Holeshots bugged?

Holy crap, what a shitty mechanic to include. No onscreen notifications, when you actually make one, no way to verify until the end of the race and the cherry on top: even if you clearly do make one, it simply won‘t register. At first I thought I was imagining things, but I‘m clearly not. The following clip is me failing to get credit for the holeshot for what I think was the fourth time in a row, despite everything seemingly being in order.

If there‘s an error on my part, please point it out, because I can‘t see it.

Edited by Gho-Zti
  • Like 1

Yes it is a very dumb trophy but u will know if u get it and its sort of hard to explain but there will be a section after the bend at the start were at the top left it will say "Positions" and if your first u got the holeshot I also think were it says positions there is a white line of the floor so if your first there than u got it but after that simply  back out make sure u got it in your main menu stats and repet. I know its not worded very well but I hope I helped at least a bit.

With regards to your vid I really don't know hope it works for u man playing this game is bad enough and now a potentially glitched trophy hopefully it will fix its self.

Edited by coolcol26
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, coolcol26 said:

*snip*

Well first of all, thanks for the reply. I am aware of all these things and everyone can rest assured that this trophy isn‘t glitched, it‘s just that it‘s hit or miss whether your attempt will count. I‘m currently sitting at 8/10 holeshots, but I‘m pretty sure I already have double the amount in legit attempts (similar to what was shown in the video), that just weren‘t credited.

The post was meant in a sense to make people aware of the situation and maybe to get some feedback if someone had similar experiences. I do have to say though, would I have known that this would be the case, the game would‘ve stayed in the trash bin where it belongs. I can deal with hard trophies and with time consuming ones, but trophies that require a mechanic that works on a whim... no, sir.

• Like 2

yeah you clearly earned that holeshot...this entire game is a buggy mess in general. the easiest solution i've found is to use any given online map labelled "easy holeshot". that's what I did, just continue getting holeshots within it until the trophy pops.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gho-Zti said:

Well first of all, thanks for the reply. I am aware of all these things and everyone can rest assured that this trophy isn‘t glitched, it‘s just that it‘s hit or miss whether your attempt will count. I‘m currently sitting at 8/10 holeshots, but I‘m pretty sure I already have double the amount in legit attempts (similar to what was shown in the video), that just weren‘t credited.

The post was meant in a sense to make people aware of the situation and maybe to get some feedback if someone had similar experiences. I do have to say though, would I have known that this would be the case, the game would‘ve stayed in the trash bin where it belongs. I can deal with hard trophies and with time consuming ones, but trophies that require a mechanic that works on a whim... no, sir.

Yeah trophies that just dont work r for me worse than really hard or grindy trophies they just show a lack of care and passion about the game from the devs hope your torment comes to and end soon and u get the trophy. I also misunderstood the post didn't realise u were just trying to document this bug and thought that you were looking for help so I apolagzie about that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, coolcol26 said:

Yeah trophies that just dont work r for me worse than really hard or grindy trophies they just show a lack of care and passion about the game from the devs hope your torment comes to and end soon and u get the trophy. I also misunderstood the post didn't realise u were just trying to document this bug and thought that you were looking for help so I apolagzie about that.

It‘s all good! I resolved the problem with a number of restarts and switching tracks. Just repeating the same track over and over eventually stopped working, which I find a bit odd.

Everything is fine now, nothing glitched, but it‘s a curious bug nonetheless. Thank you and everyone else for their tips and words of encouragement! :)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Gho-Zti said:

I think I did two holeshots that the game didn't register but the rest were fine.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:41 AM, Emokruemmel said:

You can do this in a private match too, i did this with a second ps4. 

There is nothing buggy i think, i get the trophy instantly.

Did not know this. These were hard at first, then i shocked myself by getting 4 in 4 races in a row in 450!

When i got my 10th, it popped at the first turn.

Edited by TheGoaler
Added a sentence.

Trophy isn't bugged. Basicly you need to be first at holeshot line. Its the first checkpoint with time. Of course you need to start race first and reach line first (mainly holeshot sign near track and a line on track). Go a litte further tand pause a game and press touchpad. In statistics you should see that you made holeshot or not. If not rewind or restart race. Also you need to finish whole race to get it count. 

Edited by arazaziel

I found holeshots a bit frustrating. Sometimes I was first to the line and didn't get credit for it; other times it told me at the end of the race that I'd got the holeshot, but the in game counter didn't go up. Still, this only happened on a few occasions, and I eventually got the trophy to pop (after about my 16th holeshot).

I found this one to come quite naturally while you are playing the game, no need to farm as you can get most of them while winning the different tracks.

Just try to time it so you have a head start when the gates drop.  Then you can rewind if you mess up getting 1st around the turn or if someone crashes into you.

Any track works.  I did not find any one easier than the other.  My 10th actually popped earlier than I expected while we were still on the straightaway before the bend!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, Emokruemmel said:

Private match i said :D

I have a second ps4. And a second account. You drive first to the holeshot line, 10 times. That is. I never get this with the ai. So i tried this and got the trophy. 

thanks for this. do you remember what type of match you played for the fastest way to get this over with?

i literally just got 3 holeshots out  of 11 races and it didnt count any of them. im so pissed at this game and want to be done with it.

also there is a somewhat indication that you activated the holeshot, when you drive under the sign it catches on fire. but there still is clearly a big thats not registering these all the time because it just happened to me.

1 hour ago, jdh0921 said:

Would check after each race to verify that you got the hole shot bonus. You guys probably are, but just wanted to remind. If you restart a race, you will lose said hole shot.

apparently its a bit buggy i checked forums on other places and others had the same issue

anyone know how to turn the ai off in a private match?

ah edit i just figured it out, the setting is after realistic ai, you can pick no ai

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 0:00 AM, melodicmizery said:

thanks for this. do you remember what type of match you played for the fastest way to get this over with?

i literally just got 3 holeshots out  of 11 races and it didnt count any of them. im so pissed at this game and want to be done with it.

also there is a somewhat indication that you activated the holeshot, when you drive under the sign it catches on fire. but there still is clearly a big thats not registering these all the time because it just happened to me.

I think it was a normal (quick race) 

I never had any issue getting the Holeshot trophies, you can restart the race any time to make sure you get the perfect start. Some tracks are better than others for it, especially if you are avoiding qualifying.

Seattle and East Rutherford are really easy to get if you nail the start by reversing a tad and full throttle at the perfect moment. Yes you will have to do the full race, but I've been collecting them as I'm completing the game. I still have 8 other trophies left to get, this one I found relatively simple :)

The 30 custom track one is my bugbear, what a grind! Done 11 so far!

You can see if the holeshot registered as soon as you cross the holeshot line. Just go into the profile menu and see if it counted or not. If it didn't count despite crossing the line in first, it means that particular track is bugged and it won't count no matter what you do. So just try it on a different track.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Personally I thought this was a great trophy.

After getting to grips with the mechanics and control of the game this trophy is done pretty easily while going for my 30 wins on custom tracks trophy.

It takes some getting used to the countdown at the race start but try and time it so you reverse a couple of feet before the gates drop, I counted to 3 then accelerated and it boosted me out in front like 4/5 times (with some practice).

From there you should be past the holeshot marker in the race. If not, the rewind feature is your best friend here, get the best start you can and the best line, using this feature. It also acts as a decider as you can slow the time down to see if your bike is the first to hit the hole shot marker (usually has a shadow on the floor to help)

Hope this has helped, it helped me and I found the trophy very easy to do after learning about the boost at the start and using the rewind feature to my ultimate advantage.