Rent a Servers gone?

ElliotSmithy

I tried to rent a server for a day and it didn't work despite trying twice. Probably money lost so just giving a warning does anyone know about this. I wanted to try and make some progress on the turning tides dlc assignment specifically one below if anyone can help? Will set up a boasting session!

Naval Cutlass
Capture 20 flags while in a boat
Perform 15 kills on swimming enemies

2 hours ago, ElliotSmithy said:

I tried to rent a server for a day and it didn't work despite trying twice. Probably money lost so just giving a warning does anyone know about this. I wanted to try and make some progress on the turning tides dlc assignment specifically one below if anyone can help? Will set up a boasting session!

Naval Cutlass

Yeah I just tried twice as well, I was able to get a refund from Sony after they had me restore my licenses and initialize the PS4.

EA help was thoroughly garbage, this is all the guy said to do:

"I would request you to please perform these steps:
1) Make sure that you dimensions are 510 x 126
2)I saved the file as a png to give the converter something to convert but you can also jsut save it as a jpg.
3)Go to http://www.online-convert.com/ [online-convert.com] [online-convert.com and upload the banner.
4) select Best Quality.
5) Convert to jpg and download
6) I used Firefox to upload banner to Battlelog.
7) If Battlefield is running, restart it."

I asked him what he was talking about and he said this wasn't their problem, talk to Sony.

Bunch of idiots over there I swear.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SajoAtine said:

Yeah I just tried twice as well, I was able to get a refund from Sony after they had me restore my licenses and initialize the PS4.

2)I saved the file as a png to give the converter something to convert but you can also jsut save it as a jpg.
3)Go to http://www.online-convert.com/ [online-convert.com] [online-convert.com and upload the banner.
4) select Best Quality.

I asked him what he was talking about and he said this wasn't their problem, talk to Sony.

Jesus Christ, this is far worse than when i asked help for a PS3 DLC to Sony and they literally told me to restore my PS4.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ElliotSmithy said:

Naval Cutlass

The kills on swimmers was a pain, but if you shoot other boats you will get it eventually. When someone bails from a boat and it explodes shortly after it counts as a swimmer kill.  

The caps one isnt so bad, just go to the big map and sail back and forth around E, F, G flags at the north end of the map by the lighthouse. Forget the map name. 

GL!

2 hours ago, SajoAtine said:

4) select Best Quality.

Who/what number did u contact for a refund

18 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Yikes, I had to resort to private servers for so many of the weapons assignments. Good luck to anyone trying them legit.

Wine bottle melees was the most time consuming. The 100% took me 1 month, 1 week and 5 days. 30 minutes of rented server time (for supply drop trophy since the game mode was dead). If you like the game then there isn't any need to boost.  

2 hours ago, audiopile said:

Wine bottle melees was the most time consuming. The 100% took me 1 month, 1 week and 5 days. 30 minutes of rented server time (for supply drop trophy since the game mode was dead). If you like the game then there isn't any need to boost.  

Doesn't matter how much you like the game if you suck at it. ;)

51 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Doesn't matter how much you like the game if you suck at it. ;)

Usually the two go hand in hand. I have terrible lag due to using a cellular connection for my multiplayer gaming, yes you read that correctly. 4G for PS4 gaming... anyway, I don't think im very good at this game although I have played most of them since BF2 on PC.  BF1 PS4 stats: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/psn/audiopile

43 minutes ago, ElliotSmithy said:

Here here, that and the dlc maps are dead. :(

I can believe the DLC maps are dead, maybe even the entire game since BF:V is newer and pretty much the same game, but a tad worse.

4 minutes ago, audiopile said:

Usually the two go hand in hand. I have terrible lag due to using a cellular connection for my multiplayer gaming, yes you read that correctly. 4G for PS4 gaming... anyway, I don't think im very good at this game although I have played most of them since BF2 on PC.  BF1 PS4 stats: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/psn/audiopile

I can believe the DLC maps are dead, maybe even the entire game since BF:V is newer and pretty much the same game, but a tad worse.

Sucks I jumped on BF1 and think I prefer it cracking game you might find a few games on turning tides but nothing else, guess this hopefully won't be the case with BFV as no paid for dlc :). Can never trade in a battlefield game love going back to them and killing!

5 minutes ago, ElliotSmithy said:

Sucks I jumped on BF1 and think I prefer it cracking game you might find a few games on turning tides but nothing else, guess this hopefully won't be the case with BFV as no paid for dlc :). Can never trade in a battlefield game love going back to them and killing!

BF1 for sure was better. They get worse with every release, its mind boggling. BF5 is much quicker to plat, even thought the campaign is harder, and I don't think there will be DLC trophies since they already released the DLC maps.

BF3 >>> BF4 >> BF1 > BF5.

I didn't even touch Hardline.

Anyway, I digress. 

Edited by audiopile

Someone saw about rented servers a topic on the Official BF Forum but they say when they looked for the thread today that it got deleted.

EDIT: Nevermind just found it

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Rented-a-server-no-server/m-p/8522321

Edited by Tosmasta00

11 hours ago, Tosmasta00 said:

Someone saw about rented servers a topic on the Official BF Forum but they say when they looked for the thread today that it got deleted.

EDIT: Nevermind just found it

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Rented-a-server-no-server/m-p/8522321

However, the reply from EA in that page is "the issue will be resolved".......

equals nothing

8 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

That's a dick move from them. I was planning to boost this game soon for the DLC maps. Hopefully they gonna bring the renting option back.

You are right, they should have consulted you first to see if it aligns with your schedule of boosting for trophies.. 

Edited by audiopile

2 hours ago, audiopile said:

You are right, they should have consulted you first to see if it aligns with your schedule of boosting for trophies.. 

Don't be that sarcastic. YOU? They should have warned everyone. Don't turn things the opposite that's only aimed at me. And also you got the 100% so says the man who got it done...  And with boosting trophies is that bad in your eyes or? Why would i spend 100's of hours legit on DLC that is literally dead? Not sure what you trying to point out here, but only said it was a dick move what they did. And i'm pretty sure a lot of people will agree.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Don't be that sarcastic. YOU? They should have warned everyone. Don't turn things the opposite that's only aimed at me. And also you got the 100% so says the man who got it done...  And with boosting trophies is that bad in your eyes or? Why would i spend 100's of hours legit on DLC that is literally dead? Not sure what you trying to point out here, but only said it was a dick move what they did. And i'm pretty sure a lot of people will agree.

Rented servers are not part of what you pay for when you buy the game. It would be nice of them to warn you but when has EA cared about its customers?

I got it done on public servers as mentioned above... And it didnt take 100s of hours, it took me 5 - 6 weeks playing 2 hours a day with a focus on obtaining the trophies, an entire year after the game was released. You must know that BF DLC dies when the new release comes out, you had over 2 years to get it done...

Im not against boosting, Ive done it before, but only when games are dead, like MoH Warfighter. I get that there are time savings with it, and its allowed.

Good luck to you though, I hope you find a way to get those trophies. 

2 minutes ago, audiopile said:

Rented servers are not part of what you pay for when you buy the game. It would be nice of them to warn you but when has EA cared about its customers?

I got it done on public servers as mentioned above... And it didnt take 100s of hours, it took me 5 - 6 weeks playing 2 hours a day with a focus on obtaining the trophies, an entire year after the game was released. You must know that BF DLC dies when the new release comes out, you had over 2 years to get it done...

Im not against boosting, Ive done it before, but only when games are dead, like MoH Warfighter. I get that there are time savings with it, and its allowed.

Good luck to you though, I hope you find a way to get those trophies. 

Are you kidding me? I PAID FOR the rented server and got nothing shown in "your server". EA just swallowed my money and did nothing without any explanation. How can you vindicate EA?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, viligas96 said:

Are you kidding me? I PAID FOR the rented server and got nothing shown in "your server". EA just swallowed my money and did nothing without any explanation. How can you vindicate EA?

I was referring to the base game. 

I was not commenting on your situation, you should for sure get your money back.