Thoughts

Gefro-On-Defro

Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed in the trophy list for this. I wasn't expecting a full 50+ trophy list by any means, but was expecting it to be more than just "defeat the bosses" + that additional one for NG+. The graphics/art style is right up my alley so I'll definitely still be checking it out. Just wish there was a little bit more to the shinies. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Velvet said:

Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed in the trophy list for this. I wasn't expecting a full 50+ trophy list by any means, but was expecting it to be more than just "defeat the bosses" + that additional one for NG+. The graphics/art style is right up my alley so I'll definitely still be checking it out. Just wish there was a little bit more to the shinies. 

Do we know what the 'UItimate Challenge' is yet? Feels like that could make things more interesting.

1 minute ago, Alos88 said:

Do we know what the 'UItimate Challenge' is yet? Feels like that could make things more interesting.

Not yet. For a game like this, I'm going to take a bet that it involves either dying minimal times or minimal upgrades to weapons. If it's really similar to the souls games, then dying will basically be required to actually get upgrades, so if they limit it, you'd have to really spend your goodies carefully or risk struggling when you reach the end game portion. Could be time related as well. "Beat the game in an hour" or something. (Hopefully not an hour because that's really short lol)

11 hours ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

Game looks good, dark souls inspired, and 9/10 on steam reviews. Releases next week from what I can see. Here’s the trailer 

Looks like it is already in the NA Store I just picked it up its only $20 Canadian!  Hopefully no buggy trophies, the game I played this weekend turned out to have buggy trophies unfortunately.

This game is kicking my ass haha. I can't tell if I enjoy it more than the actual Souls games because of the graphics or because it feels a lot easier to navigate/get back to your body to pick up all your goodies when you die. It definitely has a bit of a grind at the beginning to get upgrades, but it plays like souls for sure. You can't just rush in swinging at things, need to dodge/parry/attack accordingly or you finna get hit in the face mad hard. Really liking it so far, though. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Velvet said:

This game is kicking my ass haha. I can't tell if I enjoy it more than the actual Souls games because of the graphics or because it feels a lot easier to navigate/get back to your body to pick up all your goodies when you die. It definitely has a bit of a grind at the beginning to get upgrades, but it plays like souls for sure. You can't just rush in swinging at things, need to dodge/parry/attack accordingly or you finna get hit in the face mad hard. Really liking it so far, though. 

Ya I'm getting my ass kicked as well. Turns out I am doing the third area first haha, gonna backtrack and do the first two areas first.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, n9rawy_5220 said:

For the ultimate challenge check this guide here.

Ultimate Challenge

Oh that's actually perfect because I definitely encountered one of those NPCs last night and 100% spoke to him again after he threatened me. He was true to his word and did, in fact, smash me to pieces. 

I'll work on upgrading some more before trying for that trophy. Thanks for the info!

I can't tell if NG+ is Nightmare mode or if you can just play normal and unlock the trophy, I have started a new game on nightmare and I get to take all relics and 1 weapon of my choice but I am back at level 1, was kind of expecting to be the same level. 

EDIT: Looks to me like Nightmare mode is NG+.

Edited by iGGTheEnd
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 0:06 AM, iGGTheEnd said:

I can't tell if NG+ is Nightmare mode or if you can just play normal and unlock the trophy, I have started a new game on nightmare and I get to take all relics and 1 weapon of my choice but I am back at level 1, was kind of expecting to be the same level. 

EDIT: Looks to me like Nightmare mode is NG+.

How long was your first playthough? Also, is there a level cap? Whats the difference so far in Nightmare(NG+)

5 hours ago, antmoney151 said:

How long was your first playthough? Also, is there a level cap? Whats the difference so far in Nightmare(NG+)

First playthrough took me 10 hours, I just platinumed the game and nightmare mode took me about 5 hours so 15 hours to platinum.  My first playthrough could have been quicker but I was slow figuring out the combat system.

There is no level cap so you can farm if you need to but bosses give tons of XP so it isn't very necessary.

Nightmare isn't much different except the final boss will show up randomly 4 times during your playthrough and there are a bit more enemy spawns but not a ton.  Just a tip for when you start nightmare, once you beat the first "Boss" on nightmare run back and use your XP before proceeding further because a tough guy will spawn on the lift up to the hub world and you may get caught off guard and die.

• Like 4