Estimated time to Platinum?

For people who are playing this, how much time do you think it will take to get the Platinum trophy? The trophy list looks like it's based around stuff relating to the story, like reaching a certain time age etc, but does the game in any way show how far the player is in terms of this, to give an idea of how long this stuff takes? Since nobody has gotten the Platinum trophy for this yet, I'm aware it can only be rough estimates.

I think the game looks sort of interesting, but there are some horror stories about it being very grindy, which I'm not in the mood for.

Edited by Maahniac
  • Like 1

HowLongToBeat reports one completionist time of 60 hours on PC but it's just one person and I don't know if there are similar achievements etc. No matter what, it does look like a fairly long game (some people here have been playing this game for a few days now and no-one is at more than 40% completion). 

On 12/6/2019 at 7:56 AM, Maahniac said:

For people who are playing this, how much time do you think it will take to get the Platinum trophy? The trophy list looks like it's based around stuff relating to the story, like reaching a certain time age etc, but does the game in any way show how far the player is in terms of this, to give an idea of how long this stuff takes? Since nobody has gotten the Platinum trophy for this yet, I'm aware it can only be rough estimates.

I think the game looks sort of interesting, but there are some horror stories about it being very grindy, which I'm not in the mood for.

This game is not for you, then. It is indeed very grindy. The way that game progress is set up, you're measured by the amount of years ago (in millions) starting at 10 million, and you get a certain amount of years of progress (usually around 25,000-35,000) for each milestone you hit. Any non-natural death of a clan member sets you back 25,000 years for each death. Births also give you years of progress, but I'm not sure how by much (I just know it's lower than what the penalty for each death is).

My personal experience is that I got the Millennium Man trophy at around 17 hours of playtime and at the "7.1 million years ago" mark.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tiaami said:

This game is not for you, then. It is indeed very grindy. The way that game progress is set up, you're measured by the amount of years ago (in millions) starting at 10 million, and you get a certain amount of years of progress (usually around 25,000-35,000) for each milestone you hit. Any non-natural death of a clan member sets you back 25,000 years for each death. Births also give you years of progress, but I'm not sure how by much (I just know it's lower than what the penalty for each death is).

My personal experience is that I got the Millennium Man trophy at around 17 hours of playtime and at the "7.1 million years ago" mark.

Putting the grind aside, is it a well-made game and do you enjoy it? I have to admit that the premise is super interesting and it looks like a game I might want to play at some point.

I agree with Tiaami.

This game might not be enjoyable for everyone. Personally I like games where I can do whatever I like, and not where I am told to now do A, and then do B etc. The game is super fun to play. The start is rough, but as soon as you get a bit the hang out of it it is getting better. Everything you do is kinda a strougle, but a nice one. Figuring out a new recipe of having explored a new area feel so rewarding it is crazy. A lot of times I find myself traveling around, trying to avoid that nasty sabretooth tiger who sure likes eating my monkies.

In the evolution bar there is a sort of progress bar on how far you are with the game. When doing an Evolution jump you progress through time faster based on what you have explored/discovered. On the other hand, i am more focussing on developing my neuron network and learning new skills, and moving through the generations. The game is a lot of fun. And it is unique for sure. I am in no hurry to complete it. If you just want to play it for a easy Platinum. Don't do it, you won't like the game. On the other hand, if you like games where you mind your own buisness and having a challenge. Go for it!

Edited by NL_Sion
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I can conform the game does not have any missible trophies.

My stats:
Time to Platinum: 35 hours
Diffeculty: 3/10

I also figured out all the health issue's, gonna work that out for an overview (in the guide).
At first I believed the game to be very hazardous for my monkies, and I lost 3 to bleeding and 2 new clan member got mauled by a tiger in the early stages. But if you know how to cure them, the game isn't as dangerous. It is just exploring, and crafting things like a sharpend stick. And if you lost the stick you need to make a new one. You do a lot a crafting over and over again. But it is also about exploring mostly.

Edited by NL_Sion
  • Like 1

Nice, and thanks for your guide! Stuff like " For every birth you will get +5,000 years, every unnatural death gives a penalty of -50,000 years. " sounds like it could be a source of major headaches, though.

I think I'll try this game out in January. It looks like my thing, and 35 hours doesn't sound like a too bad grind if I'm having fun.