RIP Platinium for GWENT (Arena trophy)

38 minutes ago, CreateYourID said:

I know everyone is focussed on the arena/arena trophies but we shouldn’t forget about the rank mode trophies. I think that would make it a total of 5 trophies unavailable since December 9.

6 plus the platinum.

4 are arena related, the other 2 are rank 20 and playing a ranked match

And it's weird because rank was still working for a couple days after they disabled arena.  There's really no good enough reason for them to disable these features and worse yet, to ignore us for almost a week now

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

Can we make a thread on several subreddits about our issue, to get as many people as we can to help us at least get a proper response from CDPR? I'm not as good at writing speeches, so if there's anyone here confident enough to refine my scribbles, then together we could came up with something that could get people's attention.

31 minutes ago, Yami_no_Seitaro said:

Can we make a thread on several subreddits about our issue, to get as many people as we can to help us at least get a proper response from CDPR? I'm not as good at writing speeches, so if there's anyone here confident enough to refine my scribbles, then together we could came up with something that could get people's attention.

We should try it.If someone can make this kind of staff as soon as possible it will be perfect.I personally will be able do it in nearly 7-8 hours.

4 hours ago, Yami_no_Seitaro said:

Feel free to use this as a template.

To CDPR and whomever else it may concern:

CDPR has long been lauded as a much beloved and highly respected developer among the gaming community for their work on the Witcher and their general goodwill and fair practices towards their consumer base.

Recently, it was announced that CDPR would be shutting down Gwent on consoles, and gave us a very generous 7 month heads up.  CDPR also announced that they were shutting down crossplay a few days after said announcement.  

Unfortunately, alongside crossplay, the arena and (a couple days later) ranked progression were also disabled.  These features were not included with the announcement and caught your console userbase completely off guard.

We understand shutting down the game on the least popular platform and greatly appreciate the 6+ months advanced notice.  We do, however, feel that disabling features that affect our ability to complete (100%/platinum) this game without fair warning is underhanded and below the CDPR standard of quality.

We implore the powers that be to please reverse this decision and allow us to participate in arena and ranked progression for at least another month.  Please allow us the courtesy of a proper server/feature shutdown notice.  At the very least, please give us 1 last update altering the requirements for the affected arena and ranked trophies so that we can acquire them with standard matches.

Please consider the damage this will do to the CDPR reputation and potential negative impact on future sales.  It isnt too late to undo this, please. 

If funding is a concern, re-enable microtransactions for an influx of sales (always happens when server closures are announced) or give us an estimate and give us a chance to crowdfund it.

Please allow us another chance to fully enjoy this awesome game and obtain the Gwent platinum.

Sincerely 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I completely understand the disappointment about a trophy becoming unattainable with little notice. However, a lot of the posts in this thread are just ridiculous. So much anger and entitlement running rampant. 

The best you can do is contact them and hope they update the trophy or add it back. That said, the likelihood of anything happening is very slim so it's best to just accept that this will be a trophy you won't ever get. And that's ok. 

That was might be okay,if they warned about extinction of the arena and ranked leader at the same day,when they announced about console future.And in this last five days I might be busy by closing trophies in the arena,but without any information I was playing ranked matches to collect a metiorite powder.So,is it okay,that they just robbed us?

31 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

That said, the likelihood of anything happening is very slim so it's best to just accept that this will be a trophy you won't ever get. And that's ok. 

Instead of patronizing people here, why dont you post something helpful trying to contact CDPR

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ShockyMackyDCA said:

That was might be okay,if they warned about extinction of the arena and ranked leader at the same day,when they announced about console future.And in this last five days I might be busy by closing trophies in the arena,but without any information I was playing ranked matches to collect a metiorite powder.So,is it okay,that they just robbed us?

Robbed you of what exactly? The chance to get a platinum trophy? That's not robbery; this is still an entitlement, that you're owed a platinum on every game. The simple fact is when online trophies and games are involved, nothing is guaranteed and the timer starts ticking from the moment the game is up. I've had online games shut down on me with no notice or even false notice (see Marvel Heroes Omega) and instead of getting upset, I realize it's just a fact of life and move on.

7 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Instead of patronizing people here, why dont you post something helpful trying to contact CDPR

That's not patronizing. And I don't have any social media accounts so I couldn't even contact them if I wanted to. 

I really do wish you guys the best in getting this trophy added back into the earning pile, but don't be bitter if it doesn't.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Robbed you of what exactly? The chance to get a platinum trophy? That's not robbery; this is still an entitlement, that you're owed a platinum on every game. The simple fact is when online trophies and games are involved, nothing is guaranteed and the timer starts ticking from the moment the game is up. I've had online games shut down on me with no notice or even false notice (see Marvel Heroes Omega) and instead of getting upset, I realize it's just a fact of life and move on.

That's not patronizing. And I don't have any social media accounts so I couldn't even contact them if I wanted to. 

I really do wish you guys the best in getting this trophy added back into the earning pile, but don't be bitter if it doesn't.

The trophies are also a part of the game and game mechanics.Many of people buy games just for trophyhunting.Yes,I can agree with you in some points if thats unnormal,but it is their choices and developers are not against it.So,yes,we cans say that we are robbed them,cause they delete some game features without any warning.Yes,you right in the example of MHO,but on the other hand it closed,because a whole game comes into shutdown of the corporate DISNEY reason.Yes,thats was absolutely unfair,but the games becomes dead in speccific moment and not beacuse the developer decision.Here we have abosuletly differen situation.

P.S.In addition for Marvel and also GWENT (but for second it less relevant),Hi-Rez announced about Hand of the Gods shutdown at least six months before this thing happened. 

9 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Do you really think anyone here needs you to tell them "and that's ok", as if they're children? 

Everyone here is aware if how online games work, but you dont seem to be aware of why people are upset. The features they disabled were unnanouced and this action fly in the face of what po eople have come to expect from CDPR. People are voicing their distaste for the situation in hope that we'll be heard and have this addressed. Nothing more, nothing less.

You may want to read up on what happened to Marvel Heroes Omega, completely different situation.  The developers of MHO were robbed of their livelihood by a greedy CEO. They were forced to shut down the entire game early and leave without paychecks.  CDPR and Gwent are both still alive and well.  

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 8:10 AM, PanBeskosty said:

So i made a info about all trophies that i think are unobtainable:

100% unobtainable for now:
Deal With The Devil - Play one arena game.  - .....
Dupe The Devil - Finish a contract with Gaunter (complete an arena run). - ...
Traditionalist - Have 3 copies of the same card in an arena deck.  - ...
Apple of his Eye - Complete an arena run with at least 6 wins.  - ...

50/50% , not sure:
Trouper - Reach Rank 20 - i got some rank points last day so maybe its still able :)
Kickin' Up Dust - Play one ranked game.  - like upper one. I think, maybe u can got it :)

So 4 trophies for arena and 2  trophies for ranked games, which im not sure are unobtainable

I have just been going through the Trophy list and knocking some of the hard trophies out of the way, via Friend invite. 

I came across Baptized with Fire, which tasks you with "Play a card from 5 different factions during a match." which can only be done in Arena. Which brings the total to 5 trophies tied to Arena

@TheBritishBaron

I came across Baptized with Fire, which tasks you with "Play a card from 5 different factions during a match." which can only be done in Arena. Which brings the total to 5 trophies tied to Arena

Okay there is one way which could be tested, directly linked to Syndicate (I went through it when writing the guide with @GonzoWARgasm but we did not provide it in the guide since the trophy was natural and easy in the Arena Mode before). It follows from the following observation: some cards share two factions, so we can imagine the trophy will unlock if you play those cards (at least it deserves to be tested). I know already at least 4 such cards: 

• Nathanael Parsodi: Northern Reals and Syndicate
  • Sukrus: Skellige and Syndicate
  • The dwarves with shield: Scoiatel and Syndicate. 
  • Rico Smeierdorff: NG and Syndicate

(There is probably such card for Monsters too even if it should be not necessary) It remains to build a Syndicate deck to have a fifth good card.

Of course, if anyone tried it and it worked (or not), let us know - we will update the guide.

Edited by djippps
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, djippps said:

@TheBritishBaron

Okay there is one way which could be tested, directly linked to Syndicate (I went through it when writing the guide with @GonzoWARgasm but we did not provide it in the guide since the trophy was natural and easy in the Arena Mode before). It follows from the following observation: some cards share two factions, so we can imagine the trophy will unlock if you play those cards (at least it deserves to be tested). I know already at least 4 such cards: 

• Nathanael Parsodi: Northern Reals and Syndicate
  • Sukrus: Skellige and Syndicate
  • The dwarves with shield: Scoiatel and Syndicate. 
  • Rico Smeierdorff: NG and Syndicate

(There is probably such card for Monsters too even if it should be not necessary) It remains to build a Syndicate deck to have a fifth good card.

Of course, if anyone tried it and it worked (or not), let us know - we will update the guide.

Tatterwing is Syndicate/Monsters. 

Cleaver's Guards is the name (I think) of that Syndicate/Scoia'Tael card.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 4:25 PM, ThatMuttGuy said:

Robbed you of what exactly? The chance to get a platinum trophy? That's not robbery; this is still an entitlement, that you're owed a platinum on every game.

there are people out there, who only play for the Platinums. Those guys have literally been robbed of their reason for playing the game. And who are you to tell someone why he should play a game? Collecting platinums is as legit a reason to play a game as is being entertained or wanting some competition etc.
The only time this is worse is when it's happening with a game you paid money for.

Also, in very, very (VERY) extreme cases, for people with severe OCD (I mean people that REALLY have OCD and suffer from it, not people who claim that they have OCD because they have a quirk or want their cutlery to be orderly arranged) things like these could be catastrophic. I know I'm speaking about a really small minority of humanity, but these people have a crippling illness and if someone with that illness is working on his 100% profile, something like this suddenly disabling his ability to keep his profile at 100% could, in the worst case scenario, lead to suicide! (OCD documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VszpoKZJO5E )

I think for the next gen, Sony (and others) should rethink their achievement systems. Games should be removable from your list, even if you already owned achievements/trophies for them and developers should be forced to only include achievements that can ALWAYS be achieved, even if online (multiplayer) systems etc. get shut down. And if a game is online only and the game could be completely shut down and cease to exist, it should not get achievements at all.

• Like 2

Guys, let's face it, CDPR does not care about your trophies. Console players have been second tier citizens ever since the game was released.

They are slacking behind with the account transfer from PS4 to GoG, even though that should be their first priority because they would like to transfer paying customers to another platform. They also ignore the communication about the whole matter. 

54 minutes ago, carlokkia said:

They could just convert online matches to offline, playing against AI/bots could be a solution.

They have developed AI for Thronebreaker, nothing new to develop.

Of course there is - Thronebreaker is not fully similar to Gwent, considering the new mechanics introduced since last year. It would take developer time to issue a patch, and this is exactly what CDPR does not want to do. Console is a dead platform for Gwent, and dead means "not to touch".

5 minutes ago, pewiha said:

Perhaps they are too busy with the profile transfer that there is no time to look at our posts. 

I am a software developer and I could tell that this process is very likely automated and is not that hard for them. You don't need much people to do that kind of work. They will probably keep ignoring us and just invest in mobile gwent. Sad but inevitable.
That does not mean that we should give up on our trophy crusade. The more noise we make, the better.

Edited by MerinoFirstborn