Does anyone how to pull of the Cool Combination Quest?

SpiralSage

for the life of me I can't figure it out. I know Cool Combinations have something to do with when your character sparkles blue when attacking and I figure it might have something to do with getting a full combo while sparkling but is it a specific combo? I looked through the combo list and I can't find anything about a "cool Combination" combo so I'm just not sure what exactly I'm supposed to do here

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2019 at 9:43 PM, VetoShizuko said:

You're overthinking it. The cool combo quest only counts when you finish the actual combo and yes when you see the light on the character's hands you know you're doing it right.

i find it easiest with the long whip thing. I did both games except this one using that.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/17/2021 at 10:30 PM, Penpen4 said:

Thanks! I got it easily with Saki’s triangle combo. 

I've been doing this for 2 hour straight and havent gotten 1. Starting to think it's glitched.
100% sure whoever thought putting a mechanic like this in this game is a good idea should have been fired.

Edited by Chaos_Culture

17 hours ago, Chaos_Culture said:

I've been doing this for 2 hour straight and havent gotten 1. Starting to think it's glitched.
100% sure whoever thought putting a mechanic like this in this game is a good idea should have been fired.

I'm pretty sure you have to unlock the whole combo chain. I thought it was glitched as well until I hit level 99 (from around 40?) with Saki then it started to count with the aid of the Ring of Technique x2.

17 hours ago, Chaos_Culture said:

Do you have the cool combo meter turned on in the options? It'll show it at the bottom of the screen when you attack. The full combo has to be unlocked before it starts counting. The cool combos for some of the weapon types are incredibly easy to pull off, especially any of Saki's weapons. If you need help you can also buy a ring in the shop that makes cool combos easier to pull off

• Like 1

I was able to do it with Lei's Triangle, Square a bunch of times combo. With the right ring attached, it makes the timing a non-issue.
I never could do it with Saki, even though, according to cool combination bar, my timing was correct (mashing the button in the blue area).
I still feel the mechanics are nowhere near tight enough for it and this mechanic is, overall, useless as nothing is tough enough to actually need it.
But than this one annoying challenge, I do think the game is, overall, solid.
More Lollipop Chainsaw than a Devil May Cry but still fun.

And, no, I dont actually think someone should be fired. That was venting because of annoyance.

Edited by Chaos_Culture

• 4 weeks later...