New DLC

Carbon_Lancer

On 12/12/2019 at 8:45 PM, acasser said:

You have to have ascended the troop to mythic, powered him up to level 20 with the appropriate number of souls, and unlocked all three of its traits.  The base rarity doesn't matter except for how that impacts the number of extra copies you'll have to sacrifice to ascend it and how easy/difficult it will be to find those copies.

Not necessarily.  If you use medals of a higher rarity than the troop's base rarity, you don't need as many medals for the second and third elite tier.

Alternately, you can use fewer medals on the second and third elite tier and hope that RNGeezus is with you.  More medals of the same rarity as the troop's base rarity leaves you a guarantee that the elite upgrade will go through, but you can take your chances if you'd like.

Yeah I would highly recommend targeting the same base rarity troops as the medal. You get 100% chance and you won't waste any chances. I mean even if you don't have fully traited/leveled/mythic troops to upgrade 100 by the time you get through grinding explore mode you should have enough troops to target the same rarity.

With all the recent changes to the game I don't see grinding explore mode out to level up troops with the medals as worthwhile beyond trophy hunting. I mean they keep adding new delve kingdoms for extra stats for all troops, more active guilds just got a boost to stats, 2nd way to level kingdoms for an extra 20 stat points, etc. In the end you don't even upgrade a troop as much as you can upgrade all troops with using the 3 medals at the top of the screen.

Don't get me wrong an extra 5+ stat points is nice, but when you start getting to 40+ attack, 30+ magic, 60+ health and life an extra 5 stat points generally won't make or break the game

On 2019-12-12 at 5:08 PM, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

Honestly though, the only reason I've managed to save up enough resources and souls has been by logging in every single day for the last couple of years and collecting all the daily/weekly/monthly bonuses, and anything my pretty inactive guild has done. To get the coloured gems and some of the diamonds I just did one or two of the dungeon battles (or whatever they are called) on the odd day when I felt like sparing the 10mins to play them. 

I also gave up on the 100% ages ago after initially completing each new DLC that came out. Congrats on being first to finish the base list though - that's still an accomplishment! But yeah, some of these trophies have really just gotten to be WAY to much of a time sink when we've probably all got massive backlogs to try and get through as well :(

Join filoogaroo - we are quite active ?top 69 guild

1 hour ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

So what teams you guys rockin for the new explore (would also like to know your soul farming team).

I'm barely winning difficulty 7 and get destroyed at the mini boss. I've been playing this game for years and I still feel like playing it wrong. :(

I'm still able to do my goblin team, either rocket, Gobtruffle, queen, and king. Or shaman and the same other 3. 

Daemon team with Glaycion, Yao guai, and any other strong options can clear pretty fast too if glaycion gets good procs. 

There are some meta builds on reddit you can find. With explore you have to balance the reward of mythstones with successful clears. If you cant beat the bosses, earning more stones isn't worth it obviously. 

For souls you should look in the forge and check when Pharos Ra is available, if you dont have him. All other soul farm teams are not  as good without him. Game changer for sure. Before I got him I would use sol Zara, dragon soul, kerberos, and warlock. 

2 hours ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

So what teams you guys rockin for the new explore (would also like to know your soul farming team).

I'm barely winning difficulty 7 and get destroyed at the mini boss. I've been playing this game for years and I still feel like playing it wrong. :(

First get 250 wins in any mode with thief class. That will unlock the skeleton key. Once you have that. Use this team in this order - Greed, skeleton key, egg thief and Cedric Sparkle. If you’ve got 2 Cedric cards, use two instead of Greed. Fully trait them all! You will blitz most things now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

Level 12 Explore 40 second battles

TITAN Mountain Crusher, Scorpius, Leprechaun, Euryali - ALL Mythic. Biggest problem for this team is you probably going need to get Scorpius and Euryali from the forge. Loads of diamonds, and they not available all the time. Very quick team. Basically Euryali poisons all troops on 4 or 5 gem match, and Scorpius does lethal damage to all poisoned troops.

Another great team is Shield of Urskaya and Rowanne combination - this weapon and troop is really easy to get. The Shield increases Rowanne's armour. Once she is 500+ armour you can one shot all the enemy troops as her magic ability is boosted by her armour stat.

Use Leprechaun, Harpy mage or similar for mana generation 

1 hour ago, FilooGaroo said:

Join filoogaroo - we are quite active 1f642.pngtop 69 guild

Will take level 1000+ daily player ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

I used a Goblin team up through Explore 10:  Norbert's Turnip (Thief Hero), Nobend Brothers, King Gobtruffle, Stringfiddler.  It didn't work very well in Broken Spire because of the likelihood I'd see Gob Chompers, but otherwise it was a team frequently capable of looping the enemy to death because the Hero and Gobtruffle constantly re-fill the team.

Since I've moved up a little higher?  I'm using Wrath, Keeper of Souls, King Bloodhammer, and my Hero using the Green Glaive from the Tower of Doom events.  Keeper of Souls over Glaycion because I find it much easier to manipulate the board if you can convert any particular color you want to skulls, and the Hero needs to be a class that Entangles the first enemy at the start of the match -- as to buy you a few turns against most opponents before you have to worry about getting skull-bashed.  The goal of this deck is to skull-bash the enemy to death as quickly and brutally as possible.

I have guild-mates who use the Cedric/Skeleton Key meta, but I find using most of the usual metas to be tedious.  So I generally won't even assemble most of those teams, let alone use them myself.  But it probably works reasonably well and would be an adequate way to grind Hero XP, I suppose.

As for soul farming?  I don't actually have a soul-farming team anymore because I have several million surplus souls at this point and gain more all the time from dis-enchanting troops on a weekly basis (among other things).  When I did have one?  I was fortunate enough to have two copies of Pharos-Ra, so I book-ended my soul farming team with those and stuck Flesh Golem and Sol-Zara in the middle to slurp up Red and Green while still providing Necromancy benefits.

If I needed to go back to accumulating souls in combat, I'd re-assemble that team and run Explore 2 to death.  Because that's about as close as one gets to the old Explore mode.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 3:41 AM, acasser said:

I used a Goblin team up through Explore 10:  Norbert's Turnip (Thief Hero), Nobend Brothers, King Gobtruffle, Stringfiddler.  It didn't work very well in Broken Spire because of the likelihood I'd see Gob Chompers, but otherwise it was a team frequently capable of looping the enemy to death because the Hero and Gobtruffle constantly re-fill the team.

I have guild-mates who use the Cedric/Skeleton Key meta, but I find using most of the usual metas to be tedious.  So I generally won't even assemble most of those teams, let alone use them myself.  But it probably works reasonably well and would be an adequate way to grind Hero XP, I suppose.

Thief Cedric, Skeleton Key Team doesn't work so well on Explore 12, but its a great team for PvP.

The goblin team I use that can beat any Explore 12 - LEVEL 100 TITAN with Doom Codex (need the last Titan ability at level 100), 2 x Gobtruffes and Forest Troll. Insane loop team but not as quick as Shield/Rowanne or Scorpius /Euryali teams

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Another DLC just dropped. And I guess that's it from me for this game.

I honestly tell you, if Sony one day, allow us to remove games from my list, this is it.

First it was the 100 golden troops for no freaking reason. 

Now they release another Renown trophy few months after the last DLC?!

I'm OK with trophies that make you come back once and in while to check the new updates and make some basic stuff. But these DLCs are forcing me to play this crap to exhaustion. I'm honestly tired of this game already, I spend hundreds of hours playing this just for trophies.

I would send an email to the team about this, but at this point, I guess I'd just insult them all :o

Edited by TurtlePM

4 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I honestly tell you, if Sony one day, allow us to remove games from my list, this is it.

I'm OK with trophies that make you come back once and in while to check the new updates and make some basic stuff. But these DLCs are forcing me to play this crap to exhaustion. I'm honestly tired of this game already, I spend hundreds of hours playing this just for trophies.

I would send an email to the team about this, but at this point, I guess I'd just insult them all :o

Well, I’m super happy about new trophies. 

7 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

They  don' seem to care about the trophy/achievement community. Yes current hooked players will grind on and on. New players STAY AWAY !!! this game will take far too much time for pathetic bronzes !!

3 hours ago, PaoloGaldor said:

They  don' seem to care about the trophy/achievement community. Yes current hooked players will grind on and on. New players STAY AWAY !!! this game will take far too much time for pathetic bronzes !!

What if you’re a trophy hunter who loves the game? Like me. It’s win win

I love the game don't get me wrong but it's killing other trophy hunts. Far too much time needed for the grinds. I resent the time it takes. I'm hooked so in but just warning others be warned !!

Got two of the three released today but as I hate delves with a passion still chasing 20k yet alone 30k rep and don't mention gold medals !!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PaoloGaldor said:

I love the game don't get me wrong but it's killing other trophy hunts. Far too much time needed for the grinds. I resent the time it takes. I'm hooked so in but just warning others be warned !!

Got two of the three released today but as I hate delves with a passion still chasing 20k yet alone 30k rep and don't mention gold medals !!

You don’t have to get every trophy you know? Just play games and enjoy yourself. I’m happy to get the new ones in this game over time, if it’s next year or in a couple of weeks, I don’t mind. As long as there’s something to work towards. 

1 hour ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

You don’t have to get every trophy you know? Just play games and enjoy yourself. I’m happy to get the new ones in this game over time, if it’s next year or in a couple of weeks, I don’t mind. As long as there’s something to work towards

Have you reached level 1000? Do you know who many battles do you need to level up after that point? If you do, let me ask you this (because it's happening lately). If they drop another DLC called "Try This One, Geoff 2" as ridiculous as the first one, where you have to reach level 1500 or 2000 for a Bronze trophy (15 points)? It would take Years to achieve, but it's OK as long as there's something to work towards, is that it?

I've been playing this game daily for the last months, focusing on trophies and Guild requirements, and I haven't reached 20k Renown. You get a max of 120 points daily if you play with a specific team without casualties. These events are limited, so this is not just a "quit the game for some time and return later" when they add more grindy trophies each month. The later you do them, the more stuff you have to focus on.

Another thing is: what happens if, suddenly, something goes wrong and the company has to close their servers for consoles? Even if they announced one year early, I'm sure I wouldn't get all trophies (and I'm 4 trophies away from the 100%).

Not to mention that I need to grind and craft another stupid Mythic troop because the latest trophy for "Power 10 Kingdom" didn't unlock when I already have 11 kingdoms above that level -_-

48 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Have you reached level 1000? Do you know who many battles do you need to level up after that point? If you do, let me ask you this (because it's happening lately). If they drop another DLC called "Try This One, Geoff 2" as ridiculous as the first one, where you have to reach level 1500 or 2000 for a Bronze trophy (15 points)? It would take Years to achieve, but it's OK as long as there's something to work towards, is that it?

I've been playing this game daily for the last months, focusing on trophies and Guild requirements, and I haven't reached 20k Renown. You get a max of 120 points daily if you play with a specific team without casualties. These events are limited, so this is not just a "quit the game for some time and return later" when they add more grindy trophies each month. The later you do them, the more stuff you have to focus on.

Another thing is: what happens if, suddenly, something goes wrong and the company has to close their servers for consoles? Even if they announced one year early, I'm sure I wouldn't get all trophies (and I'm 4 trophies away from the 100%).

Not to mention that I need to grind and craft another stupid Mythic troop because the latest trophy for "Power 10 Kingdom" didn't unlock when I already have 11 kingdoms above that level -_-

I’m level 1050 ish. And I’m not that fussed if I’m missing a couple of trophies. I get excited when new trophies get released for this game. I play it everyday, so why not have a few more bronzes pop here and there, and work on that gold you’re talking about over the years. I don’t get why you take it so seriously