Unobtainable Platinum?

Holy_Nolly

As the title says the platinum for this game may be unobtainable. Or at least it will be once the new league starts on December 16th.

A few things to note before iI explain. This post involves the trophy Unforgettable which involves acquiring all Shaper memory fragments. If you already have this trophy, there is nothing to worry about. Feel free to still read and speculate if you wish. The other thing to keep in mind is this is just MY theory please do not take it as fact but keep it in mind and take precautions if you are going for platinum. I merely want to it it out there and warn you all just in case.

Starting with the new league Conquerors of the Atlas the endgame is changing. I am providing a link so you can read the changes Here. As you can see the atlas and the endgame story is changing. The only way to get the Shaper memory fragments is by progressing Zana’s quest line in the endgame. But since the endgame is changing, Zana’s quest line is changing as well. The Shaper and Elder are no longer going to main bosses in the endgame. In fact they’re going to be rarer to battle making the trophy Shaper of Worlds harder to get if you don’t have that one already. But since the Shaper and Elder are no longer the endgame story, that tells me the Shaper memory fragments will no longer be part of the endgame making the Unforgettable trophy unobtainable as well as the platinum. Again, this is just my theory. I don’t know what Grinding Gears Game plan is for this if any but I wanted to warn all the trophy hunters out there that if you do not have either Unforgettable or Shaper of Worlds yet, get them now. Respectively, one maybe obtainable and the other more difficult to get. Thanks for your time in reading this and happy hunting to you.

• Like 3

Shaper will still be around, and his guardians will supposedly still drop fragments. So it wont be impossible to get them, but it is going to become a major pain in the ass to do. Much like breach stones and Abaxoth he will now be RNG and expensive. If you can get it done now I would recommend it, same with finishing the maps. I have no shot at that as I still need Perandus and a few others, but if you are close now is the time to push. I had someone tell me early today that they are removing shaper guardian maps, and maybe vaal pyramid, so doing all the red maps may be easier next league. 

10 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

Shaper will still be around, and his guardians will supposedly still drop fragments. So it wont be impossible to get them, but it is going to become a major pain in the ass to do. Much like breach stones and Abaxoth he will now be RNG and expensive. If you can get it done now I would recommend it, same with finishing the maps. I have no shot at that as I still need Perandus and a few others, but if you are close now is the time to push. I had someone tell me early today that they are removing shaper guardian maps, and maybe vaal pyramid, so doing all the red maps may be easier next league. 

I’ve heard the same about the Shaper and his fragments. It’s even stated in the source link I posted. The main problem is the Shaper Fragments which drop while running Zana’s quest line. They may fix the trophy to something else but since the endgame is changing and the Shaper memory fragments not the guardian fragments were part of the end game the platinum would be impossible. I already have both those trophies but wanted to let others know. I still need a few others though, like the map one. Only have 4 unique maps to do. Vinktar Square, Halls of the Grandmaster, Doyarni Machinarium and Perandus Manor. We’ll see how the map trophy will work come next League.

6 hours ago, Holy_Nolly said:

I’ve heard the same about the Shaper and his fragments. It’s even stated in the source link I posted. The main problem is the Shaper Fragments which drop while running Zana’s quest line. They may fix the trophy to something else but since the endgame is changing and the Shaper memory fragments not the guardian fragments were part of the end game the platinum would be impossible. I already have both those trophies but wanted to let others know. I still need a few others though, like the map one. Only have 4 unique maps to do. Vinktar Square, Halls of the Grandmaster, Doyarni Machinarium and Perandus Manor. We’ll see how the map trophy will work come next League.

I may have misread. I thought they were saying the guardians will now drop the memory fragments, but I was half asleep when I posted that. They were quick to fix the locomancer trophy so I hope they will be quick with this one. Its definitely something you want to get done now though if you can.

It's hard to tell what will happen, but one way or another the Atlas as a whole is going to be seriously messed up that's for sure. That's why I rushed and farmed currency like crazy to be done with all Atlas maps, including all the ridiculously expensive uniques, and also completed Zana quest before the end of Blight. I already experienced two new leagues in the past and learned my lesson.

What actually makes the platinum close to unobtainable for me right now is freaking Abaxoth so I pray every night that we get the Beyond mod back.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

I asked on the official forum and got this reply:

"The descriptions aren't updated, but they're unlocked using the new conditions as PC has. We'll look at addressing this in future."

I haven't had time to look at how the PC achievements changed but according to this GGG reply everything should be obtainable.

Edited by JxhanF

35 minutes ago, WerneyPark said:

Well, descriptions have changed, The individual map trophies apparently do not need to complete them, just change / link the atlas. but you still have to complete them all, so it doesn't change much of the platinum.

Reveal hidden contents

Ti2VF6C.png

gOko7Fr.png

Interesting. They still have not changed on PS4.

36 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Just want to wish good luck to all of you guys that need to complete the Atlas under the new requirements. I've read a bit about it and getting the required number of watchstones sounds grindy, complicated and RNG as fuck. I'm so glad to be out of this mess.

To put it mildly, it sucks. The Exile fights are no joke and it takes about 5 maps per watch, and they need to be certain ones. Im kicking myself for not pushing to get it done last week. Actually have a question for you. When you did the all maps trophy, did you do the bonus requirements or did you just do the maps. If I don't have to mess around with corrupted maps things will be a bit easier. 

12 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

To put it mildly, it sucks. The Exile fights are no joke and it takes about 5 maps per watch, and they need to be certain ones. Im kicking myself for not pushing to get it done last week. Actually have a question for you. When you did the all maps trophy, did you do the bonus requirements or did you just do the maps. If I don't have to mess around with corrupted maps things will be a bit easier. 

I did all the bonuses and got a 159/159 Atlas once I got my last map completed (Hall of Grandmasters) and my trophy. However I'm positive that this is (was?) not required. My friend was nowhere near the same completion and got the trophy anyway. I only did it because I mostly relied on selling high tier maps for my currency and wanted to increase their drop rate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

I did all the bonuses and got a 159/159 Atlas once I got my last map completed (Hall of Grandmasters) and my trophy. However I'm positive that this is (was?) not required. My friend was nowhere near the same completion and got the trophy anyway. I only did it because I mostly relied on selling high tier maps for my currency and wanted to increase their drop rate.

Gotcha. I don't mind doing Alched maps, but some of the corrupted ones get hard. Dont want to over complicate it. 

Edited by XileLerinril

15 hours ago, WerneyPark said:

Well, descriptions have changed, The individual map trophies apparently do not need to complete them, just change / link the atlas. but you still have to complete them all, so it doesn't change much of the platinum.

Reveal hidden contents

Ti2VF6C.png

gOko7Fr.png

I heard back from a GGG community manager on the POE forums. The trophy requirements are the same as they are on pc, the actual descriptions are wrong now. They said they plan to change them, but it will be a while since apparently it is a lengthy process. This makes the platinum quite a bit harder, as the watch stones are quite hard to get. If you had shaper on farm then it likely wont be an issue, but if you struggled with him then this is going to be near impossible for you. I can do level two watchstones but three and up kick my ass. You need 40 watch stones in total and by the time you get about 12 or so you need to fight all level three exiles. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

I heard back from a GGG community manager on the POE forums. The trophy requirements are the same as they are on pc, the actual descriptions are wrong now. They said they plan to change them, but it will be a while since apparently it is a lengthy process. This makes the platinum quite a bit harder, as the watch stones are quite hard to get. If you had shaper on farm then it likely wont be an issue, but if you struggled with him then this is going to be near impossible for you. I can do level two watchstones but three and up kick my ass. You need 40 watch stones in total and by the time you get about 12 or so you need to fight all level three exiles. 

Yeah, I was talking to my brother yesterday about this (he plays on the computer), and it seems kind of really annoying.

As for completing the maps, I remember that I didn't have to make the bonuses, I did, because my brother says he was good at winning items and blablabla, but a friend who played with me didn't and won the same trophies.

1 hour ago, KingTom95 said:

I wanted to start PoE but now im quite confused because of the current patch.

Can someone please explain me whats the major difference now?

The endgame of POE, known as the Atlas, has undergone a massive overhaul as of December 13th. Its related quest (helping Zana defeat the Shaper) has been deleted and replaced by a brand new one, while its core mechanics, as well as the related trophy requirements, have also completely changed, making the Atlas even more grindy and hardcore than it was before. Also, some former bosses like the Shaper still exist and still are a trophy requirement, but will be much harder to find due to RNG.

The main part of the game (i.e. the 10-act campaign) is unchanged, except for the new league mechanics as usual.

Basically the platinum is still doable, but even longer and more difficult than before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTom95 said:

I wanted to start PoE but now im quite confused because of the current patch.

Can someone please explain me whats the major difference now?

For what it's worth if you have the option to play on PC I would recommend you do it there. The market price on PS4 is insanely expensive compared to pc, what would costs a few Chaos on pc will likely costs hundreds on PS4. This makes getting basic gear or maps, ect a pain. POE is designed around player driven trade, but it does not really work as well on PS4. Secondly this game runs like shit on ps4, like really bad. I crash at least once an hour with the new patch, usually more. Movement skills, which are a key part of end game, dont work properly. The game cant figure out where you are, so you will teleport/dash/blink/whatever in a direction and then the game will snap you back to where you started. This is unbelievably annoying, and will get you killed later on. Add in some awkward controls, mostly because this game really needs a mouse and keyboard, and it gets frustrating. If you do decide to play on PS4 be advised that it will likely take around 3-400 hours now, maybe 200 if you can get someone to kill all the hard shit for you, and its going to be grindy and tedious for a lot of it. Also it seems they changed one of the trophies, as you can not currently do what is needed to unlock it. So now it unlocks as soon as you make a character. If you care about your completion percent then be aware of that. 

• Like 1

@JeManquedHygiene Thanks for answering my question.

2 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

For what it's worth if you have the option to play on PC I would recommend you do it there. The market price on PS4 is insanely expensive compared to pc, what would costs a few Chaos on pc will likely costs hundreds on PS4. This makes getting basic gear or maps, ect a pain. POE is designed around player driven trade, but it does not really work as well on PS4. Secondly this game runs like shit on ps4, like really bad. I crash at least once an hour with the new patch, usually more. Movement skills, which are a key part of end game, dont work properly. The game cant figure out where you are, so you will teleport/dash/blink/whatever in a direction and then the game will snap you back to where you started. This is unbelievably annoying, and will get you killed later on. Add in some awkward controls, mostly because this game really needs a mouse and keyboard, and it gets frustrating. If you do decide to play on PS4 be advised that it will likely take around 3-400 hours now, maybe 200 if you can get someone to kill all the hard shit for you, and its going to be grindy and tedious for a lot of it. Also it seems they changed one of the trophies, as you can not currently do what is needed to unlock it. So now it unlocks as soon as you make a character. If you care about your completion percent then be aware of that. 

I actually started the game on PC half a year ago, one of the reasons i wanted to play the game on PS4 is because the platinum looks interesting.

The game obviously has better performance on a PC and better optimization, i wouldnt mind to much but after reading your post im not sure if the games is fun enough with these kind of bugs.

PoE would be a long time plat for me anyways so i might just get the basics done on PC and look out for further Patches on PS4 and start there whenever things are fixed.

Thx for your answer.

Edited by KingTom95

2 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

@JeManquedHygiene Thanks for answering my question.

I actually started the game on PC half a year ago, one of the reasons i wanted to play the game on PS4 is because the platinum looks interesting.

The game obviously has better performance on a PC and better optimization, i wouldnt mind to much but after reading your post im not sure if the games is fun enough with these kind of bugs.

PoE would be a long time plat for me anyways so i might just get the basics done on PC and look out for further Patches on PS4 and start there whenever things are fixed.

Thx for your answer.

Prior to 3.9 the performance was annoying but not back breaking, other then the rubber banding with movement skills. After 3.9 the game is a mess, and crashes all the time. It seems that PC is having the same issues as well, so I expect to have this addressed at some point. It is definitely worth waiting for now. I played D2 back in the day, did ubers ect, I have a couple of years in path on pc, and more than a thousand hours on D3, so I am fairly experienced with these style of games, lag and all. This is the first time I have actively disliked playing a game like this and plan to drop it as soon as I plat it. Which is a shame, because its a good game being buried under performance issues.