RIP Platinium for GWENT (Arena trophy)

https://www.playgwent.com/en/account-copying?fbclid=IwAR2rzs6CCgiqMIpvwVT27vj7DYeqOEX1FwGMEF5-HTCT1xwAFF1hSJuoxoQ

Spoiler

PU0I4xs.png

If I understand correctly, the arenas will be turned off today (or already turned off). If this is true then today, anyone who does not have trophies for the arena will no longer be able to get platinum in this game.

Edited by PanBeskosty

7 minutes ago, lurch_9944 said:

Glad I got that trophy done. Only thing keeping me from plat is the grind to prestige

Prestige grind was annoying, I played a deck that didn't have cards for targeting so I could play with one hand for 10 hours while not looking at the tv.

• Like 1

The problem with Arena is, they introduced a new deck today. They want do people let play with the old system against others with the new cards.

But in my opinion, they have known it long time ago, for a few weeks at least, that they do not want to support the consoles anymore. And they have informed five days before the discontinuing.

@Sikutai: Not all people who want to do the platinum play the game on release due to many other side impacts.

9 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Is that how it works? All the people who want platinums always do it within the first year?

In Free to Play Games yes, that's different. Because when they don't earn enough Money to pay their bills and Servers they have to shut down the Service. It was a funny and easy Platinum, I liked the game. "Hand of the Gods - Smite Tactics" too, by the way.

Edited by Sikutai

I figured from all devs out there, CDPR would be the one who would care (more or less) about this kind of stuff lol.

Super sad about that...hope CDPR will pull something from their sleeves to save the situation...though again like with all shutdowns/online issues - I really doubt it :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

In Free to Play Games yes, that's different. Because when they don't earn enough Money to pay their bills and Servers they have to shut down the Service. It was a funny and easy Platinum, I liked the game. "Hand of the Gods - Smite Tactics" too, by the way.

Perhaps (though I find this whole server maintenance argument to be bogus almost across the board). But why then give an announcement that you are "freezing" the console version in its current state, when in fact you are disabling features of the console version? 

57 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Worst part is that disabling arena wasnt mentioned in their announcement, just the cross platform matchmaking.

For a developer that likes to tout it's hood will with the community, that's kindof lame.

There's still hope that this was an unintended side effect of shutting down the cross platform stuff and that it'll be fixed 

CD Projekt Red did an outstanding job with The Witcher 3 and I'm sure their latest title will be good.

But..... them pulling this crap is unacceptable.

Sad to see these companies becoming more and more unfriendly towards the consumers as the years go by.

33 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Okay, the game was relesed with trophies 1 year ago, so all People who wanted platinum this game have their Platinum already.

This shouldn't be an EA Sports game or a WWE 2K title.

Those games have set server shutdowns, so after a year or two, the online is shut and those who don't have the online trophies are basically screwed out of a platinum trophy. Which at this point I think is mostly fine, because people already know what they're getting into when they bought those games.

This Gwent game on the other hand, much like Dead Star and Marvel Heroes Omega before it, has gotten unexpected announcements in the form of making certain trophies unobtainable. Dead Star didn't last one year before it's online got shut, which goes to show these multiplayer heavy games are a big risk.

That is crap. This has nothing to do with people wanting to platinum or having gotten the platinum trophy already.

19 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Unhelpful and totally missing the point.

The features they removed were not included in their announcement. Aldi, 1 year is super young for an online - don't be a prick

My thoughts exactly.

10 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

I figured from all devs out there, CDPR would be the one who would care (more or less) about this kind of stuff lol.

Super sad about that...hope CDPR will pull something from their sleeves to save the situation...though again like with all shutdowns/online issues - I really doubt it :(

They have been more consumer friendly than a lot of other developers out there. A LOT more than what I can say for EA, Activision and Ubisoft.

This is sad because I actually enjoy the Gwent card game.

Crap like this is why I have no regrets playing mostly single player only games.

Edited by Spaz

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Perhaps (though I find this whole server maintenance argument to be bogus almost across the board). But why then give an announcement that you are "freezing" the console version in its current state, when in fact you are disabling features of the console version? 

I don't know, but I am sad that the last good PvP-Card Game on my PS 4 is dead. I think that's because of the new Sony-Crossplay-Strategie. Without Crossplay the Chance to platinum this game would be still alive.

• Like 1

The community manager of CDPR answered me on twitter. He said that the arena was removed from the consoles,because wothout cross-play it will be no longer active game mode and they decided to delete it.So,maybe it might be a chance to bring the arena back.I ask Pawel about it too,hopefully he will answer on this and of course in a positive way. https://twitter.com/pawelburza/status/1204095947640360966?s=21

• Like 2

Dang.

I started Gwent in beta and was glad to see the trophy list added. As the updates rolled in, however, my feelings about its direction and viability wavered. It wasn't awful but it felt a little lost. Gradually I felt this was no longer a game that I would casually play much after completion.

I'm relieved that I have my Gwent platinum, but I'm sorry to those who had the game in their backlog. I'll commiserate though -- in June 2016, when I had 0 platinums and did not hunt trophies, NBA 2k16 was a free PS+ game of the month and a fast break 3-pointer effectively listed my first "unachievable" trophies in the 2 or 3 games I played with my roommate. Most of the game modes were disabled when servers were shut down in late 2017, and with only 95 out of 300k+ players (0.03%) earning platinum it was a ridiculous feat anyways.

I guess my point is that we can't control all of our circumstances, in trophy hunting as in life. I won't tell you how to feel about this but I will wish you're not too frustrated or discouraged. It sucks, but you don't!

And good luck with the developer outreach!

Edited by Ya_Boy_James

I have posted an answer with other proposals:

"Even if they do not want to bring back arena. Perhaps there is an option to change the requirements to unlock the trophy. Something like, win 6 of 9 games in classic. Or unlock all of the remaining arena trophies if you have unlocked the last trophy before you reached platinum."

Perhaps you can send him my proposal, I don't know if I get an answer.

33 minutes ago, pewiha said:

I have posted an answer with other proposals:

"Even if they do not want to bring back arena. Perhaps there is an option to change the requirements to unlock the trophy. Something like, win 6 of 9 games in classic. Or unlock all of the remaining arena trophies if you have unlocked the last trophy before you reached platinum."

Perhaps you can send him my proposal, I don't know if I get an answer.

Ok??

I've seen many times when our community won over such unexpected situations. We should kindly text and ask devs to at least change requirments for Arena trophy. Only together we gonna achieve it. Good luck guys!

@PlayGwent - gwent twitter
@pawelburza - community manager of GWENT. Let's send him our love and ask to resolve this issue.

I've made few messages, support, guys, let's do this!