Magnus Edition: Worth It (once on sale)?

MrTacoNinja

I'm assuming since it comes with the season pass (God forbid games DON'T have this season pass nonsense nowadays) you get all 10 DLC packs - honestly doesn't look like anything worth a shit to me but I'm just afraid that the devs (like most other devs these days do) will drop more DLC later with added trophies so that's why I'm wondering if it's worth it and a good investment?

Edited by MrTacoNinja

1 hour ago, grifteskymfning said:

Not worth it. At all.

Guess the season pass might be good for the upcoming Tomb Kings DLC, but you could just buy that separately.

Thanks for your time. Do you know whether or not new trophies will be added? I Googled but came up short.

It's worth it if you see it low enough, and enjoy Diablo style games. Last sale they had it in October the game was like $35 (Canadian Dollars) down from full price for Magnus Edition, but back in the early summer they had it for even cheaper they did a very low-key no ads 2 day flash sale on it through psn. Where it was for like $25 then.

5 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

Not worth it. At all.

Guess the season pass might be good for the upcoming Tomb Kings DLC, but you could just buy that separately.

?This ?

I bought this game day 1 with the season pass and I still regret it.

As an upfront warning - the devs are really really bad in supporting patches and bug fixes for the console versions - their priorities are clearly for PC owners. There are still a bunch of really serious issues that they still haven't fixed on PS4 nearly a year on. I don't want to discourage you from buying it, but it's worth being wary before you pay your money. The devs actually posted an official apology for it on reddit during the release of the game and committed to fixing them, but they never followed up and never fixed them. Instead choosing to focus more on PC issues and push more marketing for the Tomb Kings DLC and Season Pass.

It has no content worthy of a season pass. They just market it to look like it does to try and get more sales. Their season pass is basically a single piece of DLC content -  it's the only actual content that applies to the definition of a season pass, and even then, it's a single piece of content so it isn't a season pass by definition. The other 'pieces of content' they refer to are cosmetic items and more skill options. And you could really easily argue that something as basic as more skill options should not be gated behind a paywall.

This is what you currently get for the season pass:

• Cosmetic Pets

• Cosmetic Emotes

• An alternative God Skill Tree for each character (new passive and active abilities, new ways to build your character, by making offerings to a new god).

• Entire new act to the game (new location, new enemies, new story - unrelated to the main campaign).

My advice would be to wait for the DLC and if the season pass is cheaper then go for it, but at least you have the option to see which one is better for you and purchase strategically.

Yeah I've been reading around since my first post here (Reddit, Twitter, etc.) and wow, PS4 owners are pissed with this game and those half-assed developers. I never had any actual interest in that horseshit DLC, I was just wondering strategically if I was better off waiting for the Magnus edition to go on sale in case they drop future DLC with added trophies. However, after reading what you (and many others) have posted I might just actually pass on this game. I don't want to support devs like these nor do I want to play an unpolished, glitchy piece of crap.

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...