I Am Jesus Christ (game)

DrakeHellsing

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/06/become-jesus-in-the-new-game-i-am-jesus-christ?sf113841221=1&fbclid=IwAR3njTrSjvuCXansgngkhgjkpMMwFu5Ne_9_f5-BPtwI8meiXfd-qz8Y7QQ

According to this, it a game that's only coming to Steam sadly, but I figured it'll be interesting to share here to see what others think on such a thing.

I personally am surprised that we haven't seen as many biblical games like this (not counting all the... not good ones, like the Bible Games games that AVGN has covered), as this one actually looks good.  A shame it's not coming to consoles though.  I mean maybe much later on down the track, you never know.

• Like 1

Oh boy, I can't wait to grind heavily in the first few hours and unlock the "Water Walk" skill early, so I don't have to waste precious pieces of silver on boats. Some interesting potential for sequence breaking here, to be sure.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

I have a feeling there won't be a "I Am Muhammad" sequel to this...

Hahaha. ? As long as he's not depicted so... I guess a faceless blob could work? They'd have to cut out the part where he "hangs out" with underaged girls though. Don't think even Steam would allow that.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2019 at 0:29 AM, Redgrave said:

Will it take three days to respawn if you die?

Mmmmm....sacrilicious.

On 12/7/2019 at 5:31 AM, SinisterPledge said:

I guess a faceless blob could work? 

They could give him a Luchador mask/costume. He could team up with Juan in Guacamelee 3!

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

It's so pleasing to be the last demographic on the planet whom it's perfectly acceptable to offend freely without worry of retribution, retaliation or reparation. 

But are you willing to ‘bear the sins of others for their transgressions’, is the big question...?

As far as the game goes, if it picks up enough traction on Steam and grabs a few headlines in a positive light (gameplay mechanics and/or graphics), I wouldn’t rule out an XBLA/PSN release.  Has anyone actually played the game, that can give feedback?  ?

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Asked for feedback.

• 2 years later...
On 1/1/2020 at 11:47 PM, PSXtreme_ said:

It's so pleasing to be the last demographic on the planet whom it's perfectly acceptable to offend freely without worry of retribution, retaliation or reparation. 

This. This game is the most blasphemous thing I've seen since Joel Osteen erased the idea of Hell in his "ministry" for the purpose of lining his pockets. They would never attempt this with Islam, but they know we'll just pray for them, so offend away! ?

Edited by Stevieboy
unnecessary comment

13 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Nothing blasphemous about this game at all, especially not when compared to all the actual history of Christianity. Taking into consideration everything between the crusades on up through the blatant molestation of children throughout the past 2000 years of Catholicism, this is fairly mild.

Yep. Exactly. Also its a cult. 

A cult is a group or movement held together by a shared commitment to a charismatic leader or ideology. It has a belief system that has the answers to all of life's questions and offers a special solution to be gained only by following the leader's rules

AKA - "Jesus Christ/God"

• Like 3

Watching the trailer for this and it doesn't even look that offensive. I've played (and platinumed!) much more offensive christian parodies, namely The Savior's Gang, wherein Jesus works with Satan to save the world from God's wrath, but then later betrays Satan because Satan wants to improve conditions for humans. And then there's that weird ass mobile game, the You Testament, wherein you play a disciple following Jesus around and can go around beating people up and throwing fireballs around.

My PSN avatar of Mary actually originates from the Savior's Gang, I think I've used it for a few years now. Fantastic profile art in that game.

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

ah yea i believe that was my dumb status update. Times have changed though for me. I regret those kind of posts. :(

I think we've all made unfortunate political statements we regret when we were younger. I didn't mention it was yours because you seem to have distanced yourself from that kinda stuff. Can't say the same for other people in the thread, unfortunately.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Watching the trailer for this and it doesn't even look that offensive. I've played (and platinumed!) much more offensive christian parodies, namely The Savior's Gang, wherein Jesus works with Satan to save the world from God's wrath, but then later betrays Satan because Satan wants to improve conditions for humans. And then there's that weird ass mobile game, the You Testament, wherein you play a disciple following Jesus around and can go around beating people up and throwing fireballs around.

My PSN avatar of Mary actually originates from the Savior's Gang, I think I've used it for a few years now. Fantastic profile art in that game.

Jesus can throw fireballs, Nintendo needs to copyright him asap hahahaha. The only bible games i remember are those old NES ones, or SNES ones that would need to have another cart on top of it. Crazy times. Bible Adventures. The doom rip off as well haha.

Yeah now that you mention it, have you ever changed your avatar? I've always been a fan of it. Its definitely artistic

• Like 1