trophies dependent on community involvement

steel6burgh

I got the platinum in October, and in the two months that I played the game we won 4 wars... So yeah, the community is involved, and getting the community trophies is no problem whatsoever. You'll have all community trophies way before reaching level 25 or upgrading all stratagems ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

I got the platinum in October, and in the two months that I played the game we won 4 wars... So yeah, the community is involved, and getting the community trophies is no problem whatsoever. You'll have all community trophies way before reaching level 25 or upgrading all stratagems 1f642.png

Thanks for the response.  Is there matchmaking for the 4 player trophy or do you need a team?  I know very little about this game except looks fun and I love top down shooters.

1 minute ago, steel6burgh said:

Thanks for the response.  Is there matchmaking for the 4 player trophy or do you need a team?  I know very little about this game except looks fun and I love top down shooters.

You can either make private lobbies where you only play with your friends and randoms cannot join your sessions, or keep it open for anyone to join. 

I got the 4-player trophies that need coordination (like sitting together in a vehicle on a Friday) with a friend, as I doubt that if you join a random lobby the players there will be interested in getting trophies :) But you could also get those trophies on your own using four accounts / controllers... You don't need PS+ on all accounts for that. 

The game is indeed a lot of fun, you're right about that! It is, however, quite the grind.. just be aware of that! 

• 1 month later...

48 days this war has been going on and its safe to say it could easily go on another two weeks at the rate it's going.  I'd advise people wanting to platinum this game to install it and watch the war stats and enter in a few days before it looks like the war will be won.  We're down to one alien race we are fighting and despite over 800 people playing at times throughout the weekend we only took over about 1-1/2 territories.  It's all a computer simulation and completely out of your hands if and how quickly a war is won.  why i'm sure the last war hasn't been won for the hell divers I hate to think I have to keep monitoring it and participating from time to time to assure that trophy pop when the war is finally won this time or next.

• 1 month later...
On 03. 02. 2020. at 1:03 PM, Strike-Runner said:

We are going to lose this war day 56 so close, had only 2 regions left then apparently started getting under attack one after another. For people trying to go for peace and prosperity trophy I’ll keep people updated to that session.

what's the situation with war?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If anyone needs the Peace and prosperity reigns again trophy, now's the best time to get in with the current Illuminates homeworld event going on now with a pretty good chance of the community winning this event and therefore, the current war itself.

Make sure you have already completed a planet first beforehand at the minimum though to qualify for the trophy. It is likely too late to start to complete a planet by now as the Cyborg and Bug regions have already been won.

Edited by gunman47

2 hours ago, Kal2210 said:

It’s getting a little iffy with this trophy. The community had won about 80 wars in a row and is now losing more than winning. If this game is on your list, you may want to hop on now or avoid starting it.

As somebody mentioned once before the wars keep getting easier as they are lost more and more so essentially if enough are lost it would be possible for a very small group to eventually win.  however, I'd agree that starting this game sooner is better than later with ps5 coming out an all.

On 8/10/2020 at 1:54 PM, steel6burgh said:

As somebody mentioned once before the wars keep getting easier as they are lost more and more so essentially if enough are lost it would be possible for a very small group to eventually win.  however, I'd agree that starting this game sooner is better than later with ps5 coming out an all.

I have to say though, it seems as with most things with this games campaign mechanics, it's all speculation. There isn't really any proof that the campaigns become easier after lost wars. The community had won 70+ wars in a row and has now lost 3/5. So while it may be true that arrowhead has a campaign failsafe in place for when the population drops, I'm not 100% confident.

1 hour ago, Kal2210 said:

I have to say though, it seems as with most things with this games campaign mechanics, it's all speculation. There isn't really any proof that the campaigns become easier after lost wars. The community had won 70+ wars in a row and has now lost 3/5. So while it may be true that arrowhead has a campaign failsafe in place for when the population drops, I'm not 100% confident.

I mean that comment was based on personal experience more so than what anybody said although somebody did say it.  The 1st war for us it went back and forth forever and when it was finally won it almost seemed rigged like there was no way we could have won it.  We had more people playing the last alien race than all the others and a high rate of people on and when we would make a push they would push right back.  We overtook three areas they pushed back and took back 6.  Finally when we lost it was like thank god now we can move on and see if it's any easier.  We blew through the entire new campaign in about a week to ten days never loosing any ground with the same amount of people on playing daily if not less.  So I'm quite sure they get easier.  I can't prove it but I sincerely believe it.  After logging in everyday watching the two wars I feel like I had a pretty good feel for if it got easier or not.

1 hour ago, Kal2210 said:

The developer said that when the game was first released. It's not speculation. It was designed that way, intending for smaller amounts of online players over time.

29 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

I mean that comment was based on personal experience more so than what anybody said although somebody did say it.  The 1st war for us it went back and forth forever and when it was finally won it almost seemed rigged like there was no way we could have won it.  We had more people playing the last alien race than all the others and a high rate of people on and when we would make a push they would push right back.  We overtook three areas they pushed back and took back 6.  Finally when we lost it was like thank god now we can move on and see if it's any easier.  We blew through the entire new campaign in about a week to ten days never loosing any ground with the same amount of people on playing daily if not less.  So I'm quite sure they get easier.  I can't prove it but I sincerely believe it.  After logging in everyday watching the two wars I feel like I had a pretty good feel for if it got easier or not.

I gotcha. It wasn’t my personal experience so that’s why I wasn’t sure. We lost 3, long, drawn out wars in a row and it never really felt easier. We just won the 4th but that was after 34 days. But it’s good to know that arrowhead actually confirmed the wars get easier after losses.