Metal

Ever played a game so good, you just can't jump into the next one?

139 posts in this topic

Usually any Dynasty/Samurai warriors games (except DW9) and I couldn't stop playing CTR Nitro fueled when that came out 😁

I still haven't fully recovered from Red Dead 2 and persona 5. There's a solid chance I'll never fully move on from those games. Every game I've played since I've compared to them and have been let down in one form of another. I know people like to shit on Rockstar games for reasons but I've never been fully immersed into a video game world as I was in RDR2, and I've never been fully wrapped up in a story, the characters, and the entirety of a game like Persona 5.

I can't stop playing Overwatch and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne

Probably the one game I was playing for awhile after the 100% was GTAIV. Only because I was trying to collect some of the extremely rare vehicles in the DLCs, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony (I even managed to hijack the Skylift and keep it at a parking spot :dance:). It was really awesome when I finally manage to come across and snag these vehicles, but at the same the RNG was so bad that it can take hours to come across the ones that I'm trying to get. And when you do, you have to make sure not to screw it up, like dying or accidentally blowing up the vehicle. In the end it was a lot of fun, but not without some frustration too.

Nowadays, when I get the plat or 100% I'll just move on. Too many games in the backlog to get to.

Yes, Monster Hunter World Iceborne, almost 1100 hours and i can't stop playing. I started Rage 2 and after 5 hours i went back to Iceborne. I started Middle-earth Shadow of War and after 10 hours i went back to Iceborne. The worst part is that probably i will never go back to this games. I need really good game that will help me to forget about Iceborne.

Honestly, Demon's Souls was the closest one for me. I must have played that game at least 10 times through, with 4 different characters.

I actually had the exact opposite happen to me where a game was so good, that I couldn't play it again, because I would never be able to experience it like the first time ever again. Xenoblade Chronicles did that to me.

This is what I'm currently experiencing with The Division 2. The game is simply astounding - don't get me wrong, I adore the first one, but I just can't stop playing D2. I cannot descibe how much I love this game.

When I got Dark Souls 3 platinum I took a break from gaming cause I couldn’t really enjoy anything else. The same thing happened with The Evil Within, no platinum though. 

So many, COD4 back in the day, Battlefield 3 and 4, Dark Souls trilogy, Demons Souls, Dirt Rally 1 and 2, The Last Of Us, Resident Evil 4, Fallout 3, Metal Gear Solid, id probably have an extra 100-200 platinums if it wasn’t for these games 

For me any of the Koei games Dynasty warriors, Samurai warriors and Warriors Orochi. Skyrim also took a lot of my time too😂 and Gears of war 3 before I came back over to playstation.

Personally, it was The Witcher 3, Skyrim, and The Last of Us. Uncharted would probably be on that list too, but I was a bit late to the party. I only started playing the franchise from the remastered collection, so while they're one of the games I enjoyed the most, I didn't feel as attached as I likely would, had I played them throughout the 10 years or so it took to release all four. :) 

3 minutes ago, Bratinov said:

The Binding of Isaac.

This. I got the last trophy over a year ago, but I still play Isaac every day. Since I got the game from PS+ back in the 2014, I have played it constantly. My longest break is probably a week or so.

Edited by Juzota

On 04/04/2020 at 3:08 PM, Juzota said:

This. I got the last trophy over a year ago, but I still play Isaac every day. Since I got the game from PS+ back in the 2014, I have played it constantly. My longest break is probably a week or so.

Gotta love those Greed runs and OP boss rushes. For the 700 hours I got clocked in , I only found Godhead maybe 5 times!

I got platinum Medal of Honor Warfighter but I can't stop mysely to play again as online. I don't know why but it was addictive to me.

It was the same thing with Last of Us. 

Now, I will start to play Uncharted collection again after so many years...

Stardew valley, 

Old mmorpg called RyL-Risk your life(literally..)

Wc3 RoC original

Dark souls 3, Bloodborne, The last of us, Persona and Hollow Knight, they just sucked me in.

The Witcher 3 + both DLCs. Its too damn good.

On 4/6/2020 at 7:50 AM, willythom88 said:

Horizon Zero Dawn threw me off for awhile.

This game for me as well. Literally when I was playing it I was unable to think about anything else for almost 2 weeks except playing it more. It briefly took over my life 😁