Is anyone making a guide?

pray4remy

I've been waiting for so long for a guide, I pretty much check every day. My Shenmue 3 copy is just sitting there, ready to be completed. But I just cannot bring myself to do it and then have to do it again, and again etc. 

As someone with a lack of free time as it is, I appreciate those who make guides. If anyone knows of any guides or is working on one, please comment below, I feel like there is a lot of people in the same boat as me.

• Like 1

I suppose you know about the Bailu video already, but if not, it will get you started. Don't leave Bailu until the "everything" guide come out.
There are Bailu-exclusive items, and it's better for your sanity to follow a herb video bit-by-bit than try to find every last one of them yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY_5AynXVqM

While you're waiting, work towards the Angler Extraordinaire trophy, the one where you have to catch 1,000 fish.
Even with the most optimal method possible, this one is a genuine grind. You'll enjoy the game more with it off your plate.

You'll have to play until you finish the Soccer Boy sidequest and select the fishing spot as the reward.
The time saved doing this far negates the time spent doing it.

https://youtu.be/VY_5AynXVqM?t=1739

When you get to the pond, the trick is to reel the line until it goes vertical. Once bitten, the fish will be yours before either of you have the chance to struggle.
Using this method, I caught around 60 fish every in-game day, across two rental sessions. Why they can't just let you fish, we'll never know.

If you've made any progress whatsoever, chances are you're in for a second playthrough anyway.
Honestly, if you're still in Bailu, it's simply economical to start over. Short pain for long gain, plus you get to cozy up with Shenhua more!

• Like 1

A platinum walkthrough is on my to do list, but its gonna be a while till I get to it, and when I do its going to be lots of testing so may take a while

Hopefully get it up in Jan, sorry its a bit far out. Ive had the game since release, spent a few hours on it starting the testing but have had to delay it because I cant commit fully yet due to Nov being a busy mth with game releases

What id got so far was:

Once you get to Bailu, at 09:50, a young girl will leave a house and walk to some drawings, meet her there for a cutscene and to progress. You start at 09:00, but you dont even have to do anything, just stand still and wait till then!

After that one, the next few steps are to talk to certain people to progress story. Skip time, go to ger house, talk to another little girl, meet her mom in shop, run to meadow to talk with dad, go talk and fight dude at throwing game etc

I hadnt really gotten into it to much, but seemed really quick to go through when you know exactly what to do to progress, problem is that I need to always talk to every1 in case of SQs and that I have to make herb maps and test there

EDIT:

Other than that, I dont think anyone is working on a guide im afraid

Edited by Optinooby

I've been keeping track of everything in a spreadsheet so I can make one but haven't quite got the platinum yet. Once I have, I can put what I've got into a guide and then do a quick test run of it on a blank account. Videos for the herbs will likely come later though if nobody does them first.

Yea same here i have owned the game since it came out but i have not started it yet because i was hoping somebody would make a trophy guide for the game soon.

I like to have information on how to get all the trophies before i start a new game and i would like to get all of them in my first playtrough if its possible except for the trophy for catching a 1000 fish maybe.

On 12/8/2019 at 10:56 PM, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

I suppose you know about the Bailu video already, but if not, it will get you started. Don't leave Bailu until the "everything" guide come out.
There are Bailu-exclusive items, and it's better for your sanity to follow a herb video bit-by-bit than try to find every last one of them yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY_5AynXVqM

While you're waiting, work towards the Angler Extraordinaire trophy, the one where you have to catch 1,000 fish.
Even with the most optimal method possible, this one is a genuine grind. You'll enjoy the game more with it off your plate.

You'll have to play until you finish the Soccer Boy sidequest and select the fishing spot as the reward.
The time saved doing this far negates the time spent doing it.

https://youtu.be/VY_5AynXVqM?t=1739

When you get to the pond, the trick is to reel the line until it goes vertical. Once bitten, the fish will be yours before either of you have the chance to struggle.
Using this method, I caught around 60 fish every in-game day, across two rental sessions. Why they can't just let you fish, we'll never know.

If you've made any progress whatsoever, chances are you're in for a second playthrough anyway.
Honestly, if you're still in Bailu, it's simply economical to start over. Short pain for long gain, plus you get to cozy up with Shenhua more!

Wait, there isn't a time limit in Shemnue III like past games?! (Was wondering because you're suggesting we grind for 1000 fish until a 100% guide comes out)

• 1 month later...