Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nitemares-----

Private Actions - PA's

11 posts in this topic

I'm actually enjoying the Private Actions in this game, never played the 1st two Star Oceans. I was late to the series, but it reminds me of Integrity & Faithlessness with the PA's in each town.

 

The funniest ones are anyone with Welch, like the couple of PA's with Ilia & Welch. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 8:42 AM, Nitemares----- said:

I'm actually enjoying the Private Actions in this game, never played the 1st two Star Oceans. I was late to the series, but it reminds me of Integrity & Faithlessness with the PA's in each town.

 

The funniest ones are anyone with Welch, like the couple of PA's with Ilia & Welch. 

 

I am glad that SO5 moved back to this style of PA. SO3 and SO4 are very different.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best ones are related to Ilia telling Millie the story of Cinderella and Ratix's related dream afterwards.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 10:09 AM, Bos10George said:

 

I am glad that SO5 moved back to this style of PA. SO3 and SO4 are very different.

 

I see you have the Platinum already, I need advice on how to manipulate the Affinity with Roddick to get the tree ending. I've done the publication thing and everything, but on my 2 playthroughs so far l'm sure I'm good on Affinity with everyone. In my 1st game, the ending keeps pairing Phia & Cyuss, in my 2nd game, pairs Ioshua & Erys, everyone else in both playthroughs talk about Roddick by themselves. I think this is messing it up, how can I kill the Affinity for Phia & Cyuss and Ioshua & Erys, so I can get them alone. I didn't do anything to raise their Affinity for each other, never in the same fighting party, don't get why it's pairing. If that doesn't matter, then what's the best way to go about it?

Edited by Nitemares-----
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2019 at 4:41 PM, Nitemares----- said:

 

I see you have the Platinum already, I need advice on how to manipulate the Affinity with Roddick to get the tree ending. I've done the publication thing and everything, but on my 2 playthroughs so far l'm sure I'm good on Affinity with everyone. In my 1st game, the ending keeps pairing Phia & Cyuss, in my 2nd game, pairs Ioshua & Erys, everyone else in both playthroughs talk about Roddick by themselves. I think this is messing it up, how can I kill the Affinity for Phia & Cyuss and Ioshua & Erys, so I can get them alone. I didn't do anything to raise their Affinity for each other, never in the same fighting party, don't get why it's pairing. If that doesn't matter, then what's the best way to go about it?

Sorry I am seeing this so late. Here is what I did:

 

Build your party up until you get the Silvalent Emblem, do not complete the lost ruins side quest yet. Use publishing to have every character create 7 books. Read each characters book to all characters, this should set affinity for everyone to 8 for each other. Complete the game from that point for several more affinity + opportunities to get to level 10 for the ending.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bos10George said:

Sorry I am seeing this so late. Here is what I did:

 

Build your party up until you get the Silvalent Emblem, do not complete the lost ruins side quest yet. Use publishing to have every character create 7 books. Read each characters book to all characters, this should set affinity for everyone to 8 for each other. Complete the game from that point for several more affinity + opportunities to get to level 10 for the ending.

 

Yeah I'm on my playthrough right now for the tree ending, I'm actually at Silvalent right now. I was told by someone else, that you should only do Roddick's book to everyone, then play the game how you would with 3 rotating characters in boss fights, with Roddick. But since I'm at the spot you said, I'll do the books to everyone, already have my Publishing skill, I'm on my 4th playthrough and I want it to be done. So is it actually everyone or just Affinity towards Roddick from everyone? Because there isn't very many opportunities to get Affinity points to pair with just anyone besides Roddick.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

 

Yeah I'm on my playthrough right now for the tree ending, I'm actually at Silvalent right now. I was told by someone else, that you should only do Roddick's book to everyone, then play the game how you would with 3 rotating characters in boss fights, with Roddick. But since I'm at the spot you said, I'll do the books to everyone, already have my Publishing skill, I'm on my 4th playthrough and I want it to be done. So is it actually everyone or just Affinity towards Roddick from everyone? Because there isn't very many opportunities to get Affinity points to pair with just anyone besides Roddick.

Honestly I am unclear on the exact requirements. I have heard 10 with everyone and roddick both ways. The way I did it has 10 all around with everyone with each other. It worked so that's what I went with.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bos10George said:

Honestly I am unclear on the exact requirements. I have heard 10 with everyone and roddick both ways. The way I did it has 10 all around with everyone with each other. It worked so that's what I went with.

 

Thanks for your replies, to me this is the most irritating Trophy, I never played the game before this release, so I'm just unsure. I know you can save time in playthroughs with saves, which I did, but I don't really want to go through another or partial playthrough by screwing up, that's why I asked. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

basicly you want everyone to have +9 towards roddick, roddics affection doesnt really matter towards the characters. you can indeed publish to earn +8 for everyone, after that you just need to either do a PA with specific characters or kill a boss with the characters in party, as all active members gets +1 towards each other from bosses. for the tree ending in particular you must NOT meet the requirements for roddick/ilia ending as that one disables other endings and have all on +9 towards roddick.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sun_emperor1 said:

basicly you want everyone to have +9 towards roddick, roddics affection doesnt really matter towards the characters. you can indeed publish to earn +8 for everyone, after that you just need to either do a PA with specific characters or kill a boss with the characters in party, as all active members gets +1 towards each other from bosses. for the tree ending in particular you must NOT meet the requirements for roddick/ilia ending as that one disables other endings and have all on +9 towards roddick.

 

I did the Roddick's book towards everyone, have at least +1 PA with everyone towards Roddick, then each Character has 2 bosses defeated with Roddick. I didn't do the requirements for Ronyx and Ilia ending, is that what you meant? I'm just about on Asmodeus, if I don't get the Tree Ending for my Platinum now, I give up, because everyone has at least +11 AP towards Roddick.

Edited by Nitemares-----
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK I just got the Platinum, what Sun_Emperor1 said is right on the mark. You only need the affection towards Roddick, everyone else probably isn't needed, also don't get the Ronyx and Ilia ending. My final party with the 4 optionals were Ashlay, Ioshua, Pericci and Erys. I also gave Ioshua and Erys each others books to read, so I could get a positive ending for them just in case, also with Ashlay, make sure you get the Wyrm SFT from him. Hope what I put and what others put helps someone out if they're having problems.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.