New Bioshock in development

JJTEY14

15 minutes ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

Ken Levine won't be involved in the project. Wonder what the reasoning behind that was...

Yeah that's unfortunate, but it's ok to be a little cautiously optimistic about something even remotely close to those games right? I mean who knows, what if it turns out to be something amazing. We really don't know, but it could also turn out to be trash. I'm just going to enjoy the fact that I know a new game is being made, and leave it at that until further notice.

2 hours ago, JJTEY14 said:

Yeah that's unfortunate, but it's ok to be a little cautiously optimistic about something even remotely close to those games right? I mean who knows, what if it turns out to be something amazing. We really don't know, but it could also turn out to be trash. I'm just going to enjoy the fact that I know a new game is being made, and leave it at that until further notice.

The main thing I found in all Bioshock games was atmosphere, so give me some really good atmosphere, a good story and some compelling gameplay and blam there you go I'm sold.

• Like 2

I'm always interested in more Bioshock, so this is great. 2 wasn't exactly my favorite so the lack of Ken Levine is a bummer, but 2 proved that even a mediocre BioShock is still a great game.

Ken probably has something great up his sleeve with System Shock 3 to scratch that itch anyways.

I really like the story in the first and especially the third game (unlike the gameplay which I did not care for one bit); but the ending of Infinite seemed so perfect to me that I have a hard time imagining them creating a sequel that intrigues me - a problem shared with the MCU and anything that came or comes after Endgame.

20 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

I honestly wasnt a fan of the last Bioshock game

come at me

15 minutes ago, mackenzie129 said:

Infinite was trash compared to 1&2

14 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

I didn't like infinite either.

Bring on the multiplayer again

Nice to see I'm not the only person who hates Infinite, it never felt like Bioshock to me. Bioshock = Rapture to me anyway. Felt like they put the Bioshock name on it with a few links here and there solely so it would sell better. I think the second game is the best one out of the series, another unpopular opinion. Crazy I know. :awesome:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I would have to watch/read up on this game. This thread is probably the first I've heard about it lol.

Bioshock is a spiritual successor, Ken worked on System shock 2 before Bioshock theres a lot of neat little nods at System, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLzR03dcqsoheres a trailer for SS3

Edited by mackenzie129
corrected link

1 minute ago, mackenzie129 said:

Bioshock is a spiritual successor, Ken worked on System shock 2 before Bioshock theres a lot of neat little nods at System, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLzR03dcqsoheres a trailer for SS3

I see. I read a small amount and aside from being 4 when the first game came out it was also on PC which is why I wouldn't have known about it. xD

My space comment was a joke mostly...but now I think it might have some weight to it lol.

• Like 1

I though BioShock 2 was pretty good but it can't hold a candle to the first BioShock and Infinite in terms of atmosphere and storytelling (not necessarily story mind you) so no Ken Levine has me less than enthusiastic but I'll check it out regardless. I felt Infinite wrapped everything up in a neat bow though so there's really no need for a sequel but whatever, let's see what societal commentary they'll come up with this time

2 hours ago, majob said:

I though BioShock 2 was pretty good but it can't hold a candle to the first BioShock and Infinite in terms of atmosphere and storytelling (not necessarily story mind you) so no Ken Levine has me less than enthusiastic but I'll check it out regardless. I felt Infinite wrapped everything up in a neat bow though so there's really no need for a sequel but whatever, let's see what societal commentary they'll come up with this time

I felt the same. 2 was ok, but it didn't compare to 1 for me. I was over Rapture by that point and I feel like there's really nothing left they could do that we hadn't already seen. I wasn't a huge fan of Columbia either but change of scenery was ok. My opinion on the games won't change from 1>3>2 when it comes to story and game overall. (although I do like Infinite the most for gameplay)

What I do hope? We see the Lutece's again. As well as gameplay more similar to Infinite than the previous 2 games.

2 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I felt the same. 2 was ok, but it didn't compare to 1 for me. I was over Rapture by that point and I feel like there's really nothing left they could do that we hadn't already seen. I wasn't a huge fan of Columbia either but change of scenery was ok. My opinion on the games won't change from 1>3>2 when it comes to story and game overall. (although I do like Infinite the most for gameplay)

What I do hope? We see the Lutece's again. As well as gameplay more similar to Infinite than the previous 2 games.

Infinite is actually my favorite of the three because I've never been a fan of silent protagonists and Booker and Elizabeth drive the vehicle of the story so well together. Infinite's gameplay of course, is the best of the three even if it isn't special compared to other fps games.

I'd definitely would love to see the Lutece siblings again but part of me feels they're best left with Infinite where their presence made the most sense but an easter egg would be nice

• Like 1