Online leaderboards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Does anybody know if the online leaderboards are still active as of September 2020?

I tried this game ages ago, and only played two chapters. I'm not thrilled about having to play the whole thing, but I'm keen to clear it off my PS3 backlog because of it's online trophy.

If anybody has any good advice for getting through the story quickly that would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, DK33per said:

Does anybody know if the online leaderboards are still active as of September 2020?

I tried this game ages ago, and only played two chapters. I'm not thrilled about having to play the whole thing, but I'm keen to clear it off my PS3 backlog because of it's online trophy.

If anybody has any good advice for getting through the story quickly that would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Well 2 people have earned that trophy it early September. So it is a good assumption that this still work. 

Never realize that this has an online trophy, maybe I will see if I can find it. It is a pretty rare one. 

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bumperklever said:

Well 2 people have earned that trophy it early September. So it is a good assumption that the still work. 

Never realize that this has an online trophy, maybe I will see if I can find it. It is a pretty rare one. 

Oh, of course. I forgot to check the trophy page. Thank you, @Bumperklever.

It's certainly a unique-looking game. Very striking in its visuals. But I would strongly recommend trying it on a secondary account first, if you have one, as it's very much an acquired taste. Good luck in your hunt for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

Good game, it has his unique lore (fortunately i have the only online trophy of the list) but is a pain to get the platinum. One day, when i have sufficient confidence and some degree of masoquism for myself, i will try to get the plat for this game.

This is neither a hard game nor a difficult plat. 

The old guide on pstrohies that gives it a 9/10 or whatever is very outdated. 

I would give this a 4/10.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reinachii- said:

This is neither a hard game nor a difficult plat. 

The old guide on pstrohies that gives it a 9/10 or whatever is very outdated. 

I would give this a 4/10.

Why is it outdated? 

Also pst.Org rating is based on average votes from the poll they hold. There the average is 8.8 -> 9. ~half rated it a 10/10.

Furthermore, this game for been as niche as it is (therefore garners a lot more completionists) sits at only 2.5%.

Disregarding the possibility of trolls, this seems like many people had difficulties with this game. :)

On 24/09/2020 at 7:48 PM, Bumperklever said:

Why is it outdated? 

Also pst.Org rating is based on average votes from the poll they hold. There the average is 8.8 -> 9. ~half rated it a 10/10.

Most old guides were written when there were not a lot of trophy hunters. (Most from pst.org - excluding this unfortunately - have inflated ratings due to online parts. Far cry 2 10/10 etc.)

Recently there are a lot more trophy hunters(gamers in general) this equals an increase in the overall skill pool.

Hence i state it is outdated. 

With this being a niche game, the few that bothered to rate it, gave it a 10. This severely affects the overall plat difficulty negatively; over exaggerated.

This is not a difficult game, nor plat.

Edit+

There are only 3~4UR trophies. 2 are just grind, the other is earning G ranks.(can be cheesed with the ranged weapon).

Edited by Reinachii-
++
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...

This peculiar fellow has a G-Rank playthrough starting with this video.

So apparently you are enabled to save scum the hell out of this game. Which is a good thing for me...the platforming was more frustrating for me in this game than even Crash Bandicoot. Especially during the chapter (8?) where you play as the other character.

I assumed getting G Ranks was going to be like getting platinum medals in Bayonetta but the requirements, as this guy divulges, turn out to be far simpler to fulfill. I think the invincibility costume has a substantial point penalty that would understandably preclude you from getting G Rank but if it doesn’t, especially after netting the secret bonus, then more power to us :3

Edited by EqualityEarth
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Could it be that you don't need for the score to actually register online in order to obtain the trophy? I know that with certain games, it's just the act of attempting to upload a score that will trigger the trophy to pop rather than an actual online verification. Maybe someone could try to upload their score while being offline to see if it works?

• Like 1

Can confirm that the leaderboard is still up/working as of yesterday, November 3rd 2021.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:41 PM, Virdeborn said:

Could it be that you don't need for the score to actually register online in order to obtain the trophy? I know that with certain games, it's just the act of attempting to upload a score that will trigger the trophy to pop rather than an actual online verification. Maybe someone could try to upload their score while being offline to see if it works?

You need to be logged into PSN for the score upload to work or to even access the leaderboard - my PS3 was off-and-on disconnecting from PSN at random over the past few days, so I can confirm from experience that the score upload doesn't work without an internet connection established.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

For someone just looking to check if the leaderboards are still up, can confirm servers were still online as of 16/02/2023.
In addition, this game got a PC port in 2021, so it's likely the servers are gonna remain open for a long time.

For more recent checkups, see who has last gotten the trophy.

Edited by EmperorElfenSky
  • Like 3

• 10 months later...