Ever played a game so good, you just can't jump into the next one?

Metal

10 minutes ago, FierceMetal said:

Genuine question? I've just bought a PlayStation for the first time in my life. Just got access to a bunch of awesome Exclusives I've been eying up for the longest time, so I'm not short on games to play. However, I've just finished Shadow of the Colosuss, and honestly it was so damn good. I've had to take a few days to let it sink in. I'm sure I'll get stuck into the next game really soon. But seriously, that game is a master piece and I'm not ready to play anything else just yet.

Please tell me this is normal 1f602.png

What games have you guys played that has made you just have to stop, let it sink in, before you can move on? 

Yeah it happened to me long (long) time ago. The game was Age of Mythology and for almost 1 year I didn't play anything else. I managed to be also n. 73 in the ESO world rankings :P 

5 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I've had a hard time playing flat games since Astro Bot. That game is just a revolution. Like the first time I played Mario 64. In fact that was another one. Plus FF7.

You know what, I think I just have to put PSVR on the Christmas list. For Astro Bot and Beat Sabre alone (and I'm sure there's more games). This platform seems to offer pure gaming experiences that just shouldn't be missed out on, and and that's two right there I need to check out. Mario 64 was a childhood favorite of mine. I've never played a FF game but I'll be sure to check some of those out too! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Dark Souls, after this game any other role playing game just no more satisfy and everything now needs to be that great:). 

Yoooo, I can totally relate to this. One of my favourite games of all time! I was super late to this franchise and I can't wait to try for the Platinum on the Remaster on my new ps4. I was always intimidated by the Dark Souls games and alike (silly I know). When I finally played them, I realised how much I was missing out on. It all clicked when I finnally whooped Artorias in the DS1 Remaster DLC on Xbox,  everything changed for me in terms of what I felt was truly difficult in a videogame, which has opened me up to so many games that I wouldn't of tried beforehand. Another absolute masterpiece. 

7 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Neir;Automata did that for me.

A game that I need to play. Heard amazing things. Looking forward to experiencing that one! 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, FierceMetal said:

Genuine question? I've just bought a PlayStation for the first time in my life. Just got access to a bunch of awesome Exclusives I've been eying up for the longest time, so I'm not short on games to play. However, I've just finished Shadow of the Colosuss, and honestly it was so damn good. I've had to take a few days to let it sink in. I'm sure I'll get stuck into the next game really soon. But seriously, that game is a master piece and I'm not ready to play anything else just yet.

Please tell me this is normal 1f602.png

What games have you guys played that has made you just have to stop, let it sink in, before you can move on? 

The impact was higher for you because you're not familiar with the usual quality of PlayStation exclusives. Shadow of the Colossus is definitely going to have that impact on someone in a situation like yours, especially with how uncommon its gameplay style is. The powerful ending also doesn't help, though I really respect this comment, especially the last three relevant sentences of the third paragraph. Outside the scope and thrilling boss rushes, there are much better playstation exclusives out there story, narrative, world-building, gameplay, and open-world wise.

Some of mine:

Telltale's The Walking Dead, specifically Season 1 and 4 (aka The Final Season).

Gravity Rush 2

Far Cry 3

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 

Heavy Rain

INSIDE

Dead Space 3 (them plot twist)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I've had a hard time playing flat games since Astro Bot. That game is just a revolution. Like the first time I played Mario 64. In fact that was another one. Plus FF7.

Agree dude. I listed my top 10 games of the decade to my bro the other day and astro bot was one of them. He does not understand why but i told him until you play it you have no idea what kind of gaming experience you will have.

That game revolutionised platformers to a whole new level. 

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 3

On 10/12/2019 at 10:15 PM, EcoShifter said:

The impact was higher for you because you're not familiar with the usual quality of PlayStation exclusives. Shadow of the Colossus is definitely going to have that impact on someone in a situation like yours, especially with how uncommon its gameplay style is. The powerful ending also doesn't help, though I really respect this comment, especially the last three relevant sentences of the third paragraph. Outside the scope and thrilling boss rushes, there are much better playstation exclusives out there story, narrative, world-building, gameplay, and open-world wise.

Some of mine:

Telltale's The Walking Dead, specifically Season 1 and 4 (aka The Final Season).

Gravity Rush 2

Far Cry 3

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 

Heavy Rain

INSIDE

Dead Space 3 (them plot twist)

I have: 

God of War

Horizon Zero Dawn 

Bloodborne

The Last of Us

Detroit Become Human

Nioh

All ready to go. I know these games are going to be fantastic. It's hard for me to comprehend how any of them are going to surpass Shadow of the Colosuss for me but no doubt some of them will. 

I've had a few more days to digest Sotc. It is my personal favourite game I've ever played (didn't think anything would ever dethrone Aaero). Hence why I've had to take a minute. I can see my list of Favourites moving around a lot over the next few months as I work through some of these Exclusives. Exciting times! 

I also have some non exclusive games to play which I know are going to be great too: Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Nier Automata, Hellblade and Sekiro. 

It's almost overwhelming how much I've got to play lol. Thanks for your post ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

Not per se, but I will say this: The Last of Us and God of War (2018) made me want to be a father. The father-daughter and father-son dynamics (respectively) really hit home with me. Technically I already wanted to be a father, but their respective portrayals, again, really hit home. Now I like to call them Post-Apocalyptic Foster Dad Simulator 2013 and Dad of Boy (better ring to the last one).

Shadow of the Colossus has been on my list to buy for a while now. It looks very interesting and I'd like to check it out one day, although with the lack of time I've had for video games recently I'll have enough difficulty getting through my current backlog.

I love how games can have this kind of impact on us. Love when a game hits home and makes you think long after the credits roll. 

Really cool post bro. I'm actually going to play through God of War this weekend with my Son. Can't wait. 

• Like 4

Nier Automata is one for me. I really enjoyed the game the first time round but once I beat it, I didn't realize how good it was until playing it a second time... And then a 3rd time. The soundtrack is amazing and the story is really interesting. Would recommend anyone who wants a different game to play and experience.

There's a few others like Bloodborne, The Last of Us, Persona 5, Yakuza 0 but with them games, I knew they were great from the begining, Nier just hit me differently.

11 minutes ago, sunnydaleAlumni said:

Nier: Automata for me would be at top of list. Along with FFXV, Life is Strange 1, Steins;Gate, Clannad & The House in Fata Morgana. There are a few more I'm sure but those are the ones I will never forget.

I just made a post with Nier as mine but now that you mention it. FFXV is deffinatley up there for me too. Really great story with Impact and a great game too.

11 minutes ago, sunnydaleAlumni said:

Edited by The_UW_98
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 8:52 PM, Bloodytears1666 said:

Dark Souls, after this game any other role playing game just no more satisfy and everything now needs to be that great:). 

That's exactly what I've been saying. From Software is just leagues above the competition for combat. Not just combat. Everything really.

Edited by The_UW_98
  • Like 1

Yes, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel after playing this on my PS Vita all the way through to the platinum i immediately jumped on its squeal The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II, i was so hooked i just had to know what happened next and i have been a fan of this series ever since summer of this year :)  

• Like 2

I feel you bro, I have that exact phenomenon happen to me each time I plat a Yakuza game. It's so mindblowing, I literally can't enjoy anything afterwards. I don't even play anything for the rest of the day. 

Just let it sink in my dude. It's the sign of a great game.

Edited by TonicLemonIce
  • Like 4

Welcome to the Playstation community :). Glad you like it so far. One game I haven't seen mentioned here is Uncharted 4. To me, it's one of the best games of this generation and I couldn't stop playing it. Though it'll be a lot better if you've played the other games as well.

• Like 1