Mandatory Series To Platinum

I'm Putting together a List of quintessential series that general trophy Hunters find mandatory to platinum if they are going to call themselves a trophy hunter. I'm Listing series that I haven't already platinumed. My list so far includes:

Resident Evil

Silent Hill

Metal Gear Solid

God Of War

Yakuza

Kingdom Hearts

Wolfenstein 

Mortal Kombat

Final Fantasy

So what series should any Self-Respecting Platinum Hunter have in their sights?

If you are looking for easy-plats, then Resident Evil series is a must I think.

Silent Hill, MGS, and Yakuza series are pretty hard but Yakuza series are fun to play.

I also recommend Dynasty Warrior series and Samurai Warrior series, although they are time-consuming, they are also easy to plat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, insainraven said:

I'm Putting together a List of quintessential series that general trophy Hunters find mandatory to platinum if they are going to call themselves a trophy hunter. I'm Listing series that I haven't already platinumed. My list so far includes:

Resident Evil

Silent Hill

Metal Gear Solid

God Of War

Yakuza

Kingdom Hearts

Wolfenstein 

Mortal Kombat

Final Fantasy

So what series should any Self-Respecting Platinum Hunter have in their sights?

Adding to your list (online server shutdowns taken into consideration)...

Dead Space series (especially after Isaac made it into PSASBR ?)

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series (at least)

Gravity Rush series

Just Cause series

Tomb Raider series

Sonic series (yep)

Jak series

Sly series

Edited by EcoShifter

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

How about games they find fun to play rather than games they feel they must play?

I find Kingdom hearts, and yakuza to be incredibly fun but in the saem testing myself with different genres and againdt the all time greats that playstation has to offer is fun to me

1 hour ago, MandA60VISE said:

Instead of popular games shouldn't it be difficult games? Ones people can boast about having?

I did dead by daylight, infinite warfare, Injustice 2 so I can manage the hard games but it's more about playing the all time greats and mastering a wide variety

4 minutes ago, insainraven said:

I find Kingdom hearts, and yakuza to be incredibly fun but in the saem testing myself with different genres and againdt the all time greats that playstation has to offer is fun to me

To each their own.  I think the idea of "mandatory" series to platinum to be deemed a "self-respecting" trophy hunter is silly when everyone has different tastes.  I personally think every series on your list is either not something I'd enjoy and/or highly overrated and my time could be spent on far more enjoyable games.

In the end your list should include games you think you would enjoy playing for enough time to get all the trophies, not games other people think you should play that you may not even enjoy.   The most important thing about trophy hunting is having fun and if you aren't then you definitely should be doing something different because in the end gaming is about having fun.  Trophy hunting and getting plats is just another thing that people can find fun and satisfying.

• Like 1

Yeah, not sure I agree with the wording of this topic. I can't think of a single series that I'd consider "mandatory" to platinum, since just about every series has at least one or two games that are generally considered weak. If you wanted to skip RE5, Arkham Origins, KH:CoM, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, or *cough* any number of Tomb Raider games, I wouldn't blame you.

I guess the one exception I'd make is Dark Souls, which doesn't really have a weak entry, in my opinion. But if you don't like that kind of game, I don't see why you should feel obligated to platinum it or even play it, regardless of how much you like trophies. No game is beyond fair criticism.

I do think the Uncharted games are a required play if you own a PS3 or PS4, though.

• Like 3

Lol and I only have God of war covered from that list...not even Uncharted xD Back to the kindergarten of gaming with me!

I guess a rewording is required, because I'd rather give up trophy hunting and gaming in general than play series I don't like, such as Kingdom Hearts of Final Fantasy.

What would be cute to try and platinum if you bothered yourself to buy a Playstation and joined this site... Uncharted, Soulsborne why not, God of War... the good exclusives :dance:

• Like 1