Sparkilou-s

Is it just me

45 posts in this topic

I felt the same way, the backtracking is terrible and the platforming is a bit buggy, but this could easily be cleaned up in a sequel. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the map being shit but as for the backtracking part, it’s a metroidvania what were you guys expecting?

Edited by NaseemJohn
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

I agree with the map being shit but as for the backtracking part, it’s a metroidvania what were you guys expecting?

 

I was expecting it, but I didnt enjoy it. The way the environments are designed makes them confusing to navigate, mostly due to the map. I often ran aimlessly because I couldnt tell where each path lead.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sparkilou-s said:

But this game is not as fun as it could be with the back and forth. Half the time I’m playing I can’t even tell where I need to go with the map. Post game very frustrating process for sure. The map sucks. As case of doing to much 

 

Completely agree.

To be honest this game is way overrated. In saying that it's not terrible but it definitely seems that the developers ran out of time. 

The opening mission was super polished but as the game progressed it was obvious that it had been rushed.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should not be having frame rate issues and all the buggy stuff. I would literally get nausea on some areas w the map. I want to love it I just don’t 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sparkilou-s said:

But this game is not as fun as it could be with the back and forth. Half the time I’m playing I can’t even tell where I need to go with the map. Post game very frustrating process for sure. The map sucks. As case of doing to much 

 

It is pretty easy to navigate once you realize the shortest distance between where you're at and where you want to go is the wrong path.

"I bet they want to me take this completely out of the way route"....yup they do.
Or you could just wait for a guide.

 

The game not having backtracking wouldn't make it more fun. It would just change from being a metroidvania design to a classic Zelda design where every planet had you learn a new move/skill just for those particular set of puzzles. Different but not magically more fun.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaving out a fast travel system makes hunting down collectables.....TEDIOUS and way more time consuming than it should be.  I havent decided if im going to even finish the platinum because it will require as many hours as it took to beat the game, merely to wander the maze like Zeffo, and get everything.  Then there are 3 other planets.....egad. 

 

WHY DIDNT THEY INCLUDE FAST TRAVEL......at least after you beat the main story.....

 

It seems like a terrible decision in a game that really is barely average quality. Its a bunch of decisions like this that shows me the game was either rushed or the development team was not up to the task.

 

Its been almost 7 years since EA got the Star Wars license and this is all we have besides remakes of old Battlefront games.....obviously not an original idea.... 

 

So disappointing.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear, people whine about the stupidest things...

 

I had no issues with the game on PC, it's a completely fine game. EDIT: inb4 anyone asks, yes i 100%'ed the game on Jedi Master.

Edited by Oblivion
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it's a metroidvania, and I think this was pretty clearly communicated even before the game release. By definition, metroidvania games obviously involve a lot of backtracking, as this is a core element of their design, and this game is actually a good example of a metroidvania concept done right. That said, I would not complain about the ability to fast travel to meditation circles or whatever they are called.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, x-Alec_J-x said:

Leaving out a fast travel system makes hunting down collectables.....TEDIOUS and way more time consuming than it should be.  I havent decided if im going to even finish the platinum because it will require as many hours as it took to beat the game, merely to wander the maze like Zeffo, and get everything.  Then there are 3 other planets.....egad. 

 

WHY DIDNT THEY INCLUDE FAST TRAVEL......at least after you beat the main story.....

 

It seems like a terrible decision in a game that really is barely average quality. Its a bunch of decisions like this that shows me the game was either rushed or the development team was not up to the task.

 

Its been almost 7 years since EA got the Star Wars license and this is all we have besides remakes of old Battlefront games.....obviously not an original idea.... 

 

So disappointing.

TBH only zeffo is difficult to navigate. the other planets are way easier. total clean up took me like 5-8 hours while beating the main game took a bit longer so it's not really that bad...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The point of the game is exploration based.  You are navigating old wreckage from clone wars etc.  It was suppose to be a slow get lost and find your way journey of exploration through this artistic imagination of the star wars universe.  The entire purpose of the journey was to explore and find your way through these integrate maps.  The way the journey is set to music much like one of the films is epic in my opinion, love how the music intensifies where you finally emerge from one area into a new area of the map as if to say, "wow look what you found, you have arrived."  If you are struggling do like I did and eat a few THC infused brownies to enhance your journey and i think you will find a new appreciation for it.  I didn't care that i was a bit lost and it felt even better when I arrived at the destination.  One of the better games imo and a top ten for the ps4 generation console. 

Edited by steel6burgh
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the game itself quite a bit but trophy cleanup was a pain. Games like this NEED FAST TRAVEL. Why did they not include it? Most Metroidvanias have it. Most Soulslikes even have it. Fast travel can make hunting collectibles fun instead of a chore. They were inspired by those two genres so I don't get the exclusion. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 2:48 AM, Killbomb said:

I liked the game itself quite a bit but trophy cleanup was a pain. Games like this NEED FAST TRAVEL. Why did they not include it? Most Metroidvanias have it. Most Soulslikes even have it. Fast travel can make hunting collectibles fun instead of a chore. They were inspired by those two genres so I don't get the exclusion. 

Yep. It’s why I probably won’t be getting the platinum! Also the maps suck pretty bad. Controls weren’t any better but you could at least fast travel!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah man... I mean, I get the whole "Uncharted as a Soulslike Metroidvania" but having to run back and forth in continuous loops around the map(s) collecting shit really became more tedious than I'd have liked

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the plat. The holomap system was really confusing to navigate for the longest time. I basically started navigating from straight memory and the backtracing forced me to learn areas by heart. At least it tells you how many chests/secrets are in each area. But man, running back and forth in these areas when I realized I missed a force echo or chest or something, then having to loop de loop back around just to get back to where I was...

 

I WISH the holomap had areas you haven't visited in like a dark shade or something. Finding some of these secrets in areas I never thought too look (and the map didn't tell me) was just straight frustrating. Or maybe areas were in a darker shade? I couldn't tell. Twisting the map around and trying to see through 5 levels of other layered areas was straight ridiculous. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is just a way to artificially increase the playing time of the game.  Lazy move by the developers for sure.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SanctifiedSword said:

Just got the plat. The holomap system was really confusing to navigate for the longest time. I basically started navigating from straight memory and the backtracing forced me to learn areas by heart. At least it tells you how many chests/secrets are in each area. But man, running back and forth in these areas when I realized I missed a force echo or chest or something, then having to loop de loop back around just to get back to where I was...

 

I WISH the holomap had areas you haven't visited in like a dark shade or something. Finding some of these secrets in areas I never thought too look (and the map didn't tell me) was just straight frustrating. Or maybe areas were in a darker shade? I couldn't tell. Twisting the map around and trying to see through 5 levels of other layered areas was straight ridiculous. 


100% agree on the map. It’s something I though Respawn could have really done better 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2019 at 3:07 PM, SnakePitJohnson said:


100% agree on the map. It’s something I though Respawn could have really done better 


This is what’s bugging me. I’ve got a couple planets at 97-98% but there’s no way for me to know where I haven’t been. I followed the powerpyx guide and have all the collectibles, but it just won’t roll over.

Edited by IlatzimepAho
Speeling
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, IlatzimepAho said:


This is what’s bugging me. I’ve got a couple planets at 97-98% but there’s no way for me to know where I haven’t been. I followed the powerpyx guide and have all the collectibles, but it just won’t roll over.

U can go to ur map and hover over each area and see completion date for each mini area on the map find which one u need and explore around it 

 

I had 98% on bogano turns out I forgot to go into the little cranny where the bogling hide out

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 2:48 AM, steel6burgh said:

The point of the game is exploration based.  You are navigating old wreckage from clone wars etc.  It was suppose to be a slow get lost and find your way journey of exploration through this artistic imagination of the star wars universe.  The entire purpose of the journey was to explore and find your way through these integrate maps.  The way the journey is set to music much like one of the films is epic in my opinion, love how the music intensifies where you finally emerge from one area into a new area of the map as if to say, "wow look what you found, you have arrived."  If you are struggling do like I did and eat a few THC infused brownies to enhance your journey and i think you will find a new appreciation for it.  I didn't care that i was a bit lost and it felt even better when I arrived at the destination.  One of the better games imo and a top ten for the ps4 generation console. 

 

THC and gaming is always... sweet.  Are we soulmates?!?!?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game itself is great but then you hit this post game cleanup and I have to keep reminding myself that I enjoyed the game. No Fast travel, no ability to mark locations on a map, and easily the worst map I've seen in a game since Fez.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.