RIP Platinium for GWENT (Arena trophy)

I'm so confused.....why does everyone think arena mode is gone?  I'm looking at it right now.  If you are looking at the screen with the three options of 'challenge (or something)', 'classic' and 'training' just hit circle.....now a new menu with 'deck builder' and 'ARENA' show up.  My arena progress has however been reset, but its still there.

ok, nevermind, I get it now......after closing the game and going back to it, arena is gone.  I was forced to do the tutorial again before I saw that menu so maybe some save deletion will throw me back to the tutorial 3 matches it makes you play and the arena option will be there again like it was 15 minutes ago. 

Edited by DerelictSoul

2 hours ago, CreateYourID said:

So from what you said, DerelictSoul, it seems they have simply turned off the option to access the Arena and the backend is still there. I guess that makes it possible for them to re-enable it without too much of an issue. The question is will they?

In any case they could change the requirments for this trophy to like "get 6 wins in a row in classic game"

Ohh well. It is what it is. I thank the developers of this game for helping me decide to free some hard drive space from my PS4 and delete this thing. Thankfully, i don't have any trophy unlocked, so this will be a mere minor issue. Guess i'll refocus my batteries on Uncharted 4 and Alice: Madness Returns.

Arenas usually operate like this:

1. Find someone with the same WIN / LOST number
  2. If the time was long, look for someone with the same number of WIN but LOST +/- 1

Winnings are the main factor. I drew a table, which by definition shows how many players and how many rounds are needed to reach 6 wins. Remember: 9 wins or 3 losses -> you're out.

Spoiler

WoX8aTR.png

For 16 players, considering the search priority, only 2 players will achieve 6 wins. (After 6 and 8 rounds). We need to multiply everything here by about 8x so that 16 players together put in 6 wins.

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

I was going to start on this game, but CPR really screwed the pooch on this. It sounds crazy, but maybe don't buy Cyberpunk 2077 when it releases out of principle. 

I'm already decided to pass on thronebreaker and cyberpunk unless I buy it used.  I wasnt super interested in.it to be honest, but would have bought it to support cdpr - now I'm less inclined.

Still hoping they reverse course on this

Edited by AJ_-_808

2 hours ago, ShockyMackyDCA said:

They finally delete ranked matches which was expected beacuse it nearly depend on cross-platforming. 

Nice another trophy gone ??

I hope Sony implements one day to deactive games in your list that havy any progress. 

Edited by pewiha
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NaseemJohn said:

There should have been some sort of warning prior to the shutdown but it’s still not that deep... just move on and play something else the world doesn’t end because one game in your backlog has an unobtainable trophy.

Nobody said the world is ending. People are rightly voicing their distaste with what CDPR did.  It was a dick move to disable things without a proper announcement.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

It was a dick move to disable things without a proper announcement.  

I agree but people need to realize that trophies aren’t that important and mean nothing to these developers so they give two fucks about wether it’s obtainable or not, especially on a game not many people showed support to in the first place. 

So we’ve lost the ability to get both trophies for arena and now the ranked trophy. As much as I like the game I don’t think I can be bothered to get the rest of the trophies that are available. I wouldn’t mind if they changed the requirements but there really aren’t enough people affected so it’s not looking likely. To be honest that would be the lowest effort option for them as it doesn’t require re-enabling ranked and arena modes. As everyone has said it would still be a very low priority for them.

46 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

I agree but people need to realize that trophies aren’t that important and mean nothing to these developers so they give two fucks about wether it’s obtainable or not, especially on a game not many people showed support to in the first place. 

I would say not all developers fall into this category, but those that do we need to help change their thought process when it comes to decision making that can negatively affect the player base albeit a small one with us trophy hunters. The way to do this is to share our concerns by reaching out to the developers, explain why it would be in their interest in helping, and do so professionally. All we can do is try.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

I think people (myself included) are clinging to hope because CDPR has previously touted their goodwill with gamers.  If enough people reach out to them, they're more likely than other developers to change things

At the very least, they could support it for just 1 more month (proper notice) or maybe give us a chance to crowdfund the cost?

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1