How tough are the s-ranks?

Vern3r0z

Requirements required for attaining an S-Rank seem to be a bit murky. There is a load screen tip that suggests that weapon and projectile percentages are the most important thing. However, in my experience, I have found what I feel to be a pretty good gauge on what is important.

Firstly, I think that carrots, time, and combo seem pretty irrelevant. Accuracy is definitely a big contributing factor. I found that a 60% accuracy or higher for each weapon set is pretty much a requirement for S-Rank. The other big thing is Health. I don't have an exact number (and it may vary from stage to stage), but I found that you can't have lost more than 100 health in a stage and still get an S-rank.

Most levels are not too tough honestly. The only level that is really giving me issues is 5-2: Throwing a Tantrum

• Like 2

Same here - 5-2 is the only one I’m missing. It seems like you can’t lose more than 50 health on that one. It’s... hard.

There are a few other tricky ones, but the game is a lot of fun, and for $1, I wouldn’t stop myself from playing!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/6/2020 at 2:00 AM, Francisco200400 said:

Someone to play with in coop? Would be interesting

On 12/7/2019 at 0:37 PM, aZombieDictator said:

It's a pretty good game, especially for 99 cents and there's online co op. If anyone wants to play together you can add me.

How many players for online coop?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

S Ranks get easier the more time you spend with the game. A few levels took multiple tries, especially 5-2, but once you figure out the level and can anticipate what's coming next, it becomes much more manageable. There is still a fair amount of luck involved with some levels, but skill is definitely more important.

I'd say, for the most part, they're a 6/10 difficulty, but 5-2 is at least an 8/10.

I find S-Ranks in the final zone (5) are the biggest pain. Like it gets chaotic, and your strongest weapons are okay in this zone, whereas using them in the first couple zones makes you feel powerful. It seems strongly connected to total damage taken (and accuracy maybe). It is a fun game. Just needs some more tinkering.

• 8 months later...

Just got the plat myself. I think i can agree on the 7/10. 5-2 wouldn't be too bad if the last section with the boss wasn't so damn rng dependent.and the level wasn't too damn long. 5-1 was also kinda though. Looking at the stats most tries was in level 4-3 for me, which maybe would have been easier if i had completed the game first and gotten better equipment. If anyone is having issues with the final boss, just equip the dark crystal and when you get your special in phase 2 it just melts the boss. Also if you can get this on a sale, like i did its actually a pretty decent game.

Edited by Vern3r0z

• 10 months later...

I'm trying to do S Rank whenever possible, but since it's better wait for the end game loot, I'm focusing on completing the game now. But this is becoming really annoying. Whatever sword or spear I use, I'm always out of stamina. I have the Huge Stamina equipped (+80) and this buggy piece of crap goes empty even faster than the others (+10 or +20). Since world 3 has a lot of enemies spread across the level, I spend a lot of time either evading, get hit, attack, get hit, because the stupid stamina bar is never full. Even when using the sword, it spends stamina in some weapons, which the menu description (something useless) doesn't even tell you.