Triple XP for 14 days

kapitein

22 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

Platinum trophy is in, triple XP is back online!

Very glad to be done with it, because grinding the traditional way would've taken a long time to get to level 50.

Woot congrats!  I have 10 lvls to go and that damned "Multitasking" trophy til platinum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tuffinz_ said:

Woot congrats!  I have 10 lvls to go and that damned "Multitasking" trophy til platinum.

Thanks!

Yeah, that is a pain in the neck if you're unlucky. But you can also get super lucky, equipping the right loadout is key (max out damage on your torpedoes, laser barrages and regular lasers). I wasn't able to get a single Hero ship down with a fighter ship a few evenings ago, and I was at 18/25. And I remember thinking: "please God, just let me take ONE Hero ship down tonight". I got the remaining seven Hero ship kills in the next two matches. There is a God, after all.

So just keep at it, and you might get it done quicker than you think.

Good luck, man!

13 hours ago, Tuffinz_ said:

I was dreading that trophy as well, but it turned out it wasn't that difficult. Play the Heroes Starship mode and crash at the beginning. Play with a fighter from that moment and the trophy will pop quite soon.

• Like 1

Just some tips for extra XP grinding:

Like said before play co-op mode for maximum XP. In co-op I like to play the clone wars mode and switch to Chewbacca as soon as possible. With the right cards selected and maxed out you can take a point with Chewbaca against 10 AI droids. Every game I get between the 40 and 60k Xp triple that makes it between 120k and 180k every game. 
I would suggest picking a hero with a riffle since you can damage and get more assist on more enemies. 

Good luck to you all and may the force be with you.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Eramir said:

I was dreading that trophy as well, but it turned out it wasn't that difficult. Play the Heroes Starship mode and crash at the beginning. Play with a fighter from that moment and the trophy will pop quite soon.

I don't get how you did it that way... i just tried it and when i'm back with the fighter the game is already over =/ (and yes ... i kill myself directly at the begining of the game by crashing)

9 hours ago, seblegamer said:

I don't get how you did it that way... i just tried it and when i'm back with the fighter the game is already over =/ (and yes ... i kill myself directly at the begining of the game by crashing)

I completed mine yesterday. I pick the smaller ships, (so that 1 person has to play with the falcon/1 person may pick Boba Fett his ship) and use the boost to crash straight away. It is very luck depending. I had 1 game with 5 kills, 2 with 4, 1 with 7 kills and the rest of the games barely managed to get 1 kill. 

Try to hunt for the smaller ships that have no health regen, and try to save your special gun to finish them off so that you won't get kill stealed. 

7 minutes ago, IGUnique said:

I completed mine yesterday. I pick the smaller ships, (so that 1 person has to play with the falcon/1 person may pick Boba Fett his ship) and use the boost to crash straight away. It is very luck depending. I had 1 game with 5 kills, 2 with 4, 1 with 7 kills and the rest of the games barely managed to get 1 kill. 

Try to hunt for the smaller ships that have no health regen, and try to save your special gun to finish them off so that you won't get kill stealed. 

Is this on the Hero vs Hero Starships mode?  Because I thought it was just 4 hero ships and once they're dead the game ends.  I guess there are rounds though.  Idk I've had similar issue in that each time I've played that mode the round is ending by the time I spawn back in lol I guess you just have to keep at it.

43 minutes ago, Tuffinz_ said:

Is this on the Hero vs Hero Starships mode?  Because I thought it was just 4 hero ships and once they're dead the game ends.  I guess there are rounds though.  Idk I've had similar issue in that each time I've played that mode the round is ending by the time I spawn back in lol I guess you just have to keep at it.

Yes this is on Hero vs Hero Starships. It's a 4 vs 4 with hero ships, but once you die in a hero ship you get respawned as a normal ship. So if you suicide straight away and pick a fighter ship u can chase the other teams hero ships.  

Maybe I have just been lucky with the lobbies but most of the time I was the only one who was suiciding and the other players where playing seriously.

Edited by IGUnique

24 minutes ago, IGUnique said:

Yes this is on Hero vs Hero Starships. It's a 4 vs 4 with hero ships, but once you die in a hero ship you get respawned as a normal ship. So if you suicide straight away and pick a fighter ship u can chase the other teams hero ships.  

Maybe I have just been lucky with the lobbies but most of the time I was the only one who was suiciding and the other players where playing seriously.

Right, I am not very familiar with the mode but once the hero ship dies, it does not respawn right?  So how were you getting 5-7 hero ship kills in a match?  It seems like the max would be 4 and that would be very unlikely as you would have to kill all 4 yourself.

Just now, djb5f said:

Right, I am not very familiar with the mode but once the hero ship dies, it does not respawn right?  So how were you getting 5-7 hero ship kills in a match?  It seems like the max would be 4 and that would be very unlikely as you would have to kill all 4 yourself.

It has rounds.  So its 4 kills max per round I guess.  If you were to kill all 4.  I think each game is like... 3 or 4 rounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

Each game is a first to 3 round based. So you could get a maximum of 21 kills in 1 game (never gonna happen). Maybe if u are lucky u can get 1 kill each round and hope for a balanced match with both teams taking some round. 

Something that did happen to me 2 or 3 times that helps u a lot is getting kills after the round has ended. If u lose the round "Defeated" will show up on your screen. If u manage to kill someone after/while the "Defeated" is showing in your screen it will still count. This also helps cause people stop doing manouvres when the round has ended. This can only happen when u lose a round tho cause if u win there a no more hero ships left. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

It took me a week to go from level 0 to 50 with triple xp lol,Massive respect to all the people that did it with no xp boost , what a grind!

Glad I'm done with this , now I'll max out my fighter so i can get 'multi-tasking'.

How many hours did it take each day?

Hopefully they do this again soonish. (obviously prob months away now)

I was planning on redownloading and playing but the file size for this game makes that impossible with a lot of backlog already downloaded. Oh well, I'll grind it out if not the traditional way. Co-op mode makes it much easier even traditional compared to when the game first came out (it was a very awful grind just to level 25...)

2 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Hopefully they do this again soonish. (obviously prob months away now)

I was planning on redownloading and playing but the file size for this game makes that impossible with a lot of backlog already downloaded. Oh well, I'll grind it out if not the traditional way. Co-op mode makes it much easier even traditional compared to when the game first came out (it was a very awful grind just to level 25...)

They still do double XP every Wednesday so you could get in on that at least.  That's what I'm doing, 8 levels to go.