Trails of Cold Steel III will also be on Nintendo Switch. PC confirmed!

RadiantFlamberge

Trails of Cold Steel III will no longer be PS exclusive in Spring '20. A Nintendo Switch version has been confirmed by NISA. It will be locked to 720p@30 FPS even if your Switch is in docked mode. But if you want a portable ToCS III, now you'll have it soon.

Also... Durante has recently teased the release of a certain mystery JRPG port for PC in 2020. Could this be Trails of Cold Steel III? That's what I'm thinking.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
I meant 720p (1280 x 720), not 1280p. Title is changed because PC version of ToCS III is confirmed as of 17 Jan 2020.
  • Like 1

In this informative panel, we'll be giving you an inside look into the processes and challenges of porting some of your favorite games, such as Trails of Cold Steel III and killer7. Plus we've got announcements, a surprise guest, and a free giveaway (while supplies last)! This is a panel you won't want to miss!

Now this has gotten really interesting. "Such as Trails of Cold Steel III"? Also, Durante does have an announcement planned for January. A PC port of ToCS III wouldn't be a surprise after this.

Is the TLoH series not a "PC Series" anyway? Just take a look at Wikipedia about the first game:

Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes (ドラゴンスレイヤー 英雄伝説 Doragon Sureiyā Eiyū Densetsu) is a role-playing game developed by Nihon Falcom. It is the sixth game in the Dragon Slayer line of games, and the first in The Legend of Heroes series.

It was originally released in 1989 for the NEC PC-8801. Within the next few years it would also be ported to the NEC PC-9801, MSX 2, Sharp X68000, Sega Mega Drive, Super Famicom and the TurboGrafx-CD (PC Engine CD-ROM). A Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes Barcode Battler card set was also released by Epoch Co. in 1992. The PC Engine version was released in the United States for the TurboGrafx-CD and was the only game in the series released in the US until The Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion, the PlayStation Portable remake of The Legend of Heroes IV: Akai Shizuku.

In 1995, a version of the game was broadcast exclusively for Japanese markets via the Super Famicom's Satellaview subunit under the name BS Dragon Slayer Eiyu Densetsu. In 1998, a remake of The Legend of Heroes was bundled with a remake of Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes II and was released for both the PlayStation and the Sega Saturn.

Yeah, yeah, the PS1 was not released in 1989, but still... :P

I mean, it is very nice to have played ToCS on PS3, but it does not seem to be their priority. Personally I still have hope for the Crossbell Stories on PS4. I mean, I got warned, that ToCS3 does not make sense if I had not played that. I actually would like to play all TLoH games, to be honest. Cannot be that hard to re-release PS1, PS2, PSP and Japanese Vita games for PS4 in English with trophies. I would not even mind retro-JRPG graphics and gameplay. I actually miss them. Yeah, I am still waiting eg for Breath of Fire on PS4... On Gameboy Advance we had eg Golden Sun... Good old times.

• 2 weeks later...

An AMA with Durante is scheduled for 17 January, alongside that NISA panel. I'd bet all in on ToCS III coming to PC sometime. And if it does, I could buy that game a second time (well more like third... I bought a Thors LE and a digital deluxe).

We need Crossbell. I wonder if NISA could make a deal with Geofront for their Trails from Zero localisation?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes... a PC version of Cold Steel III is happening. Nothing too surprising, but it's great news. Durante's studio PH3 Games will do it. BTW, Durante has also updated the PC version of Ys VIII recently.

ToCS III is being released for PC on 23 March 2020. Steam and GOG will have it.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge