RIP Platinium for GWENT (Arena trophy)

@Monkey-Hands and @AJ_-_808: Okay after a quick thinking, I found a new method. We probably did a mistake and this trophy « Blitz » actually requires to really play 5 cards (without generating).  

Method for « Blitz »:

Preparation: Make a Scoaitel deck with: 

- Leader ability: Mystical Echo

- Cards: Fauve and Call of the Forest. 

- condition for the trophy: 1) Fauve is in your hand AND 2) Call of the Forest is not in your hand (it is in the deck)

During the same turn:

I) Use Fauve to play Call of the Forest and play a unit card=> 3 cards

II) Then use your leader ability to replay Call of the Forest to play another unit card => 2 cards

This should work since we reach 5 cards played during the same turn. You can give news about it of course so that we update the guide.

Edited by djippps
  • Like 1

Another option:

There is an option with Villem, Menno Coehoorn, Artorios Vigo, Ffion Var Garnel and the tactic card that allows to play a Gold card from deck. 
I think you have to start with Villem, play Menno, play the tactic card and play either Artorios or Ffion, both are able to play the fifth card.

3 hours ago, djippps said:

@Monkey-Hands and @AJ_-_808: Okay after a quick thinking, I found a new method. We probably did a mistake and this trophy « Blitz » actually requires to really play 5 cards (without generating).  

Method for « Blitz »:

Preparation: Make a Scoaitel deck with: 

- Leader ability: Mystical Echo

- Cards: Fauve and Call of the Forest. 

- condition for the trophy: 1) Fauve is in your hand AND 2) Call of the Forest is not in your hand (it is in the deck)

During the same turn:

I) Use Fauve to play Call of the Forest and play a unit card=> 3 cards

II) Then use your leader ability to replay Call of the Forest to play another unit card => 2 cards

This should work since we reach 5 cards played during the same turn. You can give news about it of course so that we update the guide.

thanks, i‘ll give this a try for sure and no i wasn‘t trolling. ??‍♂️

• Like 1

On 16/12/2019 at 6:06 AM, djippps said:

@TheBritishBaron

I came across Baptized with Fire, which tasks you with "Play a card from 5 different factions during a match." which can only be done in Arena. Which brings the total to 5 trophies tied to Arena

Okay there is one way which could be tested, directly linked to Syndicate (I went through it when writing the guide with @GonzoWARgasm but we did not provide it in the guide since the trophy was natural and easy in the Arena Mode before). It follows from the following observation: some cards share two factions, so we can imagine the trophy will unlock if you play those cards (at least it deserves to be tested). I know already at least 4 such cards: 

• Nathanael Parsodi: Northern Reals and Syndicate
  • Sukrus: Skellige and Syndicate
  • The dwarves with shield: Scoiatel and Syndicate. 
  • Rico Smeierdorff: NG and Syndicate

(There is probably such card for Monsters too even if it should be not necessary) It remains to build a Syndicate deck to have a fifth good card.

Of course, if anyone tried it and it worked (or not), let us know - we will update the guide.

Unfortunately, I think Baptized with fire is no longer obtainable. I build a little Syndicate Deck with 5 cards that are dual faction. I succeeded to play those five cards during a match yesterday and I didn't unlock the trophy by doing so. Here are the five dual faction card that were in my deck:

• Temple Guard: Syndicate/Northern Realms
  • Cleaver's Muscle : Syndicate/Scoia'tael
  • Courier : Syndicate/Nilfgaard
  • Hammond : Syndicate/Skellige
  • Kikimore Warrior : Syndicate/Monsters

What bothers me a bit is that there is no mention of Arena in the requierements for unlocking the trophy. So, it may be possible with a Nilfgaard deck with those five cards :

• Summoning Circle : Artifacts/Neutral - Deploy: Create and play a bronze unit from any faction.
  • Desert Treasure  : Artifacts/Neutral - Order: Spawn and play a random legendary unit from any faction.
  • Uma's Curse : Spells/Neutral - Create and play a gold unit from any faction.
  • Bribery : Spells/Nilfgaard - Create and play a unit from your opponent's starting deck.

• Like 1

@Ynini-Kun: thanks a lot for having tested my idea. Your suggestion is quite interesting: Bribery can work with Uma’s curse and Summoning Circle, which makes 4 factions reached taking a NG deck if everything is going fine.

However, one issue is that Desert Treasure is not on the ps4 version since it belongs to the last expansion « Merchants of Ofir » (December 2019) not taken into account on ps4. 

By using your suggestion, it came to me one solution: include the « Caretaker » unit neutral card (which is heavy on provision) in order to revive Summoning Circle in round 2 or 3 and take a card from a fifth factionTo sum up: take a NG deck, with Bribery, Uma’s Curse, Summoning Circle and Caretaker

Assume you are not playing against a NG deck [so that Bribery works for the trophy]

- Round 1:  Play Summoning Circle (important)

- Round 2: Play Caretaker to revive Summoning Circle

During the match, use also Uma’s Curse and Bribery.

If the random proposed cards are fine, this should work. I strongly believe the trophy is not restricted to Arena.

Edited by djippps
  • Like 1

On 27/12/2019 at 2:59 PM, djippps said:

@Ynini-Kun: thanks a lot for having tested my idea. Your suggestion is quite interesting: Bribery can work with Uma’s curse and Summoning Circle, which makes 4 factions reached taking a NG deck if everything is going fine.

However, one issue is that Desert Treasure is not on the ps4 version since it belongs to the last expansion « Merchants of Ofir » (December 2019) not taken into account on ps4. 

By using your suggestion, it came to me one solution: include the « Caretaker » unit neutral card (which is heavy on provision) in order to revive Summoning Circle in round 2 or 3 and take a card from a fifth factionTo sum up: take a NG deck, with Bribery, Uma’s Curse, Summoning Circle and Caretaker

Assume you are not playing against a NG deck [so that Bribery works for the trophy]

- Round 1:  Play Summoning Circle (important)

- Round 2: Play Caretaker to revive Summoning Circle

During the match, use also Uma’s Curse and Bribery.

If the random proposed cards are fine, this should work. I strongly believe the trophy is not restricted to Arena.

@djippps You can update the guide! I got Baptized with fire a few minutes ago with the solution you provided with my idea! It was a pain in the ass to successfully have the right cards in hand but I finally got a game with all the required cards in my beginning hand!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When does the current season end? Maybe they can be convinced to turn consoles back on next season 

They seem to be having nothing but problems with their PC version at the moment. People still complaining about no-console support on their twitter, so this isnt dead just yet

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 2

On 19/01/2020 at 9:39 PM, RikuKelev said:

Could we deinstall the update and try the Arena thing? 

E.g. Final Fantasy XV removed comrades thus making the trophies unobtainable, but people can still get them by installing the right version.

It's a setting on the server-side not on the client side, so this will not be helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Same for me! There is only this trophy that I miss and that is the „Complete an arena run with at least 6 wins“ which now I can’t obtain anymore. I am super disappointed by the decision CD Projekt Red made here, and how they don’t care about so many consoles player! The official statement is that there is a six month transition period but it looks like they switched off the arena mode without a transition period. If they don’t give people a proper transition period, or somehow make it possible to obtain the trophy I will learn my lesson and stay away from CD Projekt Red and their games. I did enjoy the Witcher 3 Game and was looking forward to Cyberpunk but now knowing that they let people down over night... no thanks. There are enough other games to play from developers who care.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mannumberone said:

Same for me! There is only this trophy that I miss and that is the „Complete an arena run with at least 6 wins“ which now I can’t obtain anymore. I am super disappointed by the decision CD Projekt Red made here, and how they don’t care about so many consoles player! The official statement is that there is a six month transition period but it looks like they switched off the arena mode without a transition period. If they don’t give people a proper transition period, or somehow make it possible to obtain the trophy I will learn my lesson and stay away from CD Projekt Red and their games. I did enjoy the Witcher 3 Game and was looking forward to Cyberpunk but now knowing that they let people down over night... no thanks. There are enough other games to play from developers who care.

lol

REALLY? You can't even play the tutorial anymore???

I've just started the game, looking for the max % possible and no tutorial popped or anything, then I checked, nobody achieved the trophy since December, so I guess they even removed the tutorial, lol

They simply butchered the game at 9th of December, why keeping it alive until June? It's already dead for anyone...

Edited by EdinhoN

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

I've just started the game, looking for the max % possible and no tutorial popped or anything, then I checked, nobody achieved the trophy since December, so I guess they even removed the tutorial, lol

They simply butchered the game at 9th of December, why keeping it alive until June? It's already dead for anyone...

Yeah, who knows what goes through the head of people responsible for these kind of discussions. Seems like there could be other, much better solutions to this situation ?

11 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Yeah, who knows what goes through the head of people responsible for these kind of discussions. Seems like there could be other, much better solutions to this situation 1f914.png

Yeah, totally.

One good solution would be announcing the shutdown in mid-October and completely shutting at 9th December.

We would have 1.5 month of a fully operational game and would "respect" their deadline.

Of course it would be short notice, however 1.5 month is definitely better than like 5 days of a fully operational game, then more 6 months of a half-assed version with almost everything removed

• Like 1

On 12.2.2020 at 11:02 PM, EdinhoN said:

only alive until June to give people an opportunity to move to another platform... which I will not do because I feel betrayed... No idea why PlayStation allowed them such a move.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/20/2020 at 9:20 PM, AJ_-_808 said:

Last ditch effort to change the trophies.  Please sign - maybe enough signatures can get their attention.  Long shot, but nothing to lose. Feel free to share on other forums/social media 

http://chng.it/vfPdjjw4Fr

Also signed and sent to friends. I'm definitely supporting all these attempts for everyone who didn't get this plat

Edited by Sydoki

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 7:20 AM, AJ_-_808 said:

Last ditch effort to change the trophies.  Please sign - maybe enough signatures can get their attention.  Long shot, but nothing to lose. Feel free to share on other forums/social media 

http://chng.it/vfPdjjw4Fr

any update regarding this?
depends on how things turn out with the reply..
if they wont patch the trophies or bring back arena they will be sorry and i mean it

i have had enough with companies backstabing gamers for no reason and its time to act tough with them

iam going to leak the entire cyberpunk game walkthrough from start to finish weeks or days before release.

so they better agree to our easy small demands or face the loss and consequences in september

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

any update regarding this?
depends on how things turn out with the reply..
if they wont patch the trophies or bring back arena they will be sorry and i mean it

i have had enough with companies backstabing gamers for no reason and its time to act tough with them

iam going to leak the entire cyberpunk game walkthrough from start to finish weeks or days before release.

so they better agree to our easy small demands or face the loss and consequences in september

No updates.  I emailed several of their accounts and sent a couple of support tickets and PMs through their website and got no response. My buddy posted to their discord and it was deleted.  I dont have twitter if youd like to try posting it to that.

Or possibly call them on the phone? 

I've even offered to contribute and/or crowdfund the cost of an update patch, and got nowhere 

Edited by AJ_-_808