inventory slots and by the time you do this mode your health shouldn't be a problem. So you should be able to hold more key items.
  • Nook and Cranny I did on normal instead of very easy because on lower difficulties there are more items to pick up and even with Jill you will have to backtrack and re-enter rooms. Very Hard has barley any items but Normal is fine as you can drop items and use health items if you need to pick up other items.
  • You can probably combine the no save run and speedrun playthroughs into one if you're feeling adventurous. 


Great info!!  Thanks for adding this,  I have since moved on from the game but always appreciate the help that is given to people who are new to this game.  

^friend request sent^

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.