Reinachii-

Online leaderboards

19 posts in this topic

Can anyone confirm if they are still online?

No one has earned that trophy in over a month, and the game requires a whole playthrough before you can access them... 

Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Reinachii, I'm doing my first playthrough so I will tell you this night or next day if it works.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, the online trophy is still doable, just unlocked it right now.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know if the online leaderboards are still active as of September 2020?

 

I tried this game ages ago, and only played two chapters. I'm not thrilled about having to play the whole thing, but I'm keen to clear it off my PS3 backlog because of it's online trophy.

 

If anybody has any good advice for getting through the story quickly that would be much appreciated.

 

Thank you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DK33per said:

Does anybody know if the online leaderboards are still active as of September 2020?

 

I tried this game ages ago, and only played two chapters. I'm not thrilled about having to play the whole thing, but I'm keen to clear it off my PS3 backlog because of it's online trophy.

 

If anybody has any good advice for getting through the story quickly that would be much appreciated.

 

Thank you.

Well 2 people have earned that trophy it early September. So it is a good assumption that this still work. 

 

Never realize that this has an online trophy, maybe I will see if I can find it. It is a pretty rare one. 

Edited by Bumperklever
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bumperklever said:

Well 2 people have earned that trophy it early September. So it is a good assumption that the still work. 

 

Never realize that this has an online trophy, maybe I will see if I can find it. It is a pretty rare one. 

 

Oh, of course. I forgot to check the trophy page. Thank you, @Bumperklever.

 

It's certainly a unique-looking game. Very striking in its visuals. But I would strongly recommend trying it on a secondary account first, if you have one, as it's very much an acquired taste. Good luck in your hunt for it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good game, it has his unique lore (fortunately i have the only online trophy of the list) but is a pain to get the platinum. One day, when i have sufficient confidence and some degree of masoquism for myself, i will try to get the plat for this game.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

Good game, it has his unique lore (fortunately i have the only online trophy of the list) but is a pain to get the platinum. One day, when i have sufficient confidence and some degree of masoquism for myself, i will try to get the plat for this game.

This is neither a hard game nor a difficult plat. 

The old guide on pstrohies that gives it a 9/10 or whatever is very outdated. 

I would give this a 4/10.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reinachii- said:

This is neither a hard game nor a difficult plat. 

The old guide on pstrohies that gives it a 9/10 or whatever is very outdated. 

I would give this a 4/10.

Why is it outdated? 

 

Also pst.Org rating is based on average votes from the poll they hold. There the average is 8.8 -> 9. ~half rated it a 10/10.

 

Furthermore, this game for been as niche as it is (therefore garners a lot more completionists) sits at only 2.5%.

 

Disregarding the possibility of trolls, this seems like many people had difficulties with this game. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought this game a few months ago knowing that it is very hard to platinum but it looked like an unique ps3 hidden gem so i just wanted to play it.

The G ranking on hard will be the hardest i guess but if i cant get it im fine with that too, the online trophy however i really want to get.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/09/2020 at 7:48 PM, Bumperklever said:

Why is it outdated? 

 

Also pst.Org rating is based on average votes from the poll they hold. There the average is 8.8 -> 9. ~half rated it a 10/10.

 

Most old guides were written when there were not a lot of trophy hunters. (Most from pst.org - excluding this unfortunately - have inflated ratings due to online parts. Far cry 2 10/10 etc.)

 

Recently there are a lot more trophy hunters(gamers in general) this equals an increase in the overall skill pool.

Hence i state it is outdated. 

With this being a niche game, the few that bothered to rate it, gave it a 10. This severely affects the overall plat difficulty negatively; over exaggerated.

 

This is not a difficult game, nor plat.

 

Edit+

There are only 3~4UR trophies. 2 are just grind, the other is earning G ranks.(can be cheesed with the ranged weapon).

Edited by Reinachii-
++
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an exploit that makes get G ranking on hard easier and an invincible costume that makes beating everything on Extra piss easy.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MandA60VISE said:

There's an exploit that makes get G ranking on hard easier and an invincible costume that makes beating everything on Extra piss easy.

I forgot about the costume. 

Even easier!

Edited by Reinachii-
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Online leaderboards work fine!

Got trophy "Battle for Honor" - register for the SCORE RANKING.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This peculiar fellow has a G-Rank playthrough starting with this video.

So apparently you are enabled to save scum the hell out of this game. Which is a good thing for me...the platforming was more frustrating for me in this game than even Crash Bandicoot. Especially during the chapter (8?) where you play as the other character.

I assumed getting G Ranks was going to be like getting platinum medals in Bayonetta but the requirements, as this guy divulges, turn out to be far simpler to fulfill. I think the invincibility costume has a substantial point penalty that would understandably preclude you from getting G Rank but if it doesn’t, especially after netting the secret bonus, then more power to us :3

Edited by EqualityEarth
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The online trophy is still obtainable as of:

17/09/2021   (Day/Month/Year)

 

My partner just got it yesterday  :D 

 

Which is surprising given that the people who made the game were bought out by one company after another and then liquidated.

I wonder where those servers are?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could it be that you don't need for the score to actually register online in order to obtain the trophy? I know that with certain games, it's just the act of attempting to upload a score that will trigger the trophy to pop rather than an actual online verification. Maybe someone could try to upload their score while being offline to see if it works?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can confirm that the leaderboard is still up/working as of yesterday, November 3rd 2021.

 

On 10/28/2021 at 9:41 PM, Virdeborn said:

Could it be that you don't need for the score to actually register online in order to obtain the trophy? I know that with certain games, it's just the act of attempting to upload a score that will trigger the trophy to pop rather than an actual online verification. Maybe someone could try to upload their score while being offline to see if it works?

 

You need to be logged into PSN for the score upload to work or to even access the leaderboard - my PS3 was off-and-on disconnecting from PSN at random over the past few days, so I can confirm from experience that the score upload doesn't work without an internet connection established.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.